• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I remember the riddler saying that some things he had seen might have been scrapped.
I think this is possible, and I don't see why he would decide to lie.
It is possible that scrapped ideas resurface in the next games, or even in other generations.

So far, we knew that more than 190 Pokemon were intended for Gen 1, but scrapped.
Most made their way during Gen 2.
Munna was meant for Gen 1 but came out in Gen 5.
Dhelmise was mentioned in Gen 3, but came out in Gen 7.
Shellos and Gastrodon were meant for Gen 3 but came out in Gen 4... and so on.

So these ideas may appear in Stars, or later gens.
It can still happen.

Munna was meant for Gen 1 but came out in Gen 5.
Dhelmise was mentioned in Gen 3, but came out in Gen 7.
Shellos and Gastrodon were meant for Gen 3 but came out in Gen 4... and so on.
Munna was never meant for Gen 1. There's a character that mentions wanting a pink Pokemon with a floral pattern, but there's nothing else described. "Pink with a floral pattern" is vague enough that it can be a description of wallpaper, it's not enough for a Pokemon design. (And if a Pokemon design was finished, why wait eleven years to release it?)

I don't know where you're getting the assumption that Dhelmise and the Shellos line were intended for Gen 3, could you explain?

I don't know where you're getting the assumption that Dhelmise and the Shellos line were intended for Gen 3, could you explain?

Well, the Shellos thing is actually true. It was mentioned in some interview with Ken Sugimori a long while back. I can't remember why they weren't fully implemented, though.

I assume that with Dhelmise, lavandula is referring to a line of dialogue from an NPC in Slateport's open-air market, which mentions that the seaweed around the area sometimes looks like it could "rear up and attack" or something along those lines. I doubt that this was any kind of allusion to Dhelmise, though.

As for Munna, no, they probably didn't have it in mind back during Gen I. But I wouldn't be surprised if, while designing the Gen V roster, they looked back at that line and decided to make something of it. I guess you could say that the same could have happened with Dhelmise, but I'm not as convinced. In BW, a lot of the Pokémon are based off of ideas from Gen I. Whereas with Dhelmise, it'd just be them going back and making something out of a random line of text from RSE/ORAS as a one-off. Its not impossible, but it feels very impromptu.

Regigigas seems like an omission in this conversation. Planned all along, or adapted from a bit of ambiguity in the existing Regi lore?

I'm sorry Stars supporters, but if the game is real, you'll have to kiss competitive Pokemon goodbye. You have to pay a fee in order to use online modes and tournaments will now have a $299 plus $40-60 entry fee.

Hasn't it already been pointed out that nothing's confirmed that Pokemon games will also have the fee for online features? While there is a new cost for online features, it's only been said that "most games" will require payment-not all. And that also assumes that the Switch never goes down in price. Look at the 3DS-it got a drop in price less than six months after its launch.

I'm sorry Stars supporters, but if the game is real, you'll have to kiss competitive Pokemon goodbye. You have to pay a fee in order to use online modes and tournaments will now have a $299 plus $40-60 entry fee.

I'm really gonna lose my temper saying that again. But prepare for the Storm.

IT IS NOT NOT NOT NECESSARY THAT STARS WILL HAVE A PAID SRVICE....

While I think it's likely to fall under the blanket of Nintendo's paid online service, it is one of the few games I think could get a free pass.

1) We don't know if you have to pay. I doubt we will, cause people will then just buy SM since it has free online services and it's probably practically the same game.

2) We don't even know how much we'd have to pay. Could be $5 just like Bank. It's probably higher but we don't know yet, so complaining about it already is useless.

3) Competitive play will very probably not be exclusive to Stars, you can still use SM to do that (as has been the case with all third versions I think?). Yes it could be that Stars introduces new Pokémon/forms but that's an assumption that could very much not be true.

4) You pay for all online services at once, there's probably lots of Pokémon players that also play other games online (I know quite a lot of fans also play Splatoon for example), so they'll have to pay the price anyway.

It's fine to discuss the consequences of paid online services and stuff, but please stop presenting things like they're facts when they aren't. And please try to actually add something to the discussion instead of just complaining about things you don't even know are true yet.

3) Competitive play will very probably not be exclusive to Stars, you can still use SM to do that (as has been the case with all third versions I think?). Yes it could be that Stars introduces new Pokémon/forms but that's an assumption that could very much not be true.

Okay... I'm in this weird situation myself. What about players who have Stars as their first Pokemon game? Those players (probably) won't have a 3DS, so paid services might be rather forced on them,

Okay... I'm in this weird situation myself. What about players who have Stars as their first Pokemon game? Those players (probably) won't have a 3DS, so paid services might be rather forced on them,

True, but what Riley says is that all competitive players will be forced to buy Stars, which is far from true if they can just use SM. People have never been forced to buy a third version before, I doubt they'll start now. And paid online services will be forced on you for all games, not just Stars. If you want to play on a Switch, you'll have to pay to be online, but no one's forcing you to play on a Switch. You could also buy a 3DS and SM and it'll be much cheaper. Which is why I very much doubt Stars will have paid online services.

A next game might have it, and that would still not hurt competitive I think. Xbox and PS have had online paid services for years and competitive communities are very much alive there. Instead of being angry at Nintendo, we should be grateful they're the only ones that didn't start charging us for it earlier ;)

@Soki I'm considering a 3DS all this time. I'm rather reluctant about it after hearing about all sorts of lag in SM, indicators that Sun and Moon may be the last games on it, and the fact that Switch lacks backwards compactiblity.
I'm planning to ask for a Nintendo Switch and Possibly Stars for my birthday in June, along with a Super Mario Preorder.
So, let's see how things will turn out.

I haven't head that the 3ds is going to have paid online just switch,it's a big assumption to assume stars exists much less that it won't be on 3ds, wondering if your gonna have to pay to play stars online is jumping the gun so far ahead it's ridiculous.

Just remember everyone was convinced pokemon z was a thing too

I haven't head that the 3ds is going to have paid online just switch,it's a big assumption to assume stars exists much less that it won't be on 3ds, wondering if your gonna have to pay to play stars online is jumping the gun so far ahead it's ridiculous.

Pokémon Z is just something the fans thought up though, based on assumptions that there would be a third version. Stars comes from a rumor from a very credible site. There's a big difference.

No, Z was just a made up thing. A better thing would be to compare it to the time when Pokemon Sun and Moon trademarks were discovered (Trademarks are counted as evidence, but not confirmed). We can compare the Sun and Moon trademarks to the various sources supporting Stars.

Also, this long time ago blog describes the old situation quite well, which is like what we're facing now. http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?blogs/pokemon-sun-and-moon-potential-gen-7-games.597/

I wouldn't compare a trademark (combined with a logo) to a rumor.

And @PkmnTrainerV, your decision should really based on whether you want to buy the Generation VI games or future games (which, admittedly, we can only imagine at this point). The Alola games are not all there is to this equation.

What the hell do you mean by "kiss competitive Pokemon goodbye"

Even if we really have to pay, people will just pay.
I will pay.
Most competitive players are in college or have work, so it's not difficult for them to pay.

No, Z was just a made up thing. A better thing would be to compare it to the time when Pokemon Sun and Moon trademarks were discovered (Trademarks are counted as evidence, but not confirmed). We can compare the Sun and Moon trademarks to the various sources supporting Stars.

Also, this long time ago blog describes the old situation quite well, which is like what we're facing now. http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?blogs/pokemon-sun-and-moon-potential-gen-7-games.597/

Idk if I'd say the Stars rumor and the found Trademarks are a similar thing. A better comparison is when that guy leaked all the 2016 games and "Pokemon Rainbow" was on the list. Pokemon Rainbow ended up being a code name for SuMo. The same is likely for Stars. I don't think the name "Stars" is the actual name of the next game(s). Rather it's just a code name until they officially announce it. The only difference between the Pokemon Rainbow rumor and the Pokemon Stars rumor is that the Stars one comes from a really credible source. Where as the Rainbow one came from someone that no one really knew was credible until he got taken down by Nintendo and the info turned out to be true. Either way I'd say that just as the Rainbow rumor was real, Stars is also real. I however don't agree with everyone's assumptions that it'll be a simple 3rd version. Why go back to that? We have ZERO evidence that Stars will just be a port of SuMo to the Switch. Until we know for sure it's bets not to talk like we know for sure.

Anyway as for as paying to use online services I'd say that it's unlikely that Pokemon will ever have to be paid for in such a fashion. Even on the PS4 and Xbone there are online services that don't require you to pay anything. sure they aren't as good as the paid service, but they ARE still available. That's something to keep in mind. Nintendo could very well exempt certain series from needing the paid service.

I however don't agree with everyone's assumptions that it'll be a simple 3rd version. Why go back to that? We have ZERO evidence that Stars will just be a port of SuMo to the Switch. Until we know for sure it's bets not to talk like we know for sure.

We do have some evidence - Eurogamer, the source of the rumor, says that it will be a third version akin to Yellow, Platinum, etc.

> "Earlier generations of Pokémon games have featured a third title launched later with expanded features - Pokémon Yellow followed Game Boy originals Red and Blue to start this trend, which continued through until Pokémon Platinum followed Diamond and Pearl on DS. With Pokémon Stars, this idea will be revived - but for the first time we'll see the mainline Pokémon series spanning separate Nintendo consoles within the same generation of games."

We do have some evidence - Eurogamer, the source of the rumor, says that it will be a third version akin to Yellow, Platinum, etc.

> "Earlier generations of Pokémon games have featured a third title launched later with expanded features - Pokémon Yellow followed Game Boy originals Red and Blue to start this trend, which continued through until Pokémon Platinum followed Diamond and Pearl on DS. With Pokémon Stars, this idea will be revived - but for the first time we'll see the mainline Pokémon series spanning separate Nintendo consoles within the same generation of games."

Hmmmmm is that so.....I could have sworn I saw them say that, but also note that the story would be likely new....I wonder where I saw that. I thought it was Eurogamer. I think it was on a separate article tho where they just listed out games that would be on the Switch. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for pointing me toward that little bit. I must have skimmed past it back when the article first came out.

Back
Top Bottom