• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Running Out of Type Combinations- What Will They Do?

Yeah. They never really hyped up Far, Fairy, and Steel when they were introduced.
Well, Steel was kinda hyped... In Japan. At least I get that feeling considering they showed it as a mysterious and new type with Skarmory/Yoroidori in the Spaceworld demo.

And Fairy got Sylveon's announcement which came typeless, making people speculate about it.

Did they do anything with Dark aside from retyping Umbreon?

I just want Rock/Ghost to happen already. Fire/Fairy and Ground/Fairy are excusable since Fairy has not been around too long. Normal too since it is considered somewhat boring and honestly typings like Gogoat/Sawsbuck and Heliolisk are more seen like liabilities (the one thing Normal absolutely needed was done, and it is Hisuian Zoroark, Fighting/Ghost was too perfect coverage before that). Poison/Ice I cannot care much about honestly, it is only spared from a Fighting weakness but good luck with all the rest.

In any case I do not believe running out of combinations is that much of a problem, and a 19th type really is not needed.

The one thing i want is to have starter dual typings being different than the same typings (Not even the same combo's), being recycled.

Like, did we really need 2 part Dark cat starters or 2 part fighting birds back-to-back. Or have the same dual typings in back-to-back games (Dark, Ghost, Fighting). Like, other typings exist outside of those three Gamefreak. At least Empoleon, Primarina, Delphox and Venusaur stand out because of it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom