• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP26: All in a Day's Wurmple

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode 014: "Double Battle, Double Wurmple!"
American Episode 014: "All in a Day's Wurmple!"

0227.jpg

Today's episode has a lot of firsts, like Satoshi's first two-on-two battle as well as a capture or two. It's a lot better than those random Jouto forest episodes, that's for sure.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Also, please avoid posting spoilers for events that happen in future episodes since this isn't the Anime Spoilers forum.

Last edited:
Identical twins. Identical twins? What was the friggin' point?

Ariados evidently has a hole in its back stinger. We haven't seen that before, have we?

And Jesse made me laugh out loud when she said "We lie, cheat, and steal!" OK, hands up, who pictured her in a low rider?

And wow. OK, so May has to fight Torchic, but Jesse can catch one straight out. Odd.

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
And wow. OK, so May has to fight Torchic, but Jesse can catch one straight out. Odd.
Meh?

Yay yay yay yay yay! It looks like TR's Theme and Advance Adventure are going to be in every epi. In addition to the new music, I'm still loving the new animation! Lolish.

Pecha berries, one of my favourites! It was funny how Franklin kept commenting how independant Haruka May was. So, yeah for me! (has nothing to do with me). ^^;

The double battle was cool. I thought Forrester would win. I was surprised iron tail worked, even just once. Pound with a tail sure was interesting.

Wurmple's voice seemed too feminine. I think it should've been more neutral. Anyhow....cool episode but not much to say.

Forrest and Forrester were the stupidest dub names ever. Were they that bad in the original? Maybe Forrest and Woody or something would've been more acceptable...

Rating: 9/10

I agree with you, Hitchi. Those were weird dub names....and it's so great that they're keeping all that good music! And they played Advance Adventure twice in this episode!! That was so cool! :-D

Anyway, I thought this episode was pretty good, too. And I loved how it came on, with May going after the Wurmple right after she heard that it could evolve into beautifly. That was funny! LOL. ^_^ Oh, and I loved all the scenes with May and Franklin. They were good together. And I liked how May caught Wurmple. That was cool! And I noticed that when Team Rocket was trying to steal May's wurmple later, they played this really dramatic new music. That was so cool! Oh, and I liked the part when Ash was training Pikachu, so it could use Iron Tail, and Forrester asked Ash for a double battle. That was cool! And I thought it was really interesting when Forrester was explaining about the double battles, and that they've have been used and accepted by the Houen league for a long time. And, of course, I really loved the double battle! :-D And it was great how Pikachu's Iron Tail actually worked! Yay! ^_^ And I thought it was gonna work the second time, too, but it didn't....oh well. I guess Pikachu still needs more training with it. Anyway, that last attack Treecko used, Pound, was really cool! And it was great that Ash won the double battle! :-D Oh, and when May came back with Franklin, I liked how they all looked at back and forth at both Forrester and Forrest a lot of times. That was funny! And when they were all getting ready to eat, and after May let out her Wurmple and Torchic, it was really funny when Wurmple ate all their food and then just went right to sleep. LOL. Oh, and I liked how Team Rocket were hanging on that branch at the end, and all of sudden there's a Wurmple, and Jessie throws her Pokeball at it and catches it. That was cool! But, how could she get on top of the branch to get the Pokeball if she was hanging there? Anyway, I also liked how Wobbuffet came out and made the branch break, and they all fell down. That was funny! And overall, this was a very good episode, except for those stupid dub names. But, we know how 4Kids is about doing things like that....lol.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Hitchi said:
Forrest and Forrester were the stupidest dub names ever. Were they that bad in the original? Maybe Forrest and Woody or something would've been more acceptable...

Their original names were Ichiroh and Jiroh (that h is supposed to represent a long vowel).

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
I agree with you, Hitchi. Those were weird dub names....and it's so great that they're keeping all that good music! And they played Advance Adventure twice in this episode!! That was so cool! :-D

They actually aren't keeping that much of the music. They usually keep the Team Rocket themes and about half the battle themes, but that's it. 4Kids still replaces a good 70% of an episode's music, which is a shame considering they used to not replace any of the music.

It's cool that the TR theme and Advance Adventure or whatever it is seem to be repeating, I agree. And I also agree that Forrest and Forrester were pretty dumb names. Isn't it odd that they both introduced themselves as Franklin?

Good episode overall though.

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom