• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP27: Gonna Rule the School! ・ EP28: The Winner By a Nosepass!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Kids' WB! is airing two new episodes this week, presumably to pimp the hell out of the new line-up that'll be starting next weekend (Static Shock and Astro Boy join, taking out the rerun airings of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon Advanced).

Japanese Episode 015: "Study! Pokemon Trainer's School!"
American Episode 015: "Gonna Rule the School!"

0306.jpg

Satoshi and the gang finally arrives in Kanazumi City, home of the first Houen Gym! Meet the Gym Leader Tsutsuji (Roxanne), watch Masato have his first battle, and feel nostalgic as Kojirou's trademark rose returns!!

And then later today...

Japanese Episode 016: "Rustboro Gym! Nosepass' Secret Weapon!"
American Episode 016: "The Winner by a Nosepass"

0313.jpg

The first real Gym battle commences! Can Satoshi defeat Tsutsuji's pokemon with just three pokemon of his own? And will all that Iron Tail training pay off?

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Also, please avoid posting spoilers for events that happen in future episodes since this isn't the Anime Spoilers forum.

Last edited:
"Gonna Rule The School" - I really loved the beginning of this episode, seeing Ash dressed like that! It was hilarious! ^_^ And I thought it was interesting that that one boy (forgot his name) was afraid to touch Pokemon, and they were able to help him near the end. And it was also interesting that they met the Gym Leader, Roxanne in this episode. I liked how she taught the kids, giving them lessons with Professor Oak on the video phone. That was cool! And I also liked how May ran off to go to the contest room. That was funny! And I liked the part where Ash and Brock were showing the kids their Pokemon, and Brock told Lotad to use Water Gun, and it used it on him. That was really funny! LOL. Oh, and I also liked the part where they showed us the battle room, cause I finally got to see a Typhlosion in the anime! And, it was really cool that Max took the beginner's class, and was able to use that Poliwag to battle! Although, it was a shame he didn't just use Water Gun. Anyway, I really liked how Max, that one guy with the Magby (forgot his name), and that girl with the Pidgey (forgot her name, too) worked together to get rid of Team Rocket. That was cool! And Roxanne's Geodude had a really strong Rollout attack! Overall, this episode was pretty good. Rating: 9 out of 10

"The Winner By A Nosepass" - I loved this episode! First of all, I liked how Ash was doing some last minute training to perfect Pikachu's Iron Tail attack, because it really showed the continuation. That was cool! And also, it was funny how they reacted when May said that she wanted to be a coordinater! LOL. But, anyway, it was really cool that, at the gym, they record all the gym battles so the students at the academy can watch them and learn from them. And I thought it was interesting that Max never got to watch any of his father's gym battles. Of course, I really loved how Ash used Treecko against Roxanne's Geodude. And it was cool how he used Pound when it got knocked up in the air like that! But, I figured it would take a lot more than that to make Geodude faint. And when Pikachu was going against it, I really liked how Pikachu first used Thunder to make Geodude lose control of its Rollout attack! That was cool! And I really liked how Pikachu's close range Thunder attack made Geodude faint! That was so cool! And when Pikachu went against Nosepass, that was awesome! And I liked how we got to see Rock Tomb used for the first time. That was cool! And it was also cool how Roxanne's Nosepass knew Thunder Wave. And I really loved Ash's strategy, and how he had Pikachu receive that one attack from Nosepass was really cool! And I loved how that paralyzed it! And finally, it was great how Pikachu was able to use Iron Tail again like that! It was really cool!! Overall, this was a great gym battle episode. Rating: 10 out of 10

Gonna Rule the School-
Kenny was the name of the Poké-phobic boy, Tommy had the Magby, and Anita was the girl. Anyone up for some Max and Anita shipping? ^.^

I loved the way Ash looked in the beginning! Unforetunately, I only got to see half a second of it. -_-' Does anyone have a pic? At first I thought some random guy walked up to them, and then I was like, "Oh, it's just Ashy-kun," XD

I think it was stupid how Max kept using Poliwag's defensive attacks. He should know to at least use one offensive. I mean, it was just really dumb.

I liked Roxanne muchly. I was really surprised Brock didn't have much of a reaction to her at all. Before, I never noticed that her hair ribbon was all one thing. It had a pretty green ston in the back! xD

Not too bad, but too many little kids. Rating: 8/10

A Winner by a Nosepass-
Very excellent first gym battle! I really liked how you didn't know who was actually going to win until the very end. Funny how Treecko didn't know any grass attacks. :p I didn't really realize until this epi that Ash had such good strategy. It makes me even more want to become a Pokémon trainer! Roxanne's competitive side was nice. She was tough but intelligent, and really cool!

Team Rocket's plan was funny. I loved how they were blasted all the way back through their own tunnel and never seen by Ash-tachi. Perfect timing with the shovel. I found it interesting how James cried "shovel!" to match the mouth flaps for what (I think) was "horu."

Very fun, rating: 10/10

I don't think it's a spoiler since it's inevitable anyway, but let me say that Treecko's problem of not knowing any Grass attacks will be resolved in a later episode. Saying anything more specific will spoil things, however, so I'll shut up now. :p

Re: Gonna Rule the School.

My *god*, but Ash's merchandising outfit was hideous. And was I seeing things, or was he wearing *earrings*?

And did Brock *not* flirt with Roxanne? My god, man, you're losing your touch! Come on, you're the Sam Malone of the teenage set! Heck, Brock didn't even seem impressed that Roxanne complimented his gym!

Roxanne has red eyes, mary janes, red tights, and a huge fan in her hair. Someone wanna tell me why?

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Re: Gonna Rule the School.

My *god*, but Ash's merchandising outfit was hideous. And was I seeing things, or was he wearing *earrings*?

And did Brock *not* flirt with Roxanne? My god, man, you're losing your touch! Come on, you're the Sam Malone of the teenage set! Heck, Brock didn't even seem impressed that Roxanne complimented his gym!

Roxanne has red eyes, mary janes, red tights, and a huge fan in her hair. Someone wanna tell me why?

He *didn't* go crazy over Roxanne? I mean, WTF? He went wild over that pink haired nurse in the eppi where Zubat evovled, who was uber-ugly, with evil plastic hair, but he didn't even react to Roxanne? Who is damn hot? Who is hotter than most of the girls Brock goes wild over? Idiot. -_-

Not only that, but she's smart too. Beautiful, and smart. *huggles Roxanne* ^_^

Maybe it's the red eyes.

Or maybe she's older than she looks. Remember, those people in their 20s were calling her teacher. And I know that she could *technically* teach people older than herself, at that school, it seems unlikely.

And today's ep...my *GOD* but Nosepass is hideous!

And yet another battle won by Deus Ex Machina. *sigh*

TR really thought they hadn't done that before? Have they forgotten Bugsy already?

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom