• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP45: Now That's Flower Power!

Masato

We want our money back!
Reaction score
Since nobody started a review thread for this episode yet I might as well make a thread for this episode.

Anyways, I liked this episode. It's the episode when Shuu appears. It also has some funny moments. For example, one funny moment is when Beautifly blows away a beach. Another is when Team Rocket does Wobbuffett's pose. I didn't like Mr. Big's voice though. Overall a good episode.

Rating: 10/10

This was a great episode, and its nice to hear Roselia's voice is the same in the dubb as it is in the original. I just hope Milotic sounds good next week. :-(

And who didn't love the music that was playing as Torchic heroically ran up the hill, and fell down, again and again and again as she tried to get the Bluk berries?

And I think I like Drew already more than Gary as a character (not that I dislike Gary). They did especially well in the scenes that solidified May's rivalry with him. It was quite powerful as they squared off after meeting on the beach, and Drew has the arrogant smirk down. He is far less outright mean than Gary was (back when Gary was really mean), and showed off his good side easily. His snootiness probably comes partly from him apparently being rich or from a high-class family, since he was staying at that really nice hotel with a reserved beach and all.

As for his relationship with May, there is more evidence I think that Drew likes May or at least has a lot of respect and admiration for her, than Gary did for Ash. For one they are far more equal as trainers. It wasn't until late Johto that Ash caught up with Gary in skill and power, and here May is able to injure Drew's Pokemon right off the bat. Anyway, any attraction becomes mroe apparent in future episodes, although I think it could well be just Drew's style (roses and all) and May's general "girliness," rather than an actual crush, though I haven't seen enough to really say. Regardless, I'll bet there are going to be a lot more people getting into the two of them having a relationship. ^_^

As for his voice, well it may not be the best but I like it more than Gary's. It's less scratchy. If the dubbers were going for a voice similar to Gary's but still easy to tell apart than I think they succeeded.

Uh, I'm just wondering, but did anyone ever post the "Just One Of The Geysers" and "Abandon Ship" thread?

Well, I'm way behind in my reviews, so I'll just post them anyway (all 4 of them). And, to make this easier for me, I'm only going to mention my favorite parts in the episodes (except for "Having A Wailord Of A Time", cause it was so good), and then give the ratings.

"Just One Of The Geysers" - Yay! Finally, Ash got to have his gym battle! And I loved this episode! It was pretty good! Anyway, my favorite part in it was when.....Ash ended the match by having Treecko get on that geyser, and then use Quick Attack (I think that was the last move it used). That was so cool!

Rating: 10 out of 10

"Abandon Ship" - I loved this episode too! And this episode was really funny! And my favorite parts in this episode were when almost everyone was hanging up there, when they went back and forth hitting each other like that (that was hilarious), and when that Swampert was gonna get Ash too, but Pikachu used Thunderbolt on it. That was cool!

Rating: 9 out of 10

"Now That's Flower Power" - This episode was good too! And May's rival, Drew, was pretty good! And I loved how May had a mock contest battle with Ash! That was so cool! And it was awesome that he won it! And I liked the part when that guy (forgot his name) asked Ash if he was competing in the contest. That was funny! Oh, and I also loved the part at the end, when they were watching the Pokemon fireworks. That was really cool! ^_^

Rating: 9 out of 10

"Having A Wailord Of A Time" - I really loved this episode! It was so good!! And it was really funny too! ^_^ Anyway, I had a lot of favorite parts in this one! And one of my favorite parts was in the beginning, when Ash mentioned how Pikachu wasn't really obedient with him right from the start. That was cool! And I also liked the part after Nurse Joy went to go help May with the Wailord, and Brock followed her saying something silly. Ash's line there was so funny, "Good greif....hope I'm never like that". LOL. Another part that I liked was when that Torchic beat all of those Pokemon when it was trying to get outside, including 3 of Ash's Pokemon! And I couldn't believe it was so strong, considering the fact that it was supposed to be a starter Pokemon. Anyway, I also liked the part after it evolved, and both Ash and Max yelled. That was so funny! And I really liked the part when the new trainer, Stephanie, came and couldn't decide which Pokemon to pick and Ash tried to persuade her not to get Torchic! And I loved all those good things Ash said about Mudkip and Treecko, and it was funny when he was saying all those bad things about Torchic! And I really loved it when he said that it smells like something you left in the fridge too long! That was so funny! LOL. ^_^ And I also liked the parts when Max was trying to stall May. That was funny too! And then, when May went in there and yelled at Ash, asking what was going on, Ash's face was so funny! And then Combusken came out, and everyone was like "Huh? Combusken?". LOL. And I loved how Ash and Max apologized to them. That was so sweet! And it was funny how they explained to them what had happened! And it was also funny when they noticed Wailord, which was being carried by Team Rocket, of course. Oh yeah, and I loved the part when Ash was going to attack them with Pikachu, but Combusken decided to use its Flamethrower (I think that's what it was). That was cool! Oh, and when it looked like Team Rocket was blasting off, and then they came back, that was so funny! LOL. And it was really cool when Ash finally blasted them off with Pikachu's Thunderbolt! Oh, and when Stephanie said that she wanted to be a great trainer like Ash, the expression on Ash's face was really funny! LOL. And also, the part at the end, when Stephanie chose Mudkip, made that Treecko so sad. And I felt so sorry for it, cause it had tears in its eyes! But, then, I was really glad that Stephanie's father wanted Treecko! That was so cool! And yay, both Mudkip and Treecko got a trainer! And then, I felt sorry for Combusken too. But, I was glad that Nurse Joy wanted to keep it there, so it could be a bodyguard. That was cool! Oh, and I loved the part at the very end, when Max was talking about his first Pokemon! That was cool too! And, overall, this was a really good episode! ^_^

Rating: 10 out of 10

Last edited:
I loved this quote:

Jessie: This couldn't have worked out better if we'd planned it!
James: If we'd planned it, it wouldn't have worked out at all!

I missed both episodes so I could watch Shaman King and Winx Club instead. I'll catch the repeats on Thursday and Friday.

I thought the episode was pretty good, not a bad as some of the dubbed epsiodes I've seen. I can safely say I like the name Shuu better though, then again I like the name Haruka better then May as well. I noticed their spending much less time on their names. Actually, I haven't watched the dub since they made Veronica Taylor the VA for May but I wanted to see what they did to Shuu and ended up watching this episode. *runs from the dub lovers*

*High fives jj948jj in agreeance over the Shuu/Drew thing*

And was I the only one who thought Drew's voice was really annoying? I really enjoyed the episode, but his voice was irritating to me. I like the character himself, however. He's a little stuck-up, but he seems interesting and you can tell he has a more compassionate side to him.

Just my two cents. *Skitters*

Well after hearing May's voice, I was pretty much ready for anything. *lol* I don't think Drew's voice is 1/2 as bad as hers.

...seeing the Boss with burnished gold hair and tiny fangs peeking out from behind black-stained lips fulfilled my horror quotient for the day. Of course, I laughed myself stupid, but I was still horrified.

Although...why did TR get beat up for swiping the berry? No one owned it, and all three parties involved could have gone off and found another one.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Although...why did TR get beat up for swiping the berry? No one owned it, and all three parties involved could have gone off and found another one.
The berries are rare, and May already had a claim on them, thus TR had no right to just up and take them in the middle of the battle. Saying she didn't own them is like saying it would be okay for someone to go and take from your hand gold you find in a stream no one owns. She and Drew were in a match and it had already been decided that whoever won the match, May would get the berries. All Drew wanted was to battle her first. ;-)

The best episode of Advanced Generation!!!! The first time I saw this in japanese I thought it was awesome. The animation is beautiful and their where a bunch of great visual jokes thrown in. The battle effects and all of roselia's poses had great animation. Shuu (I hate that dub name!! ><) is the coolest new character in AG. I love contestshipping, its so cute!! The only things I found annoying about the episode where the dub voices of Shuu and that fireworks guy. Shuu's japanese voice is much cooler and is easier on the ears. What's with calling the fireworks guy Mr. Big, wat kind of name is that o_O?? Anyway, this was still the best dubbed AG episode yet. 5 stars!!

So Hot!

Personally, I like both names, Drew or Shuu. But, I think that Drwe suits him the best. Then again, Hakura or May? I like the name Hakura better. Anyways, I saw every episode that had Shuu/Drew in it. It's like part of my brain is filled with everything about Shuu/Drew. I love him. He is so mysterious, he's a gentleman at some points, he's great at picking flowers, when he flips his hair it's so hot, he has the best Pokemon, and he is just SO hot and fine. I think I'm in LOVE!!!!

DrewLover said:
Personally, I like both names, Drew or Shuu. But, I think that Drwe suits him the best. Then again, Hakura or May? I like the name Hakura better. Anyways, I saw every episode that had Shuu/Drew in it. It's like part of my brain is filled with everything about Shuu/Drew. I love him. He is so mysterious, he's a gentleman at some points, he's great at picking flowers, when he flips his hair it's so hot, he has the best Pokemon, and he is just SO hot and fine. I think I'm in LOVE!!!!

OK, now I'm POSITIVE that the writers based Wakana's character off of real life Drew fangirls.

I wonder how Japanese girls view him, although judging by the anime and everywhere else, it's probably the same.

I really gotta stop posting in Drew threads. -_-

Yeah, and it's a really old Drew thread too.

LOL. XD

Anyway, this thread was for a Pokemon Advanced episode, lol.

I'm sure I could live knowing Wakana was based on me. *pinches her cheeks* <3

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom