• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP51: A Poké-BLOCK Party! ・ EP52: Watt's With Wattson?

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 39: "Sing! Pokemon Trick House"
American Episode 311: "A Pokéblock Party!"

0821.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
As the gang visits the Trick House, everyone's favorite little ball of pink fluff makes its Hoenn debut.

And then, later on...

Japanese Episode AG 40: "Mauville Gym! Wattson's Electric Shock Battle!"
American Episode 312: "Watt's with Wattson"

0828.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:30am ET
In the Pokémon Advance season finale, Ash faces off against Mauville City's Wattson for his third badge.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

There goes 4Kids with the screwing up of names again. They pronounced Raikou "Rai-koo". Plus Grovyle's voice is awful.

LOL, i just saw the episode a couple minutes ago. I thought something looked funny with Pikachu in the battle before they realized he was supercharged... That red line on his face. Overall, i think the episodes were pretty good!

first episode: Super cool. This episode had soo many great lines that its hard to remember them all, and you can't beat Jigglypuff and Whismur. The trick house guy had to be one of the funniest characters in the history of the show. It kind of sucks that none of the main characters won the contest though. May should have won, since she needs the pokeblock. anyway...I give it 4 stars

second episode: Dang it, I thought we finished with all that "Ash doesn't earn his badges" nonsense back in Indigo. This episode had some nice animation, cool gym designs (I love the rollercoaster ^^), Elecktrike had an awesome voice, and Team Rocket had a few good lines; but overall this episode just felt like Season one all over again, but not in a good way. What they should have done was have Ash beat Watson with Pikachu but NOT because the pokemon was supercharged, but simply because Ash had been training Pikachu a lot lately and it had become stronger. Then they could have had Ash come and convince Watson to not give up and train harder to become better. This episode gets 2 stars.

I thought it was kind of dumb the way 4kids worked in the phrase "Wardrobe malfunction" into Pokèblock Party. And Jigglypuff's return was good I kind of missed her. :040: I liked the second one because I love electric Pokèmon.

pikapal said:
I thought it was kind of dumb the way 4kids worked in the phrase "Wardrobe malfunction" into Pokèblock Party.

Why? It sounds like it would have been hilarious.

"A Poke-Block Party" - This was a pretty good episode! And I thought the trick house guy was really funny! All the traps he had we're funny too! And I loved the maze, the thing with the ropes, the log thing, and the part with the holes! They were all really cool! Although, I didn't like how Team Rocket kept interfering (sp?) with Ash and everyone winning the contest. Of course, I really loved how Jigglypuff came back! And it was great to hear it sing its song again and put everyone to sleep! LOL. Oh, and I thought it was so cool how Whismur could listen to Jigglypuff's song all the way through (because of its Soundproof ability)! But, one other thing I didn't like, besides Team Rocket's interferences, was that neither Ash or any of his friends won the contest. And even though I didn't like those 2 things about the episode, I still really enjoyed it. Overall, I think it was a hilarious and awesome episode.

Rating: 9 out of 10

"Watt's With Wattson?" - This was a really good episode! And I loved how they had to ride that rollercoaster to reach the gym! That was funny! LOL. And it was cool when that mechanical Raikou came from out of nowhere like that! Anyway, I thought it was really interesting how Ash's Pikachu defeated all of Wattson's Pokemon with just one attack! And since Pikachu's my favorite Pokemon, I thought it was really cool! ^_^ Although, I knew there had to be something wrong, cause there's no way that would actually happen, especially in a gym battle. Anyway, I really liked how, later, that wild Electrike just came up to Wattson like that! And it was so cute! I loved the part when it was showing Wattson that it could do Thunder Wave! And later, I thought it was really cool when Pikachu was using Iron Tail to get away from Team Rocket, and Electrike was using Bite! Of course, I loved the part where Ash was giving his badge back to Wattson! It was sad! And I really loved how Wattson said that he should keep the badge! That was so cool! And it was awesome that Wattson said once his Electrike got stronger, he wanted to have a battle with Ash! It would be really cool if they ever met up with Wattson again and Ash battled his Electrike! And overall, this was a great episode! I loved every bit of it!!!!! :-D

Rating: 10 out of 10

Last edited:
*violent eye twitching* I've got something to say about Watt's with Wattson.

Do they only have ten actors left in their studios?! They can't borrow some of FUNimations like they are with Sean Schemmel?! *points to Wattson* That was Dan Green! Who's already GOT a GL character under his belt! Not to mention Watt was Addie Blaustein! There are starving VAs out there, and they're doubling people up in episodes! *raging fire behind her* Have they no sense of freakin' originality?!

On the other hand, ^_^ Electrike's voice was so cool, with that metallic ring in its voice. It reminded me of Bass.EXE, which makes it okay in my book. And I'm not happy with the 'Raikoo' part either. It's 'kou'. Long o. Not to mention the title must be implying /something/. o_O Watt's with Wattson? "Watt is was Wattson" is what I see, they should've gotten a better, punless title.

Poke-block party... XDDD I heart King of Tricks. He was an awesome character. Kudos to Schemmel for making him funny. The episode overall wasn't bad. I /really/ liked the girl, whose name I just forgot, but it starts with an A. Her enthusiasm to see light of any....situation was appealing, in a light-hearted manner. And Jigglypuff found a friend! Sorta.

Yeah, I liked Electrike's voice too.

But for crackin' ice--that was the dumbest gym battle EVER! And I include the non-battle in the Viridian Gym in that statement!

And what is *with* Electric leaders and the military? Or was Wattson calling himself an 'old soldier' just as an image thing?

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
But, one other thing I didn't like, besides Team Rocket's interferences, was that neither Ash or any of his friends won the contest.
I dunno. To me, Ash and Co. not winning the contest seemed a little more realistic. (And maybe we have different tastes in humor, but my sides hurt when I was laughing at Team Rocket's interferences.)

And I love how May and Alanna kept laughing at each other when Jigglypuff doodled all over their faces! XD

Yeah, Team Rocket's interferences were funny. LOL.

You're right about that. ^_^

Although, I guess I didn't think of that when I was typing that review......

Anyway, I think what I meant to say was that Team Rocket's interferences were funny, but they did it too many times, and that's probably why I didn't like it.

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom