• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP42: A Shroomish Skirmish

I'm going to have to hear Grayson's Machop again. (Though if I remember correctly, I really didn't like it.)

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
I loved part when Ash wanted to battle the Breloom, but Brock wouldn't let him. That was funny! Although, I didn't really understand why Brock didn't want Ash to battle the Breloom, I mean, Ash was probably just gonna use his Torkoal to help calm down all the Breloom or something. Anyway, I really loved the part when Ash tried to actually fight all the Breloom himself. That was really funny! XD
Brock probably didn't want Ash to aggravate the situation. He pointed out that the Breloom were angry and confused. Battling them would thus only serve to anger them more, as well as make them really angry at those who had nothing to do with the theft of their apples. He didn't want innocents hurt. Not to mention how terribly powerfully the Breloom are.... He could have gotten far with Torkoal, but Torkoal is slow, and Brock didn't want to risk anything anyway. Then Ash pointed out that they couldn't keep running forever....
Yeah, that was really cute, though I'm surprised that he didn't get (noticeably) hurt.

I can't wait till some odd split-teaming happens, like Max ending up with Jessie or something.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't think of that, Kthleen....

Yeah, you're right about that.

And I'm also surprised that Ash didn't get hurt.

Sometimes it just seems like he's invincible.

LOL.

XD

And I agree, that would be really funny if Max ended up with Jessie somehow!!!!

XD

It was interesting how May ended up with Mudkip,
I missed a huge chunk of Hoenn, so I was wondering...Does May still have a problem with Water Pokémon?

I wasn't aware that she had a problem with Water-types instead of just Mudkip. I don't think she does now, anyway. Besides, this is Brock's peaceful, friendly, and mature Mudkip, not some widdle baby who doesn't even know not to spray at the one ordering the attacks (or random people... [pic from Serebii]).

I though the final battle was long enough, but according to Dogasu, there were 14 more seconds that were taken out! That's almost a fourth of a minute!

Last edited:
Pity, I had college orientation during this episode.

But, ironically, I saw it in Japan last year. :p I really enjoyed it. It was pretty funny.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom