• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP15: Absol-ute Disaster

Wow, I managed to typo a double negative into a triple negative. I'm an idiot.

To clear up: Yes, there ARE good episodes after the Orange Islands. But all of them tend to follow the cliches of the first two seasons.

This episode was a waste of 30 minutes in my opinion. They pronnounced Absol wrong, horrible voices for the random characters, and a bad storyline.

0.5/10

And the .5 is because they got the trainer's choice right.

...Umm, Dues and Don'ts, anyone?

Anyway, this ep was boring, save for the magically non-sequitur boss fantasy (which was actually rather boring too, by boss fantasy standards... it would have been MUCH funnier in chibi...) and Gordon, who is some of the finest one shot eye candy since Drake. Yum...

In regards to how Ash's voice sounding differently, more deeper, possibly hinting towards Veronica Taylor experimenting with his voice: She's going to be at a Collectormania expo over here in the UK next month, (One of my reasons for going: I want my Orange Island DVDs signed and a picture taken.) so I'll ask her myself then when she's signing.

That's cool, Alfonso!!!!!! ^_^

*wishes she could meet Veronica Taylor someday*

And by the way, if you get a chance, make a suggestion to her to not change Ash's voice. It's absolutely perfect the way it is.

Oh, and if you could, also tell her that Lisa Levenson said this (she'll know who I am, cause I sent her email and she replied back to me).

MistyIRC said:
Wow, I managed to typo a double negative into a triple negative. I'm an idiot.

To clear up: Yes, there ARE good episodes after the Orange Islands. But all of them tend to follow the cliches of the first two seasons.
LOL, on the triple negative, MistyIRC. XD

Anyway, okay, I think I know what you mean now.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:
Alfonso said:
In regards to how Ash's voice sounding differently, more deeper, possibly hinting towards Veronica Taylor experimenting with his voice: She's going to be at a Collectormania expo over here in the UK next month, (One of my reasons for going: I want my Orange Island DVDs signed and a picture taken.) so I'll ask her myself then when she's signing.

You should also ask her if she plans to continue voicing Ash and May in Season 9 and beyond. Hopefully she does.

I live in the Pacific time zone and Pokémon use to come on at 9AM, but now they moved it to 10 AM.

I didn't think the episode was horrific imo. Sure there were predictable parts in it, but most of the Pokemon episodes today are predictable because we understand the plot. :p One thing I did notice...I noticed that after the Trainer's Choice, they repeated a few seconds of the episode, such as to re-cap what happened before the break. In most of the episodes, they don't show us that, and just continue like before. But this time they retracked a bit to show us what happened. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't seem to remember any episode that re-tracked itself after the mid-break. *shrugs*

Anyway, the episode I would give 7/10 because it wasn't horrible, but wasn't the greatest either. :p

pikapal said:
I live in the Pacific time zone and Pokémon use to come on at 9AM, but now they moved it to 10 AM.
Oh, okay, pikapal.

So that explains it......

Thanks, I was wondering about that.

From when the Japanese title was first revealed:
Zeta said:
My best guess is that they're going to cutify it a bit - that is, Ash and company meet an Absol that everyone hates because it brings bad luck. But then everything is sorted out and people find that it's all just coincidence and a misunderstanding. So the Absol gets accepted and gets to play with the widdle kids and act all puppyish and happy.

Screenshot originally posted by Murgatroyd in Screenshot & Quote du jour:

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom