• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP20: Showdown At Linoone ・ EP21: Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut?

Scott85 said:
Does Meowth use that laser gun in any future episodes? It looked pretty cool.

No I think it was just a one off but it did look cool though. Just wondering where they got the money from for something so hi tech:uhoh:

Dogasu said:
Did the episode seem really zoomed-in for you guys? Like, it was so zoomed-in when I watched the Wynaut episode that the bottom half of TO BE CONTINUED... got chopped off.
It was fine for me. There was some space between the bottom of the screen and "To be continued...". I think it's your TV.

Scott85 said:
Just what WAS May doing with those Wynaut anyway? Looks like they were all rubbing their bodies together and enjoying themselves. :D
Sapphire: WYNAUT gather on moonlit nights to play by squeezing up against each other. By being squeezed, this POKEMON gains endurance and is trained to dole out powerful counterattacks.

V Faction said:
Evidently, they thought it to be more believable to have Meowth pull out the gun randomly than to give Pin Missile more strength on its own.
Yeah, really....

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
What was with Victreebel's screech on today's Trainer's Choice?

Why does Safeguard act like a shield on the show?
I managed to miss that part. What happened?

I wish I knew. It has me confused, too.
Hmm. Maybe it's because they thought it would be silly to have a Pokémon use a move that merely protects it from status effects when there are more pressing things to worry about. ("They can zap/poke/smash the hell out of us, but that doesn't matter because we're protected from paralysis/poison/what have you!")

Last edited:
Luna Tiger said:
Who, What, Where, When, Wynaut: Bah. Totally skipped it for TMNT, and personally, it's no skin off my back. Drew is so not one of my favorite characters. Makes me gag, that boy does.

I skipped it too so I could watch Ninja Turtles. Karai as the Shredder basically owned them and Splinter. Let's see how good she does against Leo.

Kthleen said:
I managed to miss that part. What happened?

I wish I knew. It has me confused, too.
Hmm. Maybe it's because they thought it would be silly to have a Pokémon use a move that merely protects it from status effects when there are more pressing things to worry about. ("They can zap/poke/smash the hell out of us, but that doesn't matter because we're protected from paralysis/poison/what have you!")
I'm generally okay with the Safeguard thing as long as it doesn't get too far out of hand. And besides, they've been using it like Protect for so long that it's pointless to try to hope for a change.

And Victreebel's voice.... Remember when Weezing didn't sound like Weezing at all in one of the TC's? Same thing here.

Showdown at Linoone: I really wasn't expecting much from this episode. I barely remembered it at all from when I watched it in japanese, so I expected it to be boring. boy was I surprised!!! I REALLY enjoyed this episode. The nimation was good, their were some funny jokes (Ash getting stepped on by MaY, the parents being in love scene), and I thought the story was sweet. Linoone and Zigzagoon also looked super cute in this episode. Made me want to have one! I also think that Lisa Ortiz did an awesome job as the voice of Kimmy (what kind of name is that for a guy?) I almost didn't recognize her ^^. 3 Stars

The Wynaut episode: Another episode that I didn't enjoy that much in Japanese, but ended up liking a lot in english. May and Drew's bantering was amusing, the animation during the ending battles was kicked up, and Wynaut are super cute. My favorite parts of the episode though were the scenes with Team Rocket searching for Wobuffet, they had some hilarious lines. 3 stars!

extra note: I must also say that, regardless of WHY WB skipped the next three episodes, it was still a totally idiotic move. Both of these episodes mentioned the next contest, and the Wynaut one was shoving foreshadowing down our throats, including mentioning that may HAS to win the next contest or she can't enter the festival. It's just beyond awkward to have these episodes and then suddenly skip so far ahead, and I'm sure even the general audience is going to notice something. *shoots WB*

I have a question about the Linoone one. Was the ring the parents found edited? It looked like it was altelerd. I like the Wynaut episode better than the one about the Linoone one.

Finally saw the Linoone episode. You guys notice how what the narrator says at the ends of the episodes is often kinda...generic? Well, I liked what he said for this one:

"Yes, Pokemon evolve, and their trainers grow older. But while everything changes, one thing remains true always: Friends can be friends forever, and even if they seem a little different, sometimes you have to look with your heart, and not your eyes."

No generic stuff about the experiences the group came away with and crap like that, just a nice closing statement. That should happen more often.

James: "I don't think folks will pay through the nose for a twerp."

XD XD I cracked up at that one.

LOL, Geodude.

XD

Yeah, I liked that line a lot too.

It was hilarious. XD

Anyway, here's my reviews for these two episodes.

"Showdown At Linoone"

This was a really good episode! I think my favorite part in this episode was when Linoone ran completely over Ash. And then May asked him why he was resting on the ground. Hehe, poor guy. XD I'd say that's another case of the writers doing funny things to Ash (lol). Anyway, that Linoone was pretty cool. It was cute, and I liked its voice. And I liked the character of the day, Kimmy. He was kinda cool too. Oh, and of course, I loved the fact that this episode actually showed some of the held Pokemon items, from the games. That was awesome! And also, I liked how Ash made that reference to Charizard. That line was great, and I'm glad they put it in there. ^^ Anyway, I pretty much knew it was gonna happen, but I'm glad that Kimmy and Tokin were good friends again at the end, that was sweet. Oh, and I also agree with Geodude about what the narrator said at the end, because I think that was beautiful. So, overall this was a very good episode, and it was a cool filler too.

Rating: 5 out of 5

"Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut"

This was a very interesting episode! It was cool to see what Mirage Island looks like in the anime (even though I haven't been there in the games yet). And of course, it was cool to see Drew again, even though I was expecting that because of the contest. It's been a while since we last saw him. Oh, and this is yet another episode where the group gets seperated because of Team Rocket (well, kinda seperated, anyway). I always love episodes like that. They usually end up pretty funny. XD But, this particular episode wasn't really funny though, except for some of the scenes with Team Rocket and also that one scene with Kimmy's parents (lol). This episode was actually more dramatic, and that's a good thing. It's always good to see what happens to the characters in a dramatic situation, and this time it was May and Drew. And I noticed one thing, while they might not get along too well at contests, they sure made a great team in this episode. Oh, and I guess my favorite part in this one was when all of the Wynaut went on top of each other and used Safeguard, which blocked Meowth's strong ray gun attack (which came out of no where, lol). I think the writers probably just threw that one in there for fun. XD Anyway, I thought the part at the end with May and Drew getting into it again was pretty funny. And overall, this was a really good episode, it was mostly very dramatic, but still kinda funny at times too.

Rating: 5 out of 5

And by the way, in my opinion, I liked the first episode a lot better, since it seemed to have more Ash in it. XD

But, that kinda makes me biased, so most of the time I don't let it effect my ratings any.

I got lazy and didn't review for the last few months, but I will try to make up for all the late reviews. (Currently watching AG161 XD)

AG112-It was a nice episode, showing some held items from the games was nice and the "Ash Getting Flattened" scene was nice too. The friendship between Kimmy and Token was nice and I thought that Token being able to use Thunderbolt and Waterpulse is cool too. 9/10

AG113-Being an AdvanceShipper, I am very biased and I can't say that I liked the episode. But, I thought that the whole story was nice and showing off the Mirage Island was a cool idea. 8/10

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom