• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP25: Berry, Berry Interesting ・ EP26: Less is Morrison

The edit with the sandwitch does not even look like an edit. There is just no way. 4Kids has probably asked the Japanese to draw sandwitches/whatever for them instead of the egg role thingies for now on.

Heh, looks like the May/Drew fans were taken down a couple of notches with this episode.
*falls out of chair laughing*

Oh, yes. We're wetting ourselves.

Water Pokémon Master said:
The edit with the sandwitch does not even look like an edit. There is just no way. 4Kids has probably asked the Japanese to draw sandwitches/whatever for them instead of the egg role thingies for now on.

No, this was all done by 4Kids' digital paint artists. They've just gotten a lot better since the first season, that's all.

Heh...they like making pointless edits, but at least they're good at it.

The cracker did make sense in a way.

I stick by my "Munchlax ate them all before 4Kids could do their take" theory.

Berry, Berry Interesting: that took me back ... I remember the old days when Misty or someone would cook and it'd suck but Jesse would love it... :D

Less is Morrison: dude reminded me of Yajirobe. dunno why. it was very cool to watch their race end up in a ditch.

Jo-Jo said:
*falls out of chair laughing*

Oh, yes. We're wetting ourselves.

Jo-Jo, I'd be careful with your wording or else you could say something that could potentially be a turn on. ;)

Geodude said:
Heh...they like making pointless edits, but at least they're good at it.

I agree, the sandwich and cracker looked like they belonged there. If I didn't know better, I would have never known they were edited. 4kids does a good job with that at least.

What? I don't understand how any of you could think that sandwich didn't look like a possible edit. Even if I hadn't seen this episode a year ago, it was still horribly blatant. Especially considering that they were just resizing the same picture in every scene. Same goes for the cracker.

He sounds like a cross between dub Goku (from Dragon Ball Z) with a cold and Cartman from South Park.

And what's wrong with his Japanese voice? Also, would it be wrong to assume you hate Goku's voice in the Japanese version of DBZ as well?

He sounds like Cartman? Aww man, that means they tried to dub him 'accurately'. Usually I'm all for that, of course, but not when 'accurately' means that their voice inspires rashes.

Morrison bugged the crap out of me.

The boss fantasy was priceless, though. Anytime my mom gets more weirded out by one of those (Gio's bulging eyes) than me is a good thing.

"Berry, Berry, Interesting"

This was a very good episode! Hehe, poor Ash, he actually ate a Tomatto Berry (spelling?). XD It was kinda funny how his voice kinda changed like that, cause his lips were swolen. LOL. Anyway, I was glad that getting hit by Snorunt's Ice Beam made his lips go back to normal. ^^ It would've been really weird if they had kept him like that for the whole episode, so I'm glad they didn't do that. Anyway, that was funny how Brock and Max didn't like May's Purple Surprise, and neither did her Pokemon. Their reactions were hilarious! It must've tasted really bad or something. XD Although, I'm glad that they remembered about the Pokeblock that Professor Oak first made. May's Pink Surprise really made Munchlax full, lol. Anyway, later on in the episode when May finally caught Munchlax, I'm gonna have to agree with Ash as well, that WAS a weird catch! And overall, this was a pretty good episode, it was very funny, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Rating: 5 out of 5

"Less Is Morrison"

Oh, wow, I loved this episode! And I don't know about everyone else, but I don't let edits (even the weird ones 4Kids makes) ruin a Pokemon episode for me, so I don't let them get to me. Anyway, I think Morrison's voice was pretty good, and that it suited him well. He was cool. And I love how he and Ash wanted to compete in EVERYTHING! That was so funny! XD My favorite parts were, when they were racing to the Pokemon Center and when they were having that competition in the hot tub to see who could stay in there the longest. That was hilarious! And I also liked the part when Ash was laying on that tree branch, and he fell off the tree and was caught by Beldum. Hehe, poor Ash, everything happens to him. XD And also, I liked the part when he and Morrison were laying in the hammocks, and Morrison said that Ash was stubborn, lol. It was cool how Morrison mentioned that they were surrounded by all kinds of friends out there. Anyway, another funny part in this episode was when Ash and Morrison ran right into that tree, and they each got half of the apple. I liked that! And later, I thought it was really cool how they both managed to get out of Team Rocket's cage without using any of their Pokemon! That was awesome! And it was pretty funny when they went on top of Team Rocket's balloon and bit its ears to send it crashing down like that. XD It was cool how they thought of that. And finally, I loved how Ash and Morrison both used Take Down attack, to help free their Pokemon. Do you think that attack hurt them, cause it's supposed to hit you back with recoil? Anyway though, overall, this was a really good episode, it was very funny, and it was nostalgic for me too, because it reminded me a lot of the rivalry between Ash and Gary.

Rating: 5 out of 5

*thinks she should cut down on the number of 5 out of 5's she gives out* XD

AG117-I loved the scenes with the Tamato Berries and it is pretty interesting that May caught a Munchlax, making me wonder how the writers will use the new gluttonous addition. All the Pokemon except for Munchlax disliking "May's Purple Surprise" was pretty funny too. 9/10

AG118-This episode was the one that introduced one of my favourite rivals, Morrison. I loved his Japanese clothes, along with a voice that suits him well. The sandwich edit was dumb as usual, but I had to love Morrison's personality and all the bickering he does with Ash. 9/10

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom