• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP33: Saved by the Beldum ・ EP34: From Brags to Riches

We also learn of Meowth's in Boot's Past, see Masamune's team, and have the animated debut of Tropius!

Also cool double battling, and the intro of Boss-Man!!

Boss Man voice predictions anyone?

The rice ball will become a sandwich. But then, they'll also edit Glalie to reflect this. It'll become Classified as the "Hoagie Pokemon," and will be reflected to look as such.

Also, Tyson has a tiny Metagross.

"Speaking of big, I wonder where Morrison is?" - for the win of the series. Booyah.

.....*squee* Tyson's VAed by Marc Darison. KYA!

And the dreadlock kid....I'm torn between loving how's he's acted and hating his personality. VERY much torn. *_* Marc Thompson, you're so bloody awesome. *tries to contain her inevitable fangirling*

......Dude. Ghost moves don't hit normal types. Can't they kep that bit true to the games? ;_;

On the flipside, I think they were lacking in the VAs. *eye tick* Both male opponents are VAed by Thompson (and the second one who's name I missed was done rather blandly), Morrison and Ash's judge is Darison, and Tyson's judge was Sean Schemmel (who's also Morrison). ....And Vivica was what's her face-- Lisa Ortiz, I suspect, but that's rather moot.

No actual rating.

And as always, second episode is skipped in favor of TMNT.

So, Morrison's first opponent in the league games was Usopp?

Luna Tiger said:
......Dude. Ghost moves don't hit normal types. Can't they kep that bit true to the games? ;_;
Silly! The Shadow Ball pushed Meowth-in-Boots into the stadium wall and that's what caused the damage! ^_^

....Yeah, I don't know what kind of screwed up logic they use either.

EDIT: Best TR Intro EVAR!

Barb said:
So, Morrison's first opponent in the league games was Usopp?

Yes. That's exactly what I thought when I saw him, right down to the urge to punch him in the face.

Hehe, TR's Meowth actually called the other one "Meowth in boots" in the episode. :D

I was hoping 4kids would have someone say that at least once.

Morrison sounds like King Kai from the first dub of Dragon Ball Z. (First time I've seen him because I watch TMNT at 10:30.) And it got real annoying listening to him for two episodes.

And then we have the son of the Coolaid Pitcher Boss-Man.

The league is on we're on a Hurricane tour. Hard to believe this will all be over by the end of this month.

The Boss' voice in this one was done by Dan Green. It's easy to tell because he uses his "Angry Knuckles" tone.

"Jump", the guy with the Electabuzz was hillarious. "Okay Okay Okay!".

Great music, and TR rules!

And Tyson is Zolo's voice!

Alot of the Pokemon either kept their japanese voices or had new ones. Marowak sounded good, but Machamp dounded weird.

The electabuzz trainer sounded like Billy from "The Grim Advetures of Bill and Mandy" lol.

First episode: I liked this episode alot, I find Morrison to be very amusing, and it was great to see both Morrison and Tyson's battles, as well as Ash's. I love that Hoenn league doesn;t just focuse on Ash. All three battles were pretty good, and had great animation. I liked hearing about Tyson's Meowth's past. I also thought Ash's battle with the Hitmonlee was great. It's nice to see Ash actully own an opponent once in a while instead of the usual "opponent has the upper hand until Ash makes a comeback" formula (which we see in the second episode). That hitmonlee only hit Pikachu once, and even then the hit was weakened because the damage that Hitmonlee recieved when Pikachu dodged Hi-jump kick. A great episode. 4 stars

Second episode: -_-, Ash and Morrison's arguing got on my nerves. They were acting like 5 year olds. Can't Ash have a mature rivalry?? I think the animation quality visibly fell in this episode compared to the last. The two battles were decent, but not spectacular, and I think Morrison's might have been a little more interesting than Ash's. Team Rocket was humorous though, it was great how they got interrupted by their boss right in the middle of attacking Ash. 3 stars

BardicLasher said:
Yes. That's exactly what I thought when I saw him, right down to the urge to punch him in the face.

Whaaa? Usopp's the best character in One Piece!

His dub voice is horrible though!

And personally, Jump (did he have a english name) looks more like Yasopp.

BTW, was Morrison from Verdanturf in the original? Thier goes my fanfic idea if so...

Good, he shall remain Jump now!

BTW, they sure gave weird names for the minor characters towns they came from. Anyone catch them, that Muslce guy sounded like it said Guam City.

I wonder how the'll handle Harry Potter in next weeks episode?

Yeah, Usopp is way to overacted in the dub. And then Jet the Hawk in sonic riders gets his voice....

Check out my avatar! It's freakin Jump!

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom