• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP33: Saved by the Beldum ・ EP34: From Brags to Riches

Seriously. Is it just me.. Or was that NOT the Tropius voice you'd think it would have? O__o; In Jirachi Wishmaker and the Trainer's Choice and had a sound as if it were "schew"ing. o_O;

We really do need more glasses characters though. It makes it a big pain for me when I'm trying to find subjects for cosplay.

"I didn't know Domino wore glasses"- Random person at GenCon, to me.

Sebastian and Buson both wear glasses though. I don't know if Buson's shades serve any purpose other than being a Fonz-like statement, but he wears them the entire Raikou special, so I figured I'd count him.

Yeah, I agree, Nekusagi-chan.

We definitely need more characters with glasses.

For some reason, that's one type of character that the show seems to lack (although, with the games, it's like the exact opposite, lol).

Anyway, here's my reviews of both episodes.

"Saved By The Beldum"

Very good episode!! I loved how it showed everyone's preliminary matches, Tyson's, Morrison's, and Ash's. That was awesome! And it was really cool how Morrison's Beldum evolved during the battle like that. I wasn't expecting that to happen. Although, now that I think about it, it makes sense that they did that, cause now they've shown all 3 forms of that Pokemon evolution chain in the anime - Beldum, Metang, and Metagross. Also, I thought it was cool to see Tyson's Meowth beat that Persian. That was a great battle. And I also thought that flashback about Tyson's Meowth was interesting. I felt sorry for his Meowth though, after hearing that sad story. Anyway, I thought everyone's battles in this episode were pretty good, especially Ash's battle. I loved seeing Pikachu battle Hitmonlee, and win like that! Wow, that was so cool! And I guess that pretty much covers this episode. So overall, this was a very exciting start for Ash in the Hoenn League.

Rating: 5 out 5

"From Brags To Riches"

Another great episode!! First off, Morrison's double battle was very good (I forgot who he fought against though, lol). Anyway, after his battle was over and Ash was running to have his match, I wasn't expecting him to fall in a hole right then. XD Although, I loved Ash line after he fell, "Ow ow ow ow ow, right on my head". Aww, poor Ash. It seems like Team Rocket's up to their old tricks again (lol). And also the writers keep having you get hurt for no reason. Although, I've gotta admit, it was hilarious how Boss Man interrupted Team Rocket and they didn't get to do anything else to Ash! Yay! XD And of course, I think the best part of this episode was definitely Ash's battle against the guy with the Tropius and Swalot (sorry, forgot his name). It was kind of a shame when Ash had Torkoal use Overheat the first time, and it missed Tropius, cause I would've loved to have seen it get almost knocked out from that attack. That would've been cool. Oh well. Anyway though, that guy's Tropius was really strong. And I was surprised that both Tropius and Torkoal fainted from those 2 attacks colliding like that. That was interesting. Oh, and also, it seemed hopeless at first how Ash was left with only Corphish, and then its attacks didn't seem to do anything at all against that Swalot. Although, that was a great strategy Ash came up with! I mean, he saw that Corphish can take those Shock Wave attacks pretty well, even though it's a Water type (that's amazing!). So I guess after launching that Crabhammer attack, he got an idea of how to win. And that was really cool, having Corphish go in close to Swalot like that, and then aim a Bubblebeam in its mouth! That was awesome! Oh yeah, and I forgot to say, I liked how Ash's opponent said "Thank you, Ash", when he thought he was gonna win. That was funny. XD And so overall, this was a very good episode, and some parts of it were really funny too.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Rocketshipper said:
The electabuzz trainer sounded like Billy from "The Grim Advetures of Bill and Mandy" lol.
LOL, Rocketshipper.

XD

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing actually, when I first heard that guy's voice.

Luna Tiger said:
"Speaking of big, I wonder where Morrison is?" - for the win of the series. Booyah.
LOL, Luna Tiger.

XD

Hehe......

Yeah, I loved it when Ash said that line in "Saved By The Beldum"!! ^^

That line really had me laughing for a while, lol. XD

And come to think of it, I guess I didn't think 4Kids would put a line like that in there either......

Wow, who knew?

That one surprised me, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
It said Gavin was from Ganga Town, wherever that is.

Ganga Island is the Japanese name of the island in "Training Wrecks." They say "Ganga Island" in the Japanese version (Ganga Tou) but change it to Ganga Town in the dub. Even though it should be "Muscle Island."

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom