• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S08 EP37: Choose It or Lose It! ・ EP38: At the End of the Fray

The brock Hyper Beam/Solarbeam mistake bugs me, becuase it could have been one of two things, an error in the script (stupid 4kids) or it was just misread (more understandable). Anyway, I really wasn't too impressed with this league championship, The best battles had to the be Ash/katie, and Ash/Tyson, but besides that this hasn't been too good. Overall a decent two episodes.

Woo! So we come to the end of the Hoenn league and it's a thrill all the way. The Tyson match wasn't terribly interesting, but overall this was the best league the writers ever did.

The Kanto league was poor because of Krabby's uber status, the rushed middle battles, and because of Richie and Ash's stupid loss.

The Johto league was pretty good, although Harrison/Gary were rushed.

The Hoenn league had a mediorce Tyson match, but all the other battles were fantastic. It's great to see the writers improving each league from the last.

Since this concludes the end of the Hoenn Saga, I just have to say that I really enjoyed it. Great episodes, great battles, lots of changes, the polka-o-doka, and Hoso Specials!

"Choose It or Lose It"

I LOVED this episode! It was really, really good! The battle between Ash and Morrison was absolutely amazing. And I loved how Ash got Morrison out of that 'I'm too afraid to attack you' phase. He knew just the right thing to say to get him to snap out of it. Anyway, as I said, this battle was amazing. Of course, my favorite part of this episode, was the last part of the battle when Ash figured out his winning strategy (I love his strategies!). That was so cool! And overall, this was a very good episode, and it was an awesome battle as well.

Rating: 5 out of 5

"At the End of the Fray"

Another great episode! This was also a very good episode! And both Ash and Tyson seemed to be pretty evenly matched up. That's one of the things that made this such a great battle. They each had really strong Pokemon, and you couldn't tell who was gonna win. So it really could've gone either way. I liked that! And also, I was really impressed that Tyson's Metagross took down so many of Ash's Pokemon. Although, I felt bad for Ash, of course. But, when he finally took that thing down, I was really glad. ^^ Anyway though, I really enjoyed the match between Pikachu and Meowth-In-Boots! It was soooooo good! In fact, the way those two were so evenly matched in terms of amazing power, it reminded me when Charizard was up against Blaziken in Ash's battle against Harrison. It seems like the writers either wanted to remind us of that battle (nostalgia's great!), or they just did basically the same thing that they did with the Silver Conference (repetition, not so great). And naturally, I did feel sad that Ash lost the battle since I'd always like him to continue winning battles, and actually win a league. But, it was cool that Tyson not only won that battle, but also went on to win the Hoenn League as well. Wow, I wasn't expecting that to happen! Heh, for once a character-of-the-day didn't win the league! XD And overall, this was a very good episode, and it's what made me like the Hoenn League so much.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom