• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP35: An Elite Meet and Greet!

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Today's new episode is called "An Elite Meet and Greet".

And I'm excited!

This should be a really good episode because Cynthia appears! ^_^

Lucien actually. Cynthia only has a non-speaking cameo.

And Bronzong.

Ah, you beat me to it, Lisa!

Oh well, I'm looking forward to this episode.

Lucian sounds a little "deep" to me. The writers really are leading up to Ash vs The Elite 4. This is the first time they've ever mentioned ALL of the Elites. Hopefully Ash's team will be good by then, and we can see him face the Elite 4 and maybe Cynthia.

If pitched to a certain point Lucian's voice will sound just like Roark.

And am I the only one who thinks Buizel looks so adorable when it's emo and angsty?

Eh. Also, Croagunk and Buizel facing off was unintentionally humorous. And EmoBuizel lol. It even makes this face. :<

Dear God Meowth. Giovanni will use Bronzong to kick people's asses. Has he forgotten Pokemon actually battle?

Lucian does sound a little deep but it works.

Yay for Jailbait's Theme!

I wonder who will face an Elite 4 member next? Ash might not battle them unless he wins the Sinnoh League. Dawn faced Lucian and Paul faced Cynthia, Brock might face Flint the way things are going.

Very interesting ep. Yeah, Lucian didn't sound like what I expected, but I got used to it very quickly. This is perhaps the only time besides in one of the movies where I actually felt sad for someone, but I was also wanting Bui to pull himself together. Kudos to the dubbers for pulling that off.

Here's a surprising bit of news. Lucian's VA is David Lapkin, who was also on 4Kids' other shows. He voiced one of the mart shopkeepers in Kirby, the president's right hand guy on Sonic X, and I think he was the candy bar salesman in the Jirachi movie. Not really any big roles, but his voice is definitely recognizable. I thought is sounded similar while watching him, and now I see why.

Very interesting ep. Yeah, Lucian didn't sound like what I expected, but I got used to it very quickly. This is perhaps the only time besides in one of the movies where I actually felt sad for someone, but I was also wanting Bui to pull himself together. Kudos to the dubbers for pulling that off.
Well, Buizel's voice is still from the original Japanese version. So I'd expect that the Japanese voice actors are the ones you should thank.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about Buizel's voice. I was talking about the atmosphere of the situation. You are right, though, I do not know the raw, so I don't know how it was presented there.

The music they kept (Dawn's Theme-Symphony Version I think) also helped.

Then I guess it's been a long time since the anime has been that serious. It was still good.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom