• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP36: A Secret Sphere of Influence!

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Today, Ash and his friends learn about the legend surrounding the Pokemon of time and space! Dialga and Palkia!

And that's all I know about it. XD

Anyway, this should be a very good episode.

It sounds interesting!! ^_^

EDIT: Is it just me....or does this episode sound differently, regarding all the voices in general? I wonder if TAJ improved the quality of the voice acting overall, by doing something?

Seriously, everyone seems to be giving outstanding performances this time!

And Sarah's Ash is....amazing in this episode! ^_^

For a minute there, I thought I was listenting to Veronica's Ash! XD

Last edited:
"OBJECTION!!!"

All that's needed was a finger pointing and it would have made the episode =P

<3 I love that moment. Don't forget the big OBJECTION symbol too...

-"Viridian City... The sure brings me back!" I was hoping he was gonna ramble about his olden days dub-added or not. ...He did not. That made me sad.

-"...the proud integrity of our police force..." Where was it whenever TR and Hunter J randomly invades?

-The Pikachu - Piplup conversation. "TR: RAWR EBIL; Ash: Buh?"

-Dawn reads? ...Like whoa. It's not like I think she's stupid or anything but I don't think she's the type to read historical books about Sinnoh myths managing to remember pieces of info from it.

That line just now....

Wow, I just can't believe how much Sarah has improved since the last episode.

Ash: "That's it! Don't let them get away!"

That line actually had A lOT of emotion in it! I was very pleased to hear that! ^_^

Wow, the piano music being played for Jenny's arrival is completely ill-suited to the scene, up until the time Jesse attacks.

What's with the male officer's voice? It sounds like he has a head cold.

Gardenia's acting still sucks.

Does Nando's theme remind anyone else of Legend of Zelda, or is that just me? And his "song" is just pathetic. For a bard, he sure can't sing.

The way Ash says "You and him?" and how everyone looks shocked makes it look like Gardenia just announced that they were a couple or something.

Jenny thinks GLs need to be in their gyms all the time? Man, Kanto would disappoint her like crazy.

"Objection!" ...um...need I say more?

"The" Officer Jenny from Viridian City? There's supposed to be two of them, unless the other was just wearing the SAME SYMBOL AT THE SAME TIME as the "real" one.

"But I need to be in one piece!" You know if 4Kids was still dubbing, people would jump on that line like crazy.

Wow, repeated animation from the INTRO.

"You've been with Nando, right?" "Eep! (*blush*)" ...huh, maybe they ARE a couple...

"Yes dear..." Shame it had to come in the midst of an arguement.

"Beautiful Jennys, best of friends..." Yeah, you know what HE'S thinking.

Come on, Brock...if Team Rocket had been hired by OTHER ROCKETS, do you think they would have been so secretive about who hired them? You should know them by now!

Was TR's thief outfits parodying something or is it just another flashy costume never to be seen again?

That was a good ep. Jenny objection, references to the Sinnoh myths and Movie 10, TR getting beaten by skunk smell.

Saturn cameo was somewhat dissappointing, since it was so brief. And knowing Team Galactic isn't in the next 20 episodes makes it that much harder.

Yep. I was wondering since last week how that Stunky's attacks were going to look. I know, I could've just watched the Japanese version. But why bother? I was raised on this dub.

YAY! Nando's awesome!

Now that I think about it, I really wanted to see a flashback of the Viridian City Jenny showing Ash how to use his Pokédex.

And isn't Stunky one of the Pokémon that Team Galactic usually use? I expected the Eterna Jenny to be a Galactic Agent in disguise. Oh well. Saturn's debut was enough to keep me satisfied....for now. Never know what I'll want next.

Does Nando's theme remind anyone else of Legend of Zelda, or is that just me? And his "song" is just pathetic. For a bard, he sure can't sing.
That's because he's a rip on Naginyo.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "ponch" gag. It looked more like a beer gut to me though you can't mention beer guts on morning cartoons.

This was a funny episode with enough sight gags and antics to keep you entertained for the half hour.

It seemed like the episode picked up really quick. We had Nando, Gardenia, Jenny, Jenny from Viridian in like the first 3 minutes. Sarah was on her A Game today, and I hope she keeps it up, even though I like her "B+" performances.

I loved the episode.

Jesse looked nice in her thief outfit <3 as did Viridian Jenny in her casuals.

and yeah, they really shouldn't have teased Team G in this episode with no plans to follow up on them anytime soon.

This ep also came off to me as a Movie 10 promo...

Props:
*TEAM GALACTIC!!! Wheee!!! I wonder where we will see them again.
* Gangsta Jenny rocked.
* Sinnoh myths > All other myths.
* Nando was pretty cool here.

Slops:
*Aren't all police officers supposed to be female?
*The Adamant Orb seemed more like a crystal than an orb.
* Team Rocket is taking commisions?
*Gardenia was stupid.

All in all, a great ep. I hope we see more of Dialga, Palkia, The Lake Trio, Arceus, and Team Galactic soon.

What Pokemon has no right to have male police? D: In the games old and new there were clearly regular police officers but they are on the same squad or branch often with the Officer Jennys. (Like I think Red/Blue and Diamond/Pearl don't even have Officer Jennys)

Actually, I remember seeing the male police before. I think they were previously shown during the Whirl Cup competition in Master Quest. I forgot which episode it was, though. XD

Anyway, this was a really good episode overall.

It had great characters, Nando, Gardenia, two Jenny's, and an appearence by Team Galactic. That's awesome!! ^_^

It was also funny to see Team Rocket try stealing an object like regular thieves again. XD

And I loved the cute scene with Piplup and Pikachu, and how Pikachu wanted to go and get Ash for help. Aww, how sweet! That sounds like a small Pikashipping hint to me! :-D

The BGM was good in this episode. I liked how they used some music from 4Kids....

And of course, like I mentioned, all the voices seemed great. I'm mention again that I was pretty blown away by how much Sarah has improved since last Saturday's episode. Bravo, Sarah! *applauds*

Now let's see if she can keep Ash's voice the way it is now, or if it'll go back the way it was in last week's episode. XD

If her Ash voice sounds like this in the gym battle episode, I will definitely enjoy that episode more than the one where Ash battled Roark!! ^_^

With her acting, Sarah seems to be using the right amount of emotion in all of her lines, finally.

Now all she has to do is work on the voice itself, and I probably won't be cringing at Sarah's Ash lines anymore. XD

So, in order to meet my expectations, Sarah just needs to keep the voice consistent from episode-to-episode, and make sure it stays the way it is now (and not have it go back to sounding worse, as in, not as emotional).

-"Viridian City... The sure brings me back!"
That was a great line!

And I loved how Ash was remembering Viridian City!

He was probably thinking about the time he first started his journey, and when he was at the Viridian Pokemon Center waiting for Pikachu to recover. ^^

Now that I think about it, I really wanted to see a flashback of the Viridian City Jenny showing Ash how to use his Pokédex.
Me too!!

It's a shame they didn't show a flashback. :-(

I felt they needed to have at least a short one there.

Oh well, the writers never think of everything. ^^;

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom