• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP41: A Stand-Up Sit-Down!

NoodleChefKyle

BackwardsMan, huh?
Reaction score
509.jpg

Dawn learns about Contest Double Performances from Zoey and decides to practice up. Simple, right?

*thinks this should've been in the main anime forum since it premiered today*

I missed the first 10 minutes of the episode. I thought it was a good episode, and it really shows the potential that Buizel had for contests. Too bad we'll never find out if it would do well now since it'll be traded.

I know, I blame myself for that. I didn't realize where I put this til I posted it. But I'm not a mod, so I couldn't do jack!

Anyway, I like Zoey's Shellos. Too bad it's so shy around boys. And I had no idea that its neck could stretch like that.

YAY!!! IT'S MARINA!! A shame that she doesn't actually say anything, but that appeal with Jigglypuff and Feraligatr looked so damn cool!

Is it me, or are people reluctant to comment on the episode today?

Typically, a thread like this goes up before the episode even airs...and by now would have 10-15 posts.

Despite being effectively a contest episode, there was some awesome battling. I especially loved Pikachu and Buizel's titanic collision. It further proves just how much of a bruiser Buizel is.

Though, I'd like to know why Jessie stood there like a sitting duck when Glameow was coming in for the finishing blow. Isn't there some attack she could pull off to counter?

Typically, a thread like this goes up before the episode even airs...and by now would have 10-15 posts.

I know! I realized this halfway through the episode. It saddens me. Especially since it was so great too!

It is really wierd to see Dawn talk about perfecting that Ice appeal with Buizel when we now know she trades it 20 episodes later...

Can we chalk this up to another plotline by the writers that went absolutely nowhere? This entire episode seems to have been retconned by an extent due to the trade.

But aside from that, this is a good episode. The attacks are so much more impressive in D/P, you can see the real power behind them, it really goes to show you have much more interesting the battles have gotten since Season 1.

The Marina cameo was pretty lame, to be honest, the writers should NOT have made her a coordinator. What's the point in making three videogame heroines from the games all into coordinators?

Because anime = sexist?

Is this the episode where Nozomi hurts her knee but is able to run around and jump around at the end of the episode? Or am I mis-remembering things?

The Marina cameo was pretty lame, to be honest, the writers should NOT have made her a coordinator. What's the point in making three videogame heroines from the games all into coordinators?
Sadly, it fits her personality to be one. She did want to be famous.

I liked this episode, but what annoys me is that Ash suddenly got creative with his 'contest training'. I realize that he's been watching contests for quite a while now, but suddenly having a knack for it?

It reeks of promoting as Ash being capable of anything. 8D I hate that~

And didn't Zoey already know Dawn was Johanna's daughter? Or am I confusing that with people having talked about Zoey's initial appearance with Glameow? Because she seemed surprised, and I though she already knew. *shrug*

But I liked this episode. ....Though the way they said 'Shellos' threw me off. I always thought it was "Shel-loss", not "Shel-lus". Zoey was saying it too quietly, but she was saying it really strangely.

Well you see, Zoey seems to garner much hate for some reason. :<

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. Kinda sad how Jessie was more capable at double battling than Dawn was.

This episode was pretty good. The battles had some great animation. But it is annoying that the ice beam thing never goes anywhere (stupid trade -_-. *kicks it*)

I can't see how Zoey can be critical of Ash being in contests after this. He had some great combinations during that battle.

Does Sarah do the voice of Zoey too? For some reason she sounded a lot like Ash in this episode, so I was wondering.

Well you see, Zoey seems to garner much hate for some reason. :<

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. Kinda sad how Jessie was more capable at double battling than Dawn was.

You have to understand is Jessie has been contests far longer than Dawn has. She's gone through contests Hoeon contests to D/P contests. It amazes me how Jessie hasn't won a single contest yet. You'd think out of all the rules the writers have been breaking latley that they could break the villains never win any thing rules. I mean its contests, its not like Jessie is trying to steal any thing for crying out loud. if that were the case I'd understand it, but she's just trying to win a contest. Any who I enjoyed the episode becuase Ash was so great at contest attacks, he should be in both contests and gyms no rule says he can't. Look at Nando he's in both gyms and contests and is doing great at them, this could be a great way for Ash to warm up for gyms. Well any ways I know that might possibly not happen in the future but whatever. I'm one of those Zoey haters so seeing her in the episode did not please me. The way Dawn used the Buziel was great, but yah plotwhole since Buziel gets traded later on LOL. This episode is useless now that we know thatXD

It is really wierd to see Dawn talk about perfecting that Ice appeal with Buizel when we now know she trades it 20 episodes later...

Can we chalk this up to another plotline by the writers that went absolutely nowhere? This entire episode seems to have been retconned by an extent due to the trade.
Well yeah but we aren't supposed to know about that at this point. The characters themselves certainly don't, and that's the point.

I love Zoey and Dawn's interactions. Their fashion styles are completely opposite, which shows a bit about their personalities, but they still interact really well together.

What time does Pokemon even come on now in the mornings? I only download them when they are interesting-looking episodes, but I want to actually watch them on the TV.

Eastern, BTW (I believe CN has a seperate West coast feed, though).

I actually timeshift it so I don't have to get up at 8:30 on Saturdays.

Not bad. Interesting how Zoey can get her laptop to work in the middle of nowhere. They must have Wi-Fi everywhere in Sinnoh.

This was a nice episode. A few things caught my attention.

Jessie: And now, it's time for my blast off into the world of win.
Meowth: That's not the blast off I'm worried about.

Those lines = instant win.

The Dub only kept 6 pieces of original music (by my count). That's not too bad, but it's not that good either. Although one of the tunes they kept was Ikken Rakuchaku (A Matter to be settle), which has not been kept in the Dub since A Rivalry Revival.

Also, it's nice to actually see Zoey engage in battle, despite her injury. I mean, how many freakin times has the Anime emphasized the absurd notion that injured humans cannot direct their Pokemon in battle. But this time, they at least somewhat work around that rule.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom