• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP42: The Electrike Company!

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
This episode airs today.

I've heard that Ash gets shocked A LOT in this episode!! ^^;

Aww, poor guy. XD

Electrike sounds really annoying...like...really annoying.
Agreed, it's really ... uhh nasaly.

That breeder guy's a douche.

Edit: Manectric's just as bad. It sounded like it's something out of the Muppets or something.

Last edited:
And the boss sounded like James but older. Though it fit the guy so I'm not complaining.

James and Meowth stopped them from stealing Pikachu. I bet a bitchfest awaited them when they crashed.

And yes, Ash got shocked at least three times. And it was like the attacks had an Ash tracker as they all bent right for him.

Yeah, Electrike/Manectric doesn't sound right. Rebellion against Jessie and target jackets ftw.

Ash has probably been carrying a lot of metal unknowningly for years; this just proves it.

...I think I have a new favorite episode. *hearts* A new favorite character. *hearthearts* And a new favorite pairing (or two). *hearthearthearts*

Cal sounding like an older James threw me off too much. I don't agree it fit, but he was there minimally, so no actual complaints. Jaco rocked my socks; I could understand the flying-bias/electric-dislike. And hell, this episode actually gave Brock his creds! And made him work on-screen! :D I LOVE IT~

And the best line? Jessie's "Ha! I stole your thunder!" in that singsong way. XD It was perfect for the occasion.

EDIT: Forgot. The title is win. Hail Morgan Freeman's career.

"Aaah! Someone's out to get meeee!~ D;"

This episode had more chances of Ash abuse and the writers did not take advantage of it. Dx

This was a really good dub episode. Electrike and Manetrike both kept their Japanese voices if I'm not mistaken. I thought it was pretty well scripted; better than usual.

I don't have very much to say about it really . . I've already reviewed it and everything.

Oh, and by my count it kept a whopping 10 pieces of music. But they've done better.

If Electrike and Manectric Japanese names are Rakurai and Raibolt, how can they have their Japanese voices? They clearly said Electrike and Manectric.

I just went and compared the two and, my bad. It'd been a while since I'd seen the Japanese version and now that I watched it again I realised they didn't have the same voices.

Their voices were definitely similar though. But, I was watching it on a low volume level so as not to wake anyone in the house, so that could just be me. ^^;

It was filler, but it was actually pretty entertaining. It's nice to see an episode where Brock is focused on and it isn't an obvious ploy for him to get a new Pokémon.

I counted the same number of music pieces as pianoplaynfool. It seems that there are more episodes like these that keep this amount of music, which is nice.

Did anyone notice that James called Jocko "Jacko"?

That was a terrible name too...'Jocko'? Why not just call him Jack or something else?

I have a new fav episode as well! The boss didn't bother me as much as the Jerry Nelson/Richard Hunt-type Manetric (can't place who it sounds like more....). Oh well. The rest of the episode more than makes up for it.

I've been waiting to see this since people posted screencaps of it. I liked the plot (although I kinda figured Electrike was overpowered and that's why it couldn't control its powers very well before Brock mentioned it). I like any time James and Meowth turn against Jessie. I will be SO UPSET if this never leads into anything before the series ends. As a stubborn Rocketshipper, I can even let that go if they give them an ending that blows my mind. I loved all the "zap the Ash" moments (yes, that can be turned into a dirty pun ...lol) ... brings back good memories of the old days. I like how the writers remembered that TR doesn't really care anymore about getting shocked since it happens so often. The thing I just can't stop gushing about is James and Meowth. I absolutely jump up and down whenever they "join" the twerps. Much as I despise the twerps, I love James and Meowth when they break away from the status quo. To be honest, I'm kinda surprised Ash took it so well this time. He griped under his breath a little, but most of the time TR joins the twerp team, he's all arrogant and self-righteous. Even Pikachu seemed to go along with it a little better. And the image of James holding onto Jessie's waist to keep her from attacking (before she goes off on her own) is my new favorite image. The expression on his face makes me hope that ... perhaps ... Rocketshipping isn't completely dead...

Isn't his name actually supposed to be Jacko? Honestly, WTF is "Jocko"?
Well, everyone except James was pronouncing his name as "Jocko."

I recall Shaman King renaming a character named "Chocolove" to "Jocko," so I'm guessing it's a real name.

Did anyone notice that James called Jocko "Jacko"?
That was a terrible name too...'Jocko'? Why not just call him Jack or something else?
Isn't his name actually supposed to be Jacko? Honestly, WTF is "Jocko"?
Well, everyone except James was pronouncing his name as "Jocko."

I recall Shaman King renaming a character named "Chocolove" to "Jocko," so I'm guessing it's a real name.
Joco is a real name. This character's name was an alternate spelling, Jaco, and is pronounced 'Jocko'. D: Man, you people upset me. *feels old* He needed a two syllable name anyway, since Yuusuke's two; Jack wouldn't have cut it.

It's a lot of fun watching Ash get zapped over and over.

There's a lot of old soundtracks in this episode. I liked those.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom