• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP43: Malice In Wonderland!

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
This episode airs today.

And apparently, Ash and his friends encounter a Mismagius which causes them to have weird dreams. ^^

I can't wait to see this episode! It should be really good! :-D

This wasn't all that great of an episode. The animation seemed cheap at times and it was generally uninteresting. The only things that grabbed my attention was Brock being jabbed to death and TR being blasted off over and over again.

yea, all those Jenny and Joy jabbing Brock was awesome, and I found out that I've been saying "Rayquaza" and "Groudon" wrong for years.

and Cynthia using an uber? what a n00b

Last edited:
Well I enjoyed most of it except for Mismagius's name pronounciation, I thought it was pronounced Mis-Mag-us not Mis-mag-i-us.
Overall it did not feel like a waste of 30 mins of my life like some of the other episodes.

One of the best eps of the season, imo. Very entertaining all the way through.

vlcsnap-113155.png

:D

This was an interesting ep. Watching all the Joys and Jennies turn to Croagunk and stab Brock was funny. So was TR dreaming of being blasted off again and again. Not that much else to it, though.

The episode was awesome. It's like Address Unown. The episode was very entertaining for a filler. Great episode overall. The Joys and Jennys being Croagunk was funny as hell, as well as Giovanni hurting Meowth. After watching this episode, there's only one thing I can say.

Giant Pikachu and giant Piplup = pwned.

The episode was awesome. It's like Address Unown. The episode was very entertaining for a filler. Great episode overall. The Joys and Jennys being Croagunk was funny as hell, as well as Giovanni hurting Meowth. After watching this episode, there's only one thing I can say.

Giant Pikachu and giant Piplup = pwned.
You forget giant Croagunk and it's spinning attack (Poison Jab, yes?). Funny episode indeed. I loved all this wackiness for a change.

It was a good episode. For sure worth an all nighter. It's nice to just turn on the TV, sit in a chair with plushies, and laugh until your stomach hurts.

All the Joys and Jennys were hilarious. Poor Brock, getting stabbed with Poison Jab what seemed like hundreds and hundreds of times. And Team Rocket being sent flying over and over, now that was funny! I'm sure that episode would never get old for me no matter how many times I'd watch it.

Oh, and the giant Pikachu and Piplup were awesome! XP I didn't really like Croagunk being there too in that scene. Oh well. Though I can't help but wonder how bad it would be if Croagunk used Poison Jab on Brock at the size it was at. XD

Am I the only one who noticed the reality show joke involving Jessie's fantasy?

"balahabaala....great actress...blablabbalaa....to be in a reality show..."

Or actually chuckled at it?

You forget giant Croagunk and it's spinning attack (Poison Jab, yes?). Funny episode indeed. I loved all this wackiness for a change.

Meh, Croagunk just didn't "fit" in that scene. I don't like Croagunk as much Pikachu and Piplup either, and Croagunk already got its "starring role" with the Joys and Jennys. Also, I have to honestly say that, ignoring the odd discontinuities, the dub was better than the original, especially when Pikachu, Piplup, and Croagunk grew huge because at that point in the original, Pokemon Symphonic Medley (the worst and most overused Japanese song I've ever heard @_@) was played blaringly loud and you really couldn't hear the sounds and voices very well, not to mention, it just didn't fit mood of the situation. I'll say it again. Giant Pikachu and giant Piplup = instant win. Did anyone else find it funny when Dawn said the Pokemon's dreams came true when they grew? Maybe Pikachu dreams of being Ash's trainer for once? XD

Like I said, great episode. I really like the crazy ones like this one and Address Unown. There's no better kind of fiction than the ones that defy reality.

I thought Dawns comment about dreams coming true was amusing and Piplup and Pikachu were so adorable when they became huge!

I agree.

Pikachu and Piplup were SO cute when they were big like that! ^^

And for some reason, Croagunk did seem out of place there. But oh well, I think they must've needed its help so they could defeat the Mismagius-Rayquaza.

Maybe Pikachu dreams of being Ash's trainer for once? XD
Actually, I think it's more likely that Pikachu just wants to be VERY strong, like the strongest Pikachu ever.

And I guess, in order to match the giant Rayquaza's strength, that's why Pikachu and the others grew in size.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode.

It was very funny indeed! And as far as D/P episodes go, this one was awesome all the way through! ^_^

Granted, it's not my top favorite episode so far (last week's episode, "The Electrike Company" holds that spot), this episode was still very good, in my opinion.

I liked the animation in this episode. It really brought the experience to life and made everything look amazing. And also, it was great to see Professor Oak, Dawn's mom, Cynthia, and Giovanni again (even though they were just illusions).

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the music. It seems they were using Pokemon USA's BGM this time. I've said this before, but I like the 4Kids BGM much better than the music that Pokemon USA uses. But anyway, I'm glad that they used at least a few Japanese tracks. Especially the song at the end of the episode! I love that one! And I hope Japan will release some D/P BGM soon. ^_^

On a final note, I liked that joke Ash made at the end, about having another dream. Heh, of course that dream would have to be getting something to eat. Wow! Ash sure likes to eat! XD

That's something I've noticed recently. The writers haven't had Ash's stomach growl for a long time. And they certainly haven't done it much in D/P so far. I mean, I think the writers made Ash's stomach growl more often back in the Hoenn seasons, with Advanced, Advanced Challenge, and Advanced Battle.

I thought Dawns comment about dreams coming true was amusing and Piplup and Pikachu were so adorable when they became huge!

I agree.

Pikachu and Piplup were SO cute when they were big like that! ^^

lol I thought so too. Out of curiosity, what exactly did you find adorable about it?

You know, I've noticed something. Just about every season, we have these giant Pokemon episodes. It's a pretty strange pattern.

Actually, I think it's more likely that Pikachu just wants to be VERY strong, like the strongest Pikachu ever.

Why does a Pikachu bulging with muscles come to mind when I read that? XD

And I guess, in order to match the giant Rayquaza's strength, that's why Pikachu and the others grew in size.

Yeah, and they probably wanted to protect their trainers too, right Lisa? ^^

Last edited:
I missed the dub but I remember really liking this episode in Japanese.

Nice to see Cynthia (even though she wasn't real), and I really do hope Dawn gets to battle her mother someday.

Pikachu and Piplup were really cute, I gotta admit. ^_^

lol I thought so too. Out of curiosity, what exactly did you find adorable about it?

I honestly don't know. Maybe it's just you can see how cute they are easier since they're bigger or something. XD It's just a small thought.

But Pikachu and Piplup were really cute though. If only they had been bigger for just a bit longer though.

Pikachu and Piplup were really cute, I gotta admit. ^_^

I honestly don't know. Maybe it's just you can see how cute they are easier since they're bigger or something. XD It's just a small thought.

lol Maybe so. ^^

But Pikachu and Piplup were really cute though. If only they had been bigger for just a bit longer though.

Yeah, I agree. The "colossus battle" was WAY too short. Should've been longer, but they were probably pressed for time.

Yeah, I agree. The "colossus battle" was WAY too short. Should've been longer, but they were probably pressed for time.

Yeah, there was hardly anytime. They were too busy with the Contest battle, the battle with Ash VS Cynthia, James collecting bottle caps, Meowth getting attention rom Giovanni, Jessie becoming an actress, and Brock being adored by Joys and Jennys, then waking up and realizing it's all a big dream.

*sigh* If only they hadn't used up so much time. :(

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom