• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP17: Enter Galactic!

So they finally get another episode. I'm hoping for more Toxicroak.

Nothing really to look forward to here for me besides the Croagunk/Toxicroak rivalry and the fact that Electabuzz looks like if it swallowed an Electrode whole.

This is the first in a long while that i'm able to watch it from beginning to end without fast forwarding. Too bad I'm leaving soon, right after the ep.

Ooo, the Veilstone meteorites. I don't think I've ever seen Ash actually acknowledge he got a free handout. Fire burns in other places as well. Spear Key? o.o I was hoping that one day, someone would attack TR in the middle of their motto. Frog stares=creepy. Operation Cthulhu? o.o Interesting ep.

Wow. Wobbuffet really screams like a girl.

Team Galactic ripped off the Team thing? Funny TR didn't complain about Team Aqua or Team Magma.

That Toxicroak is seriously scary.

I still never get tired of the original Red/Blue theme music (at the end there).

I like this animation a lot, but I think for a serious episode like this(sorta), a different animator like Iwane or Tamagawa should have been used but oh well

I liked the lore that the meteorites had. I sorta wished they intergrated Deoxys in there as well

Brock looked like a girl when he was hitting on Nurse Joy

And I'm sure he was 'on fire' in other palces as well too. heh heh

That Pokemon center looked a bit too cutting edge with that map

So, blowing up the base after getting the meteorite, that's a bit hardcore, isn't it?

So destroying the communication was what those Saturns were for.

Good for James, knowing the dangers of hernia.

And apparently by screaming, Meowth was singing to James.

Reggie thinks Paul is Ash's friend. Has he not listened to Ash at all?

A

LOL at TG spotting Team Rocket spotting Jessie in those bushes

I feel sorry for TR not gettig their motto shown.

I loved Jessie's reaction to Ash's question.

Officer Jenny actually showed up early!!! A miracle.

And Saturn doesn't tell the heros the plans like most villans. Good for him

Toxicroak sounds robotic, and I guess it's rivarly was all right with Croagunk

TR never could catch a break

I guess Saturn is going to Lake Acuity now.

Meowth got back at James' singing comment

Very good episode as well.

Sceptile, didn't Paul attack during their motto one time?

The music seemed to be at a good volume today, anyone notice?

Maybe our mail complainments affected them? Or not. gotta see the ep first before i can decide if the volume is normal or not.

There was some pretty suggestive dialog today. "I'd give anything to see a battle like that" and the aforementioned fire burning quote. Wobbuffet was pretty funny today; it's a shame he doesn't come out every episode like he used to. That scene with big head Jessie seemed like PUSA didn't know what to have her say. I actually enjoyed the dub of this episode better than the raw!

Yeah, the music seemed lower to me too.

However, I noticed a small bit of silence at the end of the episode. O.O

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. It was interesting to see what Team Galactic was doing with those meteorites.

Also, I didn't expect to see Maylene in this episode! Yay! She and Lucario went over there to help everyone out!! ^_^

Wow, Paul is so mean and cruel. He has like, no sympathy for anyone else but himself.

You know, Sarah didn't even do half as good in this episode as she did in "A Triple Fighting Chance". She gave us her usual performance today, sadly. What a shame...

To be honest though, all of Ash's speaking lines made me cringe, especially during that scene when they were in the Pokemon Center discussing where to go next. Ugh. >_<

Anyway, the Team Galactic members had pretty good voices. I noticed that Mike Pollock voiced one of them. Oh, and I also like Saturn's voice.

And finally, Rachael Lillis was awesome in today's episode! She did a wonderful job voicing Maylene! And I was so happy to hear Rachael again!! :-D

I really liked the silence bits in this episode, and their seemed to be a lot of them. Props to PUSA for that.

Was Saturn voiced by Steve Stanley this episode? Because I really noticed that "Neji" tone.

The music was actually in good volume, I was able to hear it. And omg silence again too around the middle while Officer Jenny was revealing who Team Galatic is. I was disappointed that Satoshi no Theme wasn't play, felt weird hearing the boring BGM as Electabuzz, Pikachu, Piplup, and Lucario were working together.

The phone call with Reggie and Paul, I laughed. Reggie and Paul are the exact opposite, and Paul like gave a damn about Ash. But I laughed so hard how he says Ash is Paul's friend.

The episode was overall good, nothing much to really complain.

This episode is the perfect example of why the Rocket-Dan are better than Team Rocket. When they were in the bushes and first spotted the Ginga-Dan, the way they said "Suteki Fashion" all serious like was absolutely hilarious. I always crack up whenever I watch that scene. But Team Rocket just sounded goofy the whole time. Plus, "Fashion Freaks" didn't work because of how inconsistent PUSA was with it. James didn't really call them that in the flashback, and in the Unown episode, Team Rocket knew who Team Galactic were. I guess PUSA is hoping we just forget about that. Plus, that singing stuff was just lame.

And for the record, Shinji did interrupt the motto once.

Everything other than the Team Rocket parts were good. The volume of the music didn't seem quite as low, but it could still be higher.

The only thing to really say is that hopefully we see Team Galactic again soon. I'd expect sometime in September since that's when Platinum comes out, but who knows.

Yeah, to get in the middle of the convo, I think it would have been better if PUSA made them say "Oo, nice hair" or "Nice suits". I think it would have had a similar joke effect.

This episode is the perfect example of why the Rocket-Dan are better than Team Rocket. When they were in the bushes and first spotted the Ginga-Dan, the way they said "Suteki Fashion" all serious like was absolutely hilarious. I always crack up whenever I watch that scene. But Team Rocket just sounded goofy the whole time. Plus, "Fashion Freaks" didn't work because of how inconsistent PUSA was with it. James didn't really call them that in the flashback, and in the Unown episode, Team Rocket knew who Team Galactic were. I guess PUSA is hoping we just forget about that. Plus, that singing stuff was just lame.

If I recall correctly James called them 'fashionably dressed fans of Team Rocket' in Eterna.

What I don't understand is why did they show a flashback of Solaceon ruins if the twerps weren't even in there with Saturn and all. Odd....

the only thing I found lame was the fact that they didn't show much of their motto, other than that it was good on their part.

If I recall correctly James called them 'fashionably dressed fans of Team Rocket' in Eterna.

Yeah. Since PUSA didn't start a nickname there, the whole thing seems inconsistent.

What I don't understand is why did they show a flashback of Solaceon ruins if the twerps weren't even in there with Saturn and all. Odd....

I think that was for the audience since it's been awhile since that episode aired.

the only thing I found lame was the fact that they didn't show much of their motto, other than that it was good on their part.

I loved how they made fun of the fact you can easily attack Team Rocket in the time it takes them to say their motto. :)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom