• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP17: Enter Galactic!

I'm actually sick of hearing the motto every episode. It's just a device to take up time. We only have like 22 minutes per episode to begin with.
Every time I record Pokemon, I just skip over the motto.

We really don't hear the motto every episode anymore. There's been plenty of episodes where they don't say it at all, or do anything Team Rocket like. I know there's a stretch of episodes coming up where Team Rocket doesn't do anything Team Rocket like for awhile. In fact, I remember people were kinda glad when they finally started doing bad stuff again since it had been awhile.

I'm actually sick of hearing the motto every episode. It's just a device to take up time. We only have like 22 minutes per episode to begin with.
Every time I record Pokemon, I just skip over the motto.

37 seconds of poetry is not going to kill anyone. And I agree with Rocket Girl in the sense that TR hasn't done too many 'bad' things to the twerps, so much as 'annoying'.

6 pieces of music which is pretty average, but there were at least two periods of silence (each were 20-30 seconds long), and a lot of short 4-5 second bits. I was really impressed. (Though, I'd trade silence for Satoshi's New Theme - it seems like ever since Battle Dimension started, it hasn't played once in the dub)

I'm kind of disappointed that PUSA never settled on a nickname for Team Galactic, although this is probably a very rushed dub. They didn't pick up on "No need to worry" until a while into the series (we never got a translation for "ii kanji" now that I think about it).

I really liked the silence bits in this episode, and their seemed to be a lot of them. Props to PUSA for that.
]

Yeah, there was an instance of 30 seconds of silence in the middle of the episode, another 18 seconds later on, and 14 seconds right before the end. So that adds up to just over a minute. Maybe they have a little extra money to invest in keeping more of the original music, so this is a good sign.

Yeah, there was an instance of 30 seconds of silence in the middle of the episode, another 18 seconds later on, and 14 seconds right before the end. So that adds up to just over a minute. Maybe they have a little extra money to invest in keeping more of the original music, so this is a good sign.
I don't know if there's a correlation between how much original music is used and how much silence is used. I mean, the mixing guy is going to be paid the same either way.

Still, silence is one step closer to mirroring the Japanese version. Perhaps this reflects a transitional stage. With Battle Dimension, there's more or less a pattern to which music is kept (sometimes the "standard" pieces like the long TR motto and the DP gym battle theme are still replaced, but it's only once every ten episodes or so, likewise they'll sometimes keep random pieces). Will silence become more prominent as well?

Rocket Girl said:
This episode is the perfect example of why the Rocket-Dan are better than Team Rocket. When they were in the bushes and first spotted the Ginga-Dan, the way they said "Suteki Fashion" all serious like was absolutely hilarious. I always crack up whenever I watch that scene. But Team Rocket just sounded goofy the whole time. Plus, "Fashion Freaks" didn't work because of how inconsistent PUSA was with it. James didn't really call them that in the flashback, and in the Unown episode, Team Rocket knew who Team Galactic were. I guess PUSA is hoping we just forget about that.

I completely agree.

The ways in which PUSA is copying 4Kids is eerily perfect if you think about it. 4Kids admitted that they just dubbed things as they went without any knowledge of what happened in future episodes (that's how Michael Haigney got the role of Charmander, according to the Pokemon 4Ever commentary), and it seems like PUSA is happy to do the same. They decided that it'd be OK to just go ahead and reveal who Team Galactic was earlier in the season without bothering to check if doing so would have any consequences in future episodes.

Of course, if they'd just translate the Rocket-Dan's dialogue instead of just tossing it out and making up their own shit, they wouldn't run into problems like this.

I don't know if there's a correlation between how much original music is used and how much silence is used. I mean, the mixing guy is going to be paid the same either way.

I guess my line of thinking is that if there are moments where there is no music playing, the Dubbers aren't paying as much for Dub music. Therefore, they could afford to spend a little more on the original music (which probably costs more). I could be wrong though.

Also, why is this episode thread already in the archived section, whereas the previous episode thread is still stickied in the main Anime section.

Still, silence is one step closer to mirroring the Japanese version. Perhaps this reflects a transitional stage. With Battle Dimension, there's more or less a pattern to which music is kept (sometimes the "standard" pieces like the long TR motto and the DP gym battle theme are still replaced, but it's only once every ten episodes or so, likewise they'll sometimes keep random pieces). Will silence become more prominent as well?

Yash, I don't know anything about composing music, but at the end of the battle dimension eps there are two "sound staff" guys credited:
"Sound Supervisor" - Carmen Borgia - [email protected]
"Mix" - Kevin Wilson - [email protected]

Is it the mixer or the sound supervisor who replaces/edits/lowers the volume on the music? I guess its the mixer, but I want to be 100% certain :p

The episode was nice, toxicroak had an okay dub voice. Maylene seriously sounded exactly as Misty. -10 PUSA for replacing Satoshi's theme, +10 for having lots of silence.

6 pieces of music which is pretty average, but there were at least two periods of silence (each were 20-30 seconds long), and a lot of short 4-5 second bits. I was really impressed. (Though, I'd trade silence for Satoshi's New Theme - it seems like ever since Battle Dimension started, it hasn't played once in the dub)

If I recall correctly, I think that theme played during 'Bibarel Knaws Best' when Ash sent out all of his Pokemon to cut down the blocks.

Sceptile, didn't Paul attack during their motto one time?

In the Forest of Hesitation episode DP6 or 7 (I can't rememebr the dub name) Different Strokes for Different Blokes?
Paul: Ember!
Jessie: Ember!
TR: Ember?

XD Too many repeats

Anyway, there were also long periods of silence during this and the last episode (a lot just before the gym battle started and in other places). Perhaps they are going to stick with the long periods of silence now? I don't want to get my hopes up.

Anyway, the last 2 episodes didn't have Team Rocket's motto in, and this one was interrupted the whole way through haha. There are quite a few other episodes where they don't say their motto in DP (I can only remember the first J episode at the moment, contest episodes and future Japanese episodes) So DP must be the record holder for episodes with no motto haha.

The phone call with Reggie and Paul, I laughed. Reggie and Paul are the exact opposite, and Paul like gave a damn about Ash. But I laughed so hard how he says Ash is Paul's friend.

I think Reggie was only teasing Paul by calling Ash Paul's friend; that's what older siblings are supposed to do, isn't it: tease the younger ones.

Dawn, you may be able to fool Ash, but you can't fool you own Pokemon.

Aside from a few moments of bad animation that really bothered me, this was a good episode. I hope we see Reggie again.

If I recall correctly, I think that theme played during 'Bibarel Knaws Best' when Ash sent out all of his Pokemon to cut down the blocks.
I just checked and you're right. I wonder why they're so keen on replacing it, with the Advanced Adventure and By Your Side instrumentals being kept nearly all the time, you'd think it'd be a piece they'd keep regularly.

As the announcer correctly said at the end of this episode:
"Finally, Team Galactic has emerged from the shadows"

An impressive and great "first" introduction of Team Galactic which, frankly, makes all previous teams look harmless. If the term "evil" fits somebody, then it undoubtedly fits Team Galactic
First of all it was just awesome to have all important characters of the last episodes together once again:
Reggie is a nice guy who, and we all witnessedhis skills as a trainer, can also battle hard when forced to.
Maylene and her brilliant Lucario embody the strength of a gym leader and the unity of men and Pokemon
And not to mention Ash and friends who were as great as always.

The next subject I wanna reflect on is Toxicroak: This "poison-frog" was kinda terrifying, if you ask me. The scary expression on Toxicroak´s face while it was staring at Croagunk can surely give you the creeps. Not to forget its appearance in the dark and its glowing eyes. So far there have been several scenes with glowing eyes and the rest of the Pokemon being hidden in the dark and every time I love to watch them. After a few months the element which I´ll remember best will definitely be this aforementioned expression
Well, think positively, Toxicroak! If Saturn releases you some day, you will immediately find a new job: as the main attraction in a ghost train! ^^

To come to an end:
A flawless episode with an excellent Thunder/ Volttackle combination from Electabuzz and Pikachu! A powerful and impressive attack as well as a worthy end of an great, epic episode!

Result:
8 out of 10 points :bounce:

^lol.

This episode flowed pretty ice. No compaints here.

Its kinda funny that Reggie thinks Ash is Paul's friend

The thing that bothered me is that Shinji calls Reiji "aniki" which means big brother, but does nothing of the sort in the English dub. So, I think they're trying to make Paul more of a dick?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom