• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP19: Crossing Paths

Kazamatsuri

GO FOR THE GOAL!
Reaction score
DP 73 Original Title
Good Bye Dustox!
(さよならドクケイル!

DP73 Dub Title
Crossing Paths!

So it looks like CartoonNetwork will be skipping the Pokemon Ranger episodes, and we'll be going straight to the episode where Jessie sets free her Dustox.

Aw man, no Pokemon Ranger. Maybe they are actually delaying it to when Shadows of Almia is released in the U.S.

Anyway, this episode is supposibly pretty good.

Jessie with a different hairdo? o.o Wow, Croagunk sure has to keep his eye on Brock today. Holy snap, they cut off their own motto. Wow...I just don't know what to think. Pretty good.

Fucking PUSA.

Two pieces of music kept.

They didn't even go through the trouble of getting a different vocal song for the "Jessie releases Dustox" scene.

For Takeda, this animation wasn't as bad as usual

I did not need to hear Piplup freaking singing off pitch

I love how Jessie was being so unusally nice to everyone

And Dustox, had more personality in this episode than ever before.

Jessie's acting is absolutely beautiful, I am serious. It waqs so convincing and non-forced

Jessie's past made me so sad. NO wonder she's always unhappy

I love how Brock said the story of Dustox 'perks' him up

And when Jessie had that fantasy, it was so funny that Wobuffet showed up.

And James and Meowth are actually being nice and supportive too.

Good thing Jessie stopped the motto today, it seemed a bit forced lol.

And Mime.Jr continues to live and imatiate James being bitten by Carnivine, lol.

Interesting strategy to get the lake back to normal

And Jessie just breaks that pokeball rather hard.

And the narrator pretty much spits on Rocketshipping, lol.

Overall, very touching and good episode

I wanna see the Ranger eps. :( And Shadows of Almia doesn't come out til mid-November... bah.

Onto the episode itself. Bye, Dustox. I'm going to miss your awesome voice and funny facial expressions.

Looks like we receive another flashback to Jessie's past... holy crap, her hair! XD But hasn't she had the shark fin ever since she was a little girl? Maybe she just figured she'd have a better chance at being a star without a hairdo that sticks out five feet behind her. The story itself actually made me feel somewhat sad. I kind of want to see this Astin character again, as an adult.

Oh, look at that, I finally share my name with a CotD. And I don't care for him that much. Ah well!

I loved Croagunk attacking Brock in the background as Nurse Joy told the twerps information that the audience already knew. XD

Thank Arceus TR didn't constantly insult each other like they usually do these days... that would have ruined it.

That was funny when we saw the Pokémon carrying rocks up the hill... Mime Jr. hopping like Buneary and Happiny running with that huge boulder made me laugh.

Cool, they played "As Long as I Can Hold My Breath" at one part. And I could hear it!

What music did they replace for Dustox's departure? Because they dub music that played in that scene wasn't emotional at all. I became kinda pissed, actually. :/

Great episode, like most Rocket-centered episode are.

Quick question, why is complaining about the music treated differently than complaining about the voices?

I thought today's episode was really nice. It was sad to finally see Jessie let go of Dustox. Jessie also looked pretty different as a child. Overall, another great episode of Battle Dimension.

What music did they replace for Dustox's departure? Because they dub music that played in that scene wasn't emotional at all. I became kinda pissed, actually. :/
Kaze to Issho Ni, from the first movie.

I was hoping that since PUSA was light on background music in this episode, they'd use their budget to acquire this song, but... nope.

linkpre said:
Quick question, why is complaining about the music treated differently than complaining about the voices?
Because the music is often more relevant to the episode discussion than "No Veronica? This episode SUCKS!"

Did anyone else find it ironic that Rachael Lillis voiced the younger Jessie?

And, alright, I'll say one thing positive - Michele Knotz was really good in this episode.

Last edited:

Because they act like it's the apocalypse whenever they take out something they like. Or more accurately, because the voices are good enough, so they need something else to fucking complain about. >_>

Anyway, it was a pretty good episode music wise. Jessie was absolutely amazing in this episode. I was a bit worried that she would pull it off, but man was she good.

I feel like a shojo manga was thrown upon my face, wide upon on PG. 12 for all viewing, with the binding broken.

Because the music is often more relevant to the episode discussion than "No Veronica? This episode SUCKS!"
Music and Voices have the same relevance. And just like you are saying 'NO RANDOM JAPANESE SONG, THE EPISODE SUCKS!!!' Is there really much of a difference there.

I mean like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a music moratarium. And then, when that dies down people will then start complaining about how the episode is drawn.

God, Jessie's past gets more and more deluded. This just adds more and more to TR's fucked up past. So now she's wanted to be a coordinator all her life and attended a dance school sometime between when her mother died and joined a bike gang?

Also little!Jessie crying as runs and TRIPS (FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT TO ENSURE YOU WILL WANGST WHEN YOU SEE THIS)? Page 56 on this said shojo manga thrown at my face.

But yeah one of the more erm...dramatic episodes lately.

God, Jessie's past gets more and more deluded. This just adds more and more to TR's fucked up past. So now she's wanted to be a coordinator all her life and attended a dance school sometime between when her mother died and joined a bike gang?

I think it was before her mother died (no regular kid can afford to be in a dancing school without SOME help).

I cried at the end. No, not because of the flashback. Because they didn't even use a sad BGM! *twitch* Anywho, it was a great episode, dub wise. Did they cut the scene where Musashi was saved? Because I just remember seeing the aftermath.

Her voice was awesome! She had so mutch emotion~!

Music and Voices have the same relevance. And just like you are saying 'NO RANDOM JAPANESE SONG, THE EPISODE SUCKS!!!' Is there really much of a difference there.
Yeah, kind of. How many times does Kaze to Issho ni play in the show? Compared to how many times does Veronica Taylor not voice Ash? Pretty much every week. The latter complaint tires out more easily.

I hope you're not suggesting that I'm hard to please, because that's silly. I'll congratulate PUSA on those rare episodes that keep upwards of 10 pieces. If the music is SO expensive that they can only use 6-8 pieces in other episodes, well... what the hell happened here, then?

I will say that this is probably the best dubbed episode I've seen out of PUSA EXCEPT for the music. If they could just break down that barrier, I'd be satisfied.

ketsu-sama said:
Did they cut the scene where Musashi was saved? Because I just remember seeing the aftermath.
No, that was never in the episode, Japanese or English.

I really enjoyed this episode. The team being nice to each other for a change and we get to find out about Jessie's past...absolutely wonderful. I thought in the japanese version, Jessie's friend didn't have a name. Oh well, whatever.

The voice acting for Jessie was actually really good. I wish she sounded like this more often. Now, normally, I don't WHAAAA about the music, but I felt cheated when they replace Kaze to Issho ni. The replacement music wasn't TERRIBLE, but it lacked the dramatic tension the original had. That's just me.

LOL, I loved what the narrator said at the end. It sounded so genuine for once (and yeah, my inner rocketshipper rose a bit, but I won't get into that XD)

I think it was before her mother died (no regular kid can afford to be in a dancing school without SOME help).

Maybe it was an after school club? *shrugs*
Or her friends paid for her because they needed a third member? LOL, I don't know XD

Yeah, but remember, Jessie has been known to employ some rather...radical revisionist history when recalling her own past. Remember her account of how she met Wurmple on "Starlit Hill...?" So it didn't necessarily happen exactly as seen...

Maybe one of her foster families could afford to send her to a slightly better school, or maybe it was an elective course in a normal school that she's romanticizing/retconning a little.

Also, her mother died when she was 3 or 4, and I doubt she attended Pokemon Tech or joined the bike gang at that age, so SOME things must have happened in between, heh...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom