• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP19: Crossing Paths

PDL,

I HIGHLY recommend watching it again on TV next week. I watched the same video on YouTube...and the lag (as well as the slow audio) really ruins the episode and takes the emotion away.

It is MILES better with everything in sync...in my opinion, it is 100x more dramatic than the Cacnea episode.

Ok I just saw this episode on megavideo...VERY touching episode, I rather enjoyed it :).

You know I was so against the dub being taken over by PUSA, but to be honest I've been enjoying it a lot more lately. Be it the more music being kept, or just how "new" Diamond & Pearl seems the dub has me watching weekly now.

I just to comment - I rather LIKE everyone's new voice now, something I thought I never would...everyone sounds great, but I just wanted to point this out. After watching alot of Diamond & Pearl episodes, Ash sounds AWFUL...ugh, but everyone else is good :)

Last edited:
I think that is the general opinion...however some people on this forum (not including me) will get annoyed unless you add spoiler tags to voice actor comments. So, I suggest you edit your post and put the comment in spoiler tags.

After watching alot of Diamond & Pearl episodes, Ash sounds AWFUL...ugh, but everyone else is good :)
Yeah, that's the same way I feel about the voices (for the most part).

In regards to Sarah though, she is almost always bad with her line delivery. She changes the pitch of her voice frequently (which is a very annoying problem). What's even worse is that, Sarah is usually bad at trying to convey emotion with her Ash voice. And finally, the way she reads the episode titles is very cringe-worthy. X_X

And because of all this, that is why I'm so worried about "Pika and Goliath". But in addition, I'm also worried about it, because this is supposed to be presented as a very emotional and dramatic episode. And you know, there hasn't been an episode like this in the dub since "A Scare To Remember" (which was the last emotional Ash-centered episode we had recently).

But anyway, I'll give Sarah the benefit of the doubt. If we're lucky, she might surprise us with her acting in next Saturday's episode.

Yash...I watched your video, in some of the scenes you did a great job of replacing the BGM, however parts of it were hard to hear clearly because it was clashing with the dub BGM....but that's neat that you were able to do that!

Was I the only one who liked the dub BGM in this episode?? If so that would be ironic since normally I hate PUSA BGM.

In response with the previous post,

Perhaps one reason this episode was good was because the voice actors involved for most of it were very good. I think it was a mistake (on the part of the dub, since they skipped the Ranger mini-arc) to have two emotional episodes in a row. Now they will be compared.)
I'm a little surprised at Sarah's apparent comfort with her voice. I am a little annoyed that she does not seem to be trying harder to sound like Veronica. I agree that Ash should sound a little older, but she should at least try to pronounce phrases the same way Veronica did.

This was a good episode, but one thing really bugged me.

Normally the voices don't bother me at all, so when I say that the voice acting in this episode was awful,I mean it. Really. Everyone sounded flat and like they were extremely doped up. Everyone. It was terrible. Never again.

Normally the voices don't bother me at all, so when I say that the voice acting in this episode was awful,I mean it. Really. Everyone sounded flat and like they were extremely doped up. Everyone. It was terrible. Never again.

Ahahahaha. You can't be serious. This is one of those times when TR doesn't sound forced. Please explain your points just a bit more

Am I the only one who enjoyed this episode, including the music?

No wonder I hate this fandom so much. >_>

Make that two, jesus just reading everyone response just gave me a headache. I have a 10 year old cousin who literally asking me, (I was on with him and he had a headache of everyone response) why everyone so dead weight on the same thing over and over, the voices and the music from the same people. I so afraid about next week episode if now how this everyone is going to react. Sorry I sound harsh, but wtf.

Seriously I thought it wasn't that bad, of course their gonna replace the music, especially anything vocal out of the dub. I wasn't at all that disappointed since I rewatched it twice, and the dub sorta got to me. And wow, the silence is starting up more often. I thought Pikachu and Piplup were cute. And I Dustox at the end was so beautiful. I felt bad for Jessie, how she regrets her decision not going with the guy. Sometimes I get this feeling of regretting.

The voices were pretty good. I was amazed with Michelle Knotz, I was touched by her lines . She could be good as japanese actress, but the music of course yeah the usual which expecting didn't feel much of it, despite of that I was feeling it from Michelle. And Rachel Lillis, who shit, she surprised me today. O_O Next week, I have a bad feeling, I'm getting the aspirin ready.

While I may be one of the critics you are referring to, I also liked this episode a lot!

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that the next episode is MORE emotional than this one is. It is emotional in a different way, but not to the same extent.

I thought the music was phenomenal in the Dustox episode. I think this might be the first D&P episode that I was able to watch more than twice without getting bored (in the same day). Many of the episodes either bore me half way through, or are interesting, but only once. I think this episode is very comparable to the Butterfree episode. However, I think the Butterfree episode wins for most emotional because I think the viewers (including myself) were more connected with Butterfree than they were with Dustox.

However, I think the Butterfree episode wins for most emotional because I think the viewers (including myself) were more connected with Butterfree than they were with Dustox.

I disagree with you there. Butterfree wasn't really around all that long before it was released. Granted, Dustox never did much, but I felt more of a connection to it than Butterfree. This is the most emotional episode of Pokemon to me.

The only thing I could think of that would be even sadder is Mine Jr. leaving. Ugh, not looking forward to that...

Aside from a little too much PUSA BGM and the wrong part of Kaze to Issho ni used in spots, it was really good. Pokemon finally felt on par with 99% of the other anime dubs out there. It's too bad PUSA can't try something like this for an episode and see how kids react.

This was a good episode, but one thing really bugged me.

I wouldn't say awful. That implies the acting was worse than normal, but that wasn't the case at all.

Only thing that annoyed me is that they couldn't decide whether to call that guy Austin or Astin. Sounded to me like both names were used several times.

Austin was the boy with the Dustox. Astin was the guy Jessie liked as a kid.

I get what PUSA was going for, but I think the names were a little too similar. But at least PUSA gave the kid Jessie liked a name. It's nice to finally call the guy something other other than "that boy Musashi liked when she was a kid".

Well, it's all right. The problem is that the voices sounded WAY too low. Not to mention it is rather odd hearing a Japanese song in an ENGLISH dub. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they yank it, but that's just me. I also felt I got a little more emotion from the English spng, but that is also just me.

However, if you can mix everything perfectly, get a good response, and then write a letter to PUSA about your little problem, than I think they'll at least listen.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom