• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP19: Crossing Paths

I'm sorry Pokemon USA, a billion dollar company, can't afford to dub a song, something I could do in my basement. Seriously.

Besides, it's not like leaving songs in Japanese is some bizarre and new concept. Just look at movies 5 and 6.

There is an instrumental version of that song. All it would require on PUSA's part is a little extra money, but I guess that 12 billion dollars Nintendo makes in profit every year is going towards paying their music composers as it is.

Sigh, or maybe they feel as though their music is good enough. I mean, they don't exactly ask the fans for inmput about music, now do they? They don't say 'what do you think about this song' or 'should we keep this' no. And until they do, you're not always going to get the music you want.

Sigh, or maybe they feel as though their music is good enough. I mean, they don't exactly ask the fans for inmput about music, now do they? They don't say 'what do you think about this song' or 'should we keep this' no. And until they do, you're not always going to get the music you want.
Or maybe they could just keep the original music like every other anime company on the planet.

I just realized something. Avatar the last airbender was specifically made for children, yet the characters were given Asian sounding named by the American creators. That show is popular among kids, no?

Don't know why I posted it here, but it's still a good point.

I just realized something. Avatar the last airbender was specifically made for children, yet the characters were given Asian sounding named by the American creators. That show is popular among kids, no?

Don't know why I posted it here, but it's still a good point.

Probably would've been better to post that in "Something people need to realise about the anime" I think :)

Or maybe they could just keep the original music like every other anime company on the planet.
Blue Dragon doesn't keep much of its music, and it's got VIZ AND Microsoft behind it. Bakugan doesn't either if I'm not mistaken. Even DBZ, with all its popularity, never kept the music for broadcast, not even the uncut episodes they re-dubbed from the first seasons. The sad fact is that if it's for kids, none of these companies are normally gonna bother with the time or $ to keep music they assume those kids won't appreciate anyway.

Y'know what else VIZ doesn't keep? Next episode previews. They suddenly topped with Bleach and Death Note. Code Geass doesn't either. I'd rather that then the "OMG Lelouch haz moar problems this week!!" segments at the begining.

Blue Dragon doesn't keep much of its music, and it's got VIZ AND Microsoft behind it.
Blue Dragon failed.

Bakugan doesn't either if I'm not mistaken.
Bakugan failed.

Even DBZ, with all its popularity, never kept the music for broadcast, not even the uncut episodes they re-dubbed from the first seasons.
Yet the re-releases of the DVDs that DO contain the original music are consistently selling better than the single, 3 episode DVDs that didn't, plus the ratings dipped fast for the uncut episodes.

I'm not saying any of these shows failed (or in DBZ's case, the re-dubbed first season) because they didn't use the original music, but it's an interesting correlation.

Also, Viz sucks. They've tried to make hits out of like ten series and haven't achieved anything. They're even dropping Bleach now because their financial troubles have caught up with them. Actually it reminds me of how 4Kids recently had to drop Yugioh GX because they can't afford to edit it and the new series 5D's at the same time. If you want to see how a company should handle their properties, look at FUNimation. They could easily ride the coattails of Dragonball Z for a long time, yet they went ahead and made successes (albeit smaller) out of series like Yu Yu Hakusho, Case Closed, Fruit Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece...

The sad fact is that if it's for kids, none of these companies are normally gonna bother with the time or $ to keep music they assume those kids won't appreciate anyway.
I would think that re-scoring an entire series, which requires paying a guy to compose new music, and then paying another guy to put that music with the show, and on top of that paying to use some of the original music in addition to all of this, is more time consuming than simply using the original music.

Yash said:
They're even dropping Bleach now because their financial troubles have caught up with them.
*drinks a cup of water*

*spits it all over the screen*

Whaaaaaat? o.o

Why do we (mods) have to keep saying things like this?

General anime discussion obviously does not belong in this thread. Every single one of you knows better than that.

One more comment, please Geodude.
Case Closed failed. It only got like 50 episodes aired out of like 300. That's partly because AS decided to air it at 1:30AM.

I hope someone else picks Bleach up. I'd just watch the sub online, but I prefer the VA in the dub to the original.

One more comment, please Geodude.
Case Closed failed. It only got like 50 episodes aired out of like 300. That's partly because AS decided to air it at 1:30AM.
That's because the scheduling woman at [as] hated the show and deliberately put it in that time slot so it wouldn't get as good of ratings. It did well with the teen demographic.

Now I'm done.

It´s me again!

Just imagine this crazy coincidence:

Chance would have it that one day before this episode was aired, I had fallen in love with a nice girl who I happened to meet when some of my friends and I came together.
But I don´t know if either I just had bad luck or things went wrong altogether...anyways, a friend of mine managed to pinch my girlfriend to be.
(Well, I´ve been wondering for some days now if he´s still my friend actually.)
But I´m also trying to allay my sorrows by thinking that it´s probably the best how things have gone and that we just weren´t meant for each other.

What helped me most ,though, was...yes, this Pokemon episode! Thanks to it, I forgot my broken heart and everything around me.
I was really able to enjoy the story to the full even when I watched it for the second time.

Thanks Pokemon, you not only entertained me but also saved me from a miserable situation of dejection!

Once again, it turned out what my true love is : Pokémon forever!

Good episode, I liked it. Thought the dub was well done in many respects, and I lol'd that young Jessie sounded almost exactly like May.

Pretty much well done all around.

I recognized Harrison (Ash's rival in Johto league) right away! That was his lovely voice... :D

So there's yet another 4kids actor returning, Wayne Grayson (Austin's VA)

(hope i can say this without infractions since this is not a opinion)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom