• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP20: Pika and Goliath!

Geodude said:
Huh? Exactly what did the dubbing company have to do with a character's facial expression and actions?

Oh, I wasn't talking about the dubbing company there.

It's not like we haven't seen an attack match the opponent's type hundreds of times before or anything... -_- Would you rather it had just kept using Quick Attack?

Did I say Quick Attack would be a better choice? We later found out how that went. I'm saying using an electric move against another electric type is not the smartest of moves. It doesn't hurt to show that yes, Ash has learned from his mistakes and would not use an electric type move again.

And since this is Ash, Quick Attack wouldn't have looked bad either.

I also wonder how this guy Sho gets away with what he does. This is different to Paul.

I don't think Paul is cool at all I think he is just mean to Ash,Brock don't know about Dawn never says anything to her and all of Ash's cute pokemon not including Staravia though

Oh, I wasn't talking about the dubbing company there.
You specifically said PUSA, so yes you were.

Did I say Quick Attack would be a better choice? We later found out how that went. I'm saying using an electric move against another electric type is not the smartest of moves.
Pikachu's attacks:
Thunderbolt
Volt Tackle
Iron Tail
Quick Attack

So you would've preferred Pikachu to stick to Quick Attack and Iron Tail (both of which in game terms would do even less damage) than use its strengths?

So you would've preferred Pikachu to stick to Quick Attack and Iron Tail (both of which in game terms would do even less damage) than use its strengths?

Technically, They've never been consistent with the amount of damage any attack does. Quick Attack is apparently the way to show off a Pokémon's speed. Which is the main advantage Pikachu has over Raichu in the anime.

In the anime, when Pikachu evolve into Raichu, they apparently experience a drop in overall speed but gain extra physical strength, as well as a boost in their electrical abilities. (This doesn't happen at all in the games, infact, Raichu are at least 10 base points faster then Pikachu)

Other inconsistencies would include Scizor that are known to have blinding speed and are capable of flight (even though their game counterparts get their speed almost halved). And let's not forget Happiny, who's apparent base 5 attack is enough to lift several concrete blocks and rocks several times bigger then itself (but this is played for humour so it doesn't count).

So I didn't see this episode when it first debuted.

All I can say?...

Man that guy was such an 80s surfer dude wigga.

Geodude said:
You specifically said PUSA, so yes you were.

Why do you have to be so damn picky?? Alright, it was a fuckin' mistake on my part. I get mixed up with these things cause I really don't pay attention to these details.

What do you think? What's your best strategy? You think using Thunderbolt is way lot better to use than Iron Tail and Quick Attack combined? Volt Tackle may have more power, but it'll still rule as ineffective.

What's with you guys picking on what other people say. If it's a minor thing that doesn't cause a storm in these threads, leave them alone and ignore it.

I think that Show's Raichu was just a clone of Pikachu only it knew Hyper Beam instead of Quick attack and Thunder instead of Thunderbolt because he also knew Iron Tail and Volt Tackle I mean what's up with that

I think that Show's Raichu was just a clone of Pikachu only it knew Hyper Beam instead of Quick attack and Thunder instead of Thunderbolt because he also knew Iron Tail and Volt Tackle I mean what's up with that

The writers did that on purpose. In reality, it is more of a challenge when you have almost the same move set because the brute strength, speed, and endurance is looked more upon on. It gave a challenge to Ash and Pikachu to overcome that similiarites both Pikachu and Raichu had, and as well to overcome the power and trap techinques that it provided, so thats why resulted some new tricks that Pikachu gave in the match. And looking the similarites, it took Raichu about 8 or 9 hits to knock it down.

Why do you have to be so damn picky?? Alright, it was a fuckin' mistake on my part. I get mixed up with these things cause I really don't pay attention to these details.
That was neither me being picky nor talking about a detail. It's the kind of thing you have to get right or you just wind up looking foolish (like 4Kids saying Arbok evolves into Seviper). And once I brought it up, instead of saying you weren't talking about PUSA, wouldn't it have made more sense to go back and edit your mistake?

Geodude said:
It's the kind of thing you have to get right or you just wind up looking foolish (like 4Kids saying Arbok evolves into Seviper). And once I brought it up, instead of saying you weren't talking about PUSA, wouldn't it have made more sense to go back and edit your mistake?

Well fine then. Sue me for not saying it right or editing what I said. You just couldn't let it go and ignore it.

My God the animation was so stiff! Wow, Rica's Satoshi doesn't sound any different even 11 years later.

Exactly.

Especially in this case. I mean, Matsumoto Rika doesn't have anything to do with the English version of this episode, which is what this thread was created to talk about in the first place. So why bring her up?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom