• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP26: The Thief That Keeps on Thieving!

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
Yanma episode. I don't have anything to say. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good animation I must say.

Wow, this Tylor sounds like such a wimp.

That Piplup sounds more like a boy wearing a tiera than a girl.

Yep, motto makes you wish they translated it properly.

Yay for magikarp submarine again.

But hey, that was cold that Jessie just caught Yanmega and then.....left.

Hmmmm, Giovaani sounds like Ted Lewis.....is it him?

That laptop does look pretty cool.

Surprised that they seem to have so many Yanma.

Awww, theyre so delusional thinking that the Boss is actually nice...

It would have been pretty interesting if james caught another Yanma as well.

YES, YES, they kept the voice. OMG, yes. Just made my day.

And yes at keeping the motto theme...three times.

Of course Yanmega has to suffer the TR curse...

Heh, doesn't look like the automatic capture for TYler like we're all used to.

This was a nice episdoe, the only thing I wish is that TR did not talk so fast...I could hardly understand them

Yanma's voice is different. Just when I thought Piplup's voice couldn't get higher... Flashbacks to Caterpie? Insane! Why haven't TR just thrown a pokeball at wild pokemon sooner? Hello, it's not really stealing, they just got to it first. So the Yanma already had Ancientpower. o.o Holy snap, Yanmega is scary. That butt wiggle disturbs me somewhat. Nice ep.

Did Chappy, Tyler's Piplup, keep it's original nickname or was it changed into something else?

Edit:
From the post below me, I can see that it was.

Pippy, it's alright - has the same feeling as Chappy - and it's the kind of nickname you'd expect to be given by a young kid. Although I kind of like Chappy more.

Last edited:
Hah, the episode IS called "The Thief That Keeps on Thieving".

Pippy is so absolutely ADORABLE! Wai wai! XD Butt wiggle, omg. I WANT HER. Tyler's got a goldmine right there~

Yanmega's SB spam was awesome to watch.

And I think Ted Lewis just reprieved Giovanni. Cool.

...Team Rocket having one good day of being effective is a...I don't know. I think it's BS, but swooping for the blatant steal and getting away with it was both grossly 'about time'ish and...oh come on, they are not that competent. Ever. You give the audience a shine like that, and they better start being just a little more competent than as of...oh, FOREVER BACK, for the rest of the series. Bad stuff right there.

Wow! This was a pretty good episode! ^^

I liked Tyler a lot. And it was awesome how they showed flashbacks of Ash and Dawn catching their first Pokemon.

Hmmmm, Giovaani sounds like Ted Lewis.....is it him?
It HAS to be him, cause his name (Ed Paul) was listed in the credits.

Yay! Ted Lewis as Giovanni!! =D

I mean, I'm no expert on hearing Ted Lewis on Pokemon. But I don't think there was any other character that he could've voiced.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Pokemon USA actually allowed him to regain the role, lol. XD But I am so glad they did! Because this is very nostalgic! ^_^

Last edited:
I suddenly want to see Tracey again for some bizarre reason. He'll have another speaking role in what...another 150 episodes from now? :/

*waves* hi all, my first post. (I also have a not-too-prolific account of the same name at Bulbapedia)

Seems like a rewrite of the usual "helping the character of the day try to catch a Pokemon when Team Rocket gets in the way and tries to steal it" plot line, with the hitch that Team Rocket actually *does* steal the Pokemon. Surely the writers could have thought of a more creative way to have Jessie catch a new Pokemon. It works, and it works well, but seems just a little recycled. As a minor point, I wonder if Team Rocket is ever going to find out what the boss truly thought of Yanma? (don't know Japanese well enough to watch eps after this) Team Rocket seems to be the most confident when they're deluded ("oh no! not the boss's Yanma!")

Also, I love how they have to mention repeatedly how good Brock's food is to Tyler (as if to rub it in his face). I have this weird image of Brock forgetting how to cook and Ash and Dawn leaving him in some ditch off a road somewhere :p (just kidding)

So maybe Tyler, as a new trainer, didn't have an original backstory (I wonder if they're going to run into him again like Casey), and the catch-the-first-Pokemon-he-touches context is kind of weak. I must say, though, that Pippy is adorable. Overall, smoothly animated and with one or two good plot twists, but probably only memorable as "that episode where Jessie caught Yanma and it evolved". That's all, hope I'm not being too critical :D

That was... Interesting

Pippy was so cute with the little tiara and Team Rocket are like obsessed with the Idea there boss is nice. Ha Ha Giovanni... nice. Who thinks James should have gotten Yanmega?

Meh, this episode further proves how much PUSA needs to get their fingers out of their ass*s and start dubbing the Japanese vocal songs. No Team Rocket song a'la Pappa Para Para Para Para! really sucked. It fitted so well to the scene in the original =P. Anyway, they did keep some movie 9 music so I guess that will suffice.

And yes! Megayanmas voice was kept! It's so freaky. It was also nice to finally see/hear the real Giovanni, instead of seeing him in some TR boss fantasy. ^_^

Yes! It's awesome that they kept Yanmega's voice. I'll be back with a proper review when I watch the ep.

This Episode was just too weird for me.
Mainly because Taisei's Dub name sounds too much like my first name, Tyler!
Don't ask how, but I felt the characters were talking to ME, and every time they said his name, I would turn around to try to find out if anyone called me.

Other than that, it was a good episode.

P.S. I didn't really like that song Naix was referring to, but that's just me.

The smartest thing Team Rocket's ever done...gone to waste.

I didn't expect Giovanni to have a laptop with a Poké ball scanner.

Pippi sounds a little older than Dawn's Piplup. And that "booty-shake" is a little weird.

Yay! Chimchar!

So that's what Ancient Power looks like.

"Since when did Team Rocket get good?" Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really didn't expect Yanmega's voice to be so seriously deep and scary. That just makes it cooler!

Pippy, it's alright - has the same feeling as Chappy - and it's the kind of nickname you'd expect to be given by a young kid. Although I kind of like Chappy more.

True, but you'd have to answer to Rukia Kuchiki for the rights to the name.

All in all, I have high hopes for Tyler in the future.

This was a nice episdoe, the only thing I wish is that TR did not talk so fast...I could hardly understand them

I'll say. I had to turn up the volume every time they were on screen just so I could understand what they were saying.

I really liked this episode in Japanese, but Team Rocket's nonsensical dialog brought this episode down some. Maybe when Team Rocket goes "back to basics" they can talk like normal people.

Glad PUSA kept Megayanma's voice. It's too badass to dub.

As great as it was to finally see Team Rocket catch a pokemon for Giovanni, I fell really bad for them that they think he actually cares. It makes the episode a little depressing. I hope by the end of Diamond and Pearl they find out the truth.

I'm really disappointed that this is the only time we see Yanmega sit on peoples heads. I thought it was a cute quirk, but I guess Rocket Pokemon aren't allowed to have any cute personality for long.

Tyler was kind of annoying, and I wish Ash and friends hadn't helped him so much.

...Team Rocket having one good day of being effective is a...I don't know. I think it's BS, but swooping for the blatant steal and getting away with it was both grossly 'about time'ish and...oh come on, they are not that competent.

It was really more luck than being competent. It's nice of the writers to throw them a bone every blue moon.

I really liked the idea of the ball scanner, but I do wish to hear what Geovanni would say. Team Rocket was pretty funny as well.

Yanmega scared the crap out of me. I mean... can you say evil?

Naix said:
Meh, this episode further proves how much PUSA needs to get their fingers out of their ass*s and start dubbing the Japanese vocal songs.

4Kids had the same problem, y'know...

Like...if it weren't for "Same Old Song and Dance," 4Kids and PUSA would be pretty equal when it comes to not dubbing Japanese songs.

I didn't expect Giovanni to have a laptop with a Poké ball scanner.
Haha, me either. XD

I really didn't expect Yanmega's voice to be so seriously deep and scary. That just makes it cooler!
Yeah, I know! Yanmega's voice sounds so evil and menacing! It's a nice fit. ^^

Also, Yanmega scared me when it hit Ash and his friends with Sonic Boom like that. Wow, that really caught me by surprise, cause the move was so powerful! O_O

When I first heard Yanmega I fell off my bed, freaked out over it's voice. I then started laughing at how funny it was to finally have an evil Pokemon. It's voice really changed from it's pre-evo, huh?

It's good to hear Giovanni have his vice back.

The music was pretty good, and I love the last music piece at the very end.

Edit: What was that last song anyway?

Last edited:
Yeah, I also liked that last song at the end.

It was pretty! ^^

By the way, I've noticed that this is two times in a row where CN hasn't interrupted the credits. With both this episode and last Saturday's episode, they let us hear the instrumental version of "We Will Be Heroes" without that announcer guy talking. =D

Last edited:
The last song at the end was from movie 9 (Manaphy). Weird, it was played 3-4 times during Wallace Cup and they replaced every single one. But this time, they kept it.

7 pieces kept. Pretty standard. 2/4 movie 9 bgm were kept as well, they should've kept them all imo. But what can you do...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom