• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP27: Chim - Charred!

Yash said:
Aaron's Theme 2

Wow, that theme has an LoTR feel to it. Quite epic. No wonder Movie 8 was well done. Makes perfect sense to put that in this episode.

And nope, I've never heard of Daria before.
You've been missing out.

JB88 said:
Wow, that theme has an LoTR feel to it. Quite epic. No wonder Movie 8 was well done. Makes perfect sense to put that in this episode.
Indeed. I'm really glad that 4Kids/PUSA started keeping all of the music in the movies, they just have such a unique style in each one and the generic stock stuff loses so much of that.

Last edited:
review

This was a great episode!

I like to compare to season 1, and this episode certainly had just as much emotion as some of those great classics from the Indigo League.

A flashback of sorts would have been nice when Ash was hugging Chimchar...or else a dramatic change in background music.

Also, I did not love the background music in this episode. It was ok, but PUSA really needs to work on their music. Their calm music is great, but they need a lot of work on their battle music.

I did not love the BGM at the end. It really should have been something more dramatic, grand, and loud.

Also, when was the 2nd Johto piece? I only heard one...

I was happily surprised to see such a dramatic episode. In previous episodes, the drama had stopped before it had escalated to that point...but in this episode, it kept on going.

The title of the episode took away from the drama however. When there is such a serious episode, the title shouldn't necessarily be a "cute" pun.

This episode earned an A! What stopped it from getting an A+ was basically just the poor choices of background music in certain scenes.

Chimchar redefined the term "going ape-sh*t". lol

I'm impressed by how well the writers are developing the DP characters. It seems like they're taking their time with Paul and Dawn... although I did like the coordinator squad of rivals in BF. I wish there was some way to resuscitate the main chars. from the Johto era though... just left those personalities in the dust. I digress. This was a good ep! Paul is so badass.

Chimchar redefined the term "going ape-sh*t". lol

That counts three people saying that so far...

Yash said:
I'm really glad that 4Kids/PUSA started keeping all of the music in the movies, they just have such a unique style in each one and the generic stock stuff loses so much of that.

The ending is just fantastic, I love it everytime I hear it. That last shot of Ash and Chimchar while that was playing--great sync.

The title for this episode should have been called "Chimchar goes ape shit!"

Hopefuly they'll at least save the title for a future Chimmy ep.

Yeah, Im thinking between Canalave and Snowpoint. Maybe when they have to re-climb Mt Coronet?

Chimchar is being handled better than Charmander, I don't see how its a ripoff.

Charmander didn't have some kind of hidden power that Damian was trying to tap into. Case in point, Chimchar is not a ripoff.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom