• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP36: Camping It Up!

peno

Reaction score
So, this is start of Summer School miniarc and episode we will find out Aoi's dub name. Watch out for some exciting battles and fights :lol:

(I really want to made this review thread at least once and I can't resist to take such great opportunity)

We already know it. It's Angie.

Unless they changed something at last-minute.
Sorry, didn't notice. Though I admit I wasn't that rigorous to find this out and I give it up when nothing was mentioned in her Bulbapedia article :-/ Lesson for me.

Sorry, didn't notice. Though I admit I wasn't that rigorous to find this out and I give it up when nothing was mentioned in her Bulbapedia article :-/ Lesson for me.

Bulbapedia has "until it airs" policy so you won't find any pre-airing details there. When it comes to not-so-confirmed things, Bulbapedia is not a good source.

Heh, this animation looks pretty good.

I like Jessie's disguise a lot.

Creepy stalker Conway comes back again.

Angie sounds a lot like Zoey.

Jessie finally have Smoochum heh

lol at Meowth and James not stealing the box when they have the chance.

Love how Rowan got that upset at them for fighting just great.

Is this a school or a seret millitary academy, making them run like that.

Lol at dawn throwing a pillow at stalker Conway.

Trying to show off your muscles eh Brock.

Well, technically the lights WERE out.

....mascohist Angie....

lol at a sleepy motto.

rofl Jessie got thunderbolted hugging her Smoochum.

Interesting battle

oh oh, Angie and Ash pounded it does that mean they are Soulmates!!

lol at Ash's team not winning at all.

heh this was a good episode, alright. Can't wait to see the rest.

You didn't know she was a girl, Ash? Thank you, Rowan. It's about time someone put them in their place. I think I understand why Ash is so much of a dunce except when it comes to pokemon now. Oh gosh, the Conway innuendo. It sure is interesting to see a female trainer be this way. I'm sure the rest of this arc will be equally interesting.

And now I know how all the pedo jokes about Conway started. -__-

Seriously. The guy's even creepier than ever.

For being so tomboyish, Angie is seriously cute!

Of course, Monferno rules. It just makes me want Chimchar to evolve even more.

And now we know how Magnemite eats! Thanks, Brock!

I never thought I'd see the day where Grimer would actually be cute. But you, Dawn, have shown me the light.

Ash needs to sport that lightning-bolt hairdo more often.

Jessie loves that Smoochum way too much!

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna watch this episode again.

For being so tomboyish, Angie is seriously cute!
Being in Canada, I haven't seen the dubbed version yet, but I'll say this much: I didn't think much of Aoi/Angie at first, I didn't like her hair and androgynous design. But she really grew on me throughout this arc as well as another upcoming episode she appears in. Her interactions with Ash are really fun to watch.
I never thought I'd see the day where Grimer would actually be cute. But you, Dawn, have shown me the light.
I have this funny feeling that Dawn could make any Pokemon cute.

The thing that stands out was how terrible the magnemite looked floating around Brock while the battles where happening.

Anyone else notice that the playing cards had pictures of Pokemon on them? Nice touch. Looks like they were playing old maid.

Looks like they were playing old maid.

They just said they were playing trumps in the Japanese version, but I'm clueless about cards (I don't know anything besides Go Fish, honestly), so I don't know if that applies to anything. ^^;

This episode is love and Angie's a pretty good choice, if it is her dub name!

Did Aoi originally mention she's working at her parents daycare center?

I dont know, but Angie really impressed me. When the original came out, I hated the girl. Now, she's not so bad. She sounded too much like Zoey in the begining though.

Animation was pointy...

"Dont just imagine, stay tuned!" the narrators gettin pretty bold there.

The episode itself was good. Scared Raichu and cute Grimer were entertaining. And the Ash-Angie thing looks interesting. One criticism though, the dialogue this episode really grated at me - Conway's strange lines especially.

A neat episode!

Though, I don't know yet what to make of Angie. She looks even more tomboyish than Anabel and her voice is quite "croaky"- too croaky if you ask me. I'm not sure if I can get to like the idea of her having a crush on our Ash :S Anabel was prettier, no doubt.
In addition, do you think that Angie fits in here? The different characters of Ash, Dawn and Brock are very well balanced, but nevertheless another hothead is presented to us now. Let's see what she's made of! I hope she'll prove herself a worthy teammate and friend of Ash.

Some more impressions:

I liked how Ash and Angie were sleeping during class simultaneously. That reminded me of myself during certain lectures :D

The "Lights out" call, the scene where our heroes and Angie sit together playing cards and the academy building in general kinda reminded me of barracks rather than of a educational institution. But it was funny, anyway :sweatlol:

To be honest, I thought that Raichu would be the perfect choice for Ash because Pikachu could teach it everthing it knows. But unfortunately, Pikachu did nothing important actually. I bet that Raichu would have been unbeatable otherwise.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the battle between the two "hotheads". It was quite intense and some awesome moves and strategies were shown. (It wouldn't have hurt if we had heard the decision of the judges! Was it a draw in the end?)

All in all, that was a successful introductory episode to a mini-arc, the sequel of which I'm already looking forward to!
The Summer Academy is a nice setting, competitions and tournaments in general are always great and we're gradually getting to know a new character who perhaps ends up being of major importance for the plot.
I'm very excited!

6.5 / 7 out of 10 points!

A neat episode!

Though, I don't know yet what to make of Angie. She looks even more tomboyish than Anabel and her voice is quite "croaky"- too croaky if you ask me. I'm not sure if I can get to like the idea of her having a crush on our Ash :S Anabel was prettier, no doubt.
In addition, do you think that Angie fits in here? The different characters of Ash, Dawn and Brock are very well balanced, but nevertheless another hothead is presented to us now. Let's see what she's made of! I hope she'll prove herself a worthy teammate and friend of Ash.

Some more impressions:

I liked how Ash and Angie were sleeping during class simultaneously. That reminded me of myself during certain lectures :D

The "Lights out" call, the scene where our heroes and Angie sit together playing cards and the academy building in general kinda reminded me of barracks rather than of a educational institution. But it was funny, anyway :sweatlol:

To be honest, I thought that Raichu would be the perfect choice for Ash because Pikachu could teach it everthing it knows. But unfortunately, Pikachu did nothing important actually. I bet that Raichu would have been unbeatable otherwise.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the battle between the two "hotheads". It was quite intense and some awesome moves and strategies were shown. (It wouldn't have hurt if we had heard the decision of the judges! Was it a draw in the end?)

All in all, that was a successful introductory episode to a mini-arc, the sequel of which I'm already looking forward to!
The Summer Academy is a nice setting, competitions and tournaments in general are always great and we're gradually getting to know a new character who perhaps ends up being of major importance for the plot.
I'm very excited!

6.5 / 7 out of 10 points!

EDIT:

I've just found a appropriate description of Angie's character written by Medea at serebiiforums:
Angie...She just reminds me so much of Morrison. Same appetite and same [stupid] attitude that Ash has (when it come to being competitive). In fact, she's the scary combination of Morrison and Anabel if you want me to say anything on that factor.
A good comment which hits the nail on the head in my opinion!
Nevertheless, I can't fully agree: I think you mustn't call her "scary", as she's quite likeable actually

They just said they were playing trumps in the Japanese version, but I'm clueless about cards (I don't know anything besides Go Fish, honestly), so I don't know if that applies to anything. ^^;

This episode is love and Angie's a pretty good choice, if it is her dub name!

I'm actually pretty sure they didn't mention anything in the original, because I mentioned in a different forum that they were playing old maid, and no one corrected me. And it looks a lot like old maid.

I did like how Ash knew what a Monferno was despite this is the first time he saw one.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom