• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP39: One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
The Summer Academy comes to a close. Huzzah! I thought it was a nice fresh breath of air, these four episodes. We certainly need more of these down the road sometime.

So, opinions? Complaints?

'One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team' review thread.

Surprised noone made this thread already. Anyways, the animation was quite good of course.

Conway, Pedophille Forme again.

Wow, Jessie must be that attractive if GIRLS are massaging her too lol.

Angie has a crush, and Ash is oblivius. Of course.

THERE you are James, boy we were worried you disappeared for good.

Of course, you and Meowth don't need to be sneaky.

Hippowdon. Lol, at least it doesn't look fugly(like Takeda made his).

I would have tried to exchange too Jessie

WTF, Garchomp, Drapion, Camerupt, ARBOK!!! Bit too powerful for young kids, aren't they lol. Happy to see Arbok again.

Conway must clean his glasses a lot, always shining.

Notice lots of good Kanto music.

Heh, nice that Jessie gets Magikarp. Surprised James didn't go into a rage over it or something.

Creepy Conway again.

Yay, Jessie gets ahead.

Wait Conway Pedophille Forme is transforming!!!! Congradulations, Conway Pedophille Forme has transformed into Conway Pervert Forme!!!

What person WOULDN't run away from Conway like that Jessie?

Nice to see Seviper again.

Ash, noone can see what Jessie does in a cave so hah. If only characters can hear background music. They'll know who she was for sure.

Jessie and Conway need to learn slow and steady wins the race.

James, wouldn't she be fuming from anger if her credit card bounced?

WOW they were there first and pretty much every team beat them.

Nice to see that James and Meowth didn't eally care about the Pokemon lol

Awww, it was cute to see those kids so inspired by Jessie.

Great arc, the first and last episodes really made it shine. Great animators all arounf.

...why in the hell is there an unmarked giant hole in the dimly lit cave? You'd think they would put up a rail or something. What, did I miss a moment where a Pokémon attack created it?

The whole sequence with Jessie and Conway at the end was pretty weird. I actually laughed out loud. XD Jessie dragging Seviper by the tail was a nice touch. Conway gets creepier with every episode he appears in.

Anyone else think the race seemed rather unbalanced? It was pretty much just luck of the draw. Eh, at least Ash riding Spoink and Jessie and the Magikarp were amusing, and Brock riding an Onix was a neat continuity nod. The whole episode felt like a remake of that Ponyta episode. But at least on that occassion you could train your own Pokémon instead of just picking a random ball and going with it.

Aw, that end with Jessie and her fanboys/girls was somewhat heart warming. That and James and Meowth completely forgetting their plans while the rainbow-hair assistants wheeled balls in the background was grin-inducing.

Heh, Ariados and Angie web-slinging.

Ash riding a Mantyke. :D I'd kill for Ash to have a Mantyke/Mantine some day.

Okay ep for the most part, but Jessie and Conway seriously made the episode.

Last edited:
Team Rocket had been doing pretty good dialog wise throughout this whole arc, but I guess PUSA decided to make up for it with some awful line. As much as it continues to bug me how James and Meowth don't seem to care as much for Jessie as Kojiro and Nyasu do for Musashi, that whole mall/credit card thing was just completely out of place. Yeah PUSA, we see Jessie shopping at the mall with a credit card all the time. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they got it out all of their system for next week...

On the Ash/Angie side of things, I didn't like that scene at the end with Angie. That whole "Friends, right?" scene had a completely different meaning originally. Aoi sounded heartbroken because Satoshi just wanted to be friends, but Angie sounded worried that they wouldn't be friends at all. PUSA still has this problem of characters saying the right line, but with a completely different tone. I really wonder how much time they spend watching the original version before they dub.

Jessie was pretty funny in this episode.

Otherwise, just ok. To much of a repeat of the Pokemon marathon from Kanto.

Last edited:
MorpheusShippers, start your engines!

I didn't think Spoink would be able to go that fast even with Ash on its back.

Conway's creepy antics never cease to amuse me!

“Spring in your step?” How does Seviper “step”?

LOL at Rowan's checkered flag.

“I have a feeling we forgot something.” When Rowan’s assistants walked by, I completely cracked up!

Hopefully they got it out all of their system for next week...

I get the distinct feeling that that may not come true. I could be wrong, but I hope they don't talk at the speed of light.

I get the distinct feeling that that may not come true. I could be wrong, but I hope they don't talk at the speed of light.

No, they'll talk at the speed of light, then everyone will surrender now and prepare to fight.

I heard Jessie say something about a "claptrap", hopefully that wasn't a "pot calling the kettle black" type of moment.

I guess they changed Angie's mood to non-heartbroken because they didn't want the flow of the arc to end on a sour note like that. Everyone else has a happy ending but Angie gets "rejected"? That originally left a bad taste in my mouth. I actually liked Angie being ok with being friends than Aoi being upset that a boy doesn't like her that way.

Well, the main thing that jumped up at me during this episode when Rowan waved his flag. I swear, he was waving it to the point where I thought his mouth open, which made me that that he was talking, instead of his lab assistant.

Other than that, it was a episode, in my opinion, one of the best fillers in D/P. We got Conway action, which is never a bad thing, even if it were in excess, and Jessie seemed to have a rather youthful heart, even I still think she's really old.

It was also fun to see that Team Rocket forgotten about their goal, with the on-screen irony right behind them.

And... Then AshxAngie. I'll keep my mouth shut about how I feel about that, less I'll literally get clobbered in my own home about the statement I had.

A good episode.

The final two BGM tracks are two of my very favorites!!

I would have liked to have seen a good-bye scene between Dawn and Conway.

Otherwise, not too much to report...good animation.

Score: A-

What I didnt like (and this happens a lot) are the lines that all start with the same letter. Like: "Possy of pompous punks" or something annoying like that D:

So, that was it, the final Pokemon Summer Academy episode!

The only thing that bothered me a bit was that Ash and Angie had been in the lead all the time from the beginning of the triathlon on. Hence, the result could be predicted from the point of time on when they got their first Pokemon. That was a bit too obvious if you ask me. And it was also a shame that the writers presented my venerable, glorious Garchomp as a clumsy oaf. It doesn't deserve being treated like that!!!:-/

The scenes with Jessie and Conway were definitely hilarious. I almost felt sorry for Jessie, because she always got the seemingly most inappropriate Pokemon of all. At first I thought "Oh no, even Jessie doesn't deserve being "punished" with a Pokemon that doesn't know one single useful attack" , but that Magicarp fortunately turned out to be quite fast. ^^

Unfortunately ,I haven't managed to see through Conway's intentions yet. What in the world does he mean by his "keeping tabs on Dawn /Jessie" ? Is this his way of saying "I have a crush on you" ?? I see no alternative to be honest,so, what do you think?

As many of you have already mentioned, the "Comedian of the day" award goes to James and Meowth this week for forgetting their actual goal and having just a good time while Rowan's staff is walking by with the Pokéballs :yahoo:

Today's highlight was, of course, Ash saving Angie again. Every episode where Ash appears as the "hero of the day" can't be bad.
Another great and outstanding Ash performance, a feast for every Ash-Fan. In general, Ash-Fans have really been spoiled during this awesome arc. I guess, we can't complain, can we?
Awww, wasn't the last scene with Ash and Angie under the starry sky romantic?
Some may disaggre, but I have the feeling that Ash showed his affection for a girl for the very first time!! If you take a look at the close-up of Ash's face, you cannot help feeling that he not only likes Angie but really feels "more" for her. The expression on his face alone was all too obvious!AshxAngie... Although I used to be an AbilityShipper, I think I can get to like this new and promising shippig!
I also heard that Angie was soon going to turn up again. If that's true, I'm looking forward to our heroes, and above all Ash, meeting up with her again.

Apart from the result being too obvious, this was another awesome episode and a worthy conclusion of a great four-part arc.

6.5/ 7 out of 10 points

Some may disaggre, but I have the feeling that Ash showed his affection for a girl for the very first time!! If you take a look at the close-up of Ash's face, you cannot help feeling that he not only likes Angie but really feels "more" for her. The expression on his face alone was all too obvious!

Apparently, you didn't watch "School of Hard Knocks."

and Brock riding an Onix was a neat continuity nod.

It was? Brock made no mention of his Onix, I just thought the writers were lazy and re-used some stock material from the last time Brock raced on Onix, or from that BF filler with Brock on Onix.

Anyway good ep, I like Angie.

why would he? He already mentioned he owned Onix once this saga. Do you want him to say 'I had an Onix' every time he saw onw?

Really liked this episode! Jessie with her magikarp and Conway being a creepy stalker once again was so funny! they were the once who made this episode so funny :p Also loved the ending scene with Ash and Angie :)! Though the japanese version made it more..cute:p I bet it was because of the background music that was played there ;-)

Only thing i didn't liked was that in the dub, Angie was worried if they were friends "We are friends, right?" while in the japanese version she was heartbroken and said "Friends huh?" I felt so sad for her there in the japanese version while here in the dub...well...not:p

Can't wait to see Angie again! She's a great character!

And here is the final episode of the summer school arc. The first piece, where is that from? How come Dawn has to be the mediator between Ash and Angie? Also, I don't get whenever someone asks a person who's in a embarrassed/tough spot what's wrong, the other has to yell out nothing's wrong and leave? It's kinda annoying, why can't they just nervously say "nothing" than leave. It suits better than yelling like that, it doesn't fit well.

Dammit Conway for being so creepy. Joy, you'll be right there, but when they're off way out there, how can they come for your help? Shouldn't you do the running? Man, these young-minions go really well with Jessie. I didn't like TR's overall role here, they didn't do much.

Wow, Piplup back in its ball?? Haven't seen that in a while! And the marathon begins. Hah, Brock with an Onix? Come on...how can Ash be happy with that Spoink? I'd be upset. Ariados would freak me out Dawn got the best one. Aah! Kanto gym music of old!! I miss this piece! lol at Ariados doing some webslinging. I like how all the Pokemon need something to say to move along faster. They can't say that they're already at their limit or anything.

Damn, what a commotion. Conway with a Dugtrio is pure win. Sneaky to make holes to eliminate the competition. More Kanto gym leader music! Yay! No, Angie, it's not Ash. *rolls eyes* Everyone's got better Pokemon at this segment. Wait, what? How did everyone go back in the race after that pile-up? I thought they'd give up...Damn it, Ash an' Angie alike moment. Why didn't everyone else tell their Pokemon to speed up while Jessie skirted past them? Conway flipping sides, bleh...

Wow, this is so wacky! How did Conway start stalking Conway? This is becoming crazy. Wow, what a move by Seviper. lol at the professor jumping out of the balloon so fast. lol at James's screw-up. I think Conway needs to be fit. He could've won it then. Yeah Joy, that's the primary reason why you're there.

Brock, I thought you didn't need this, knowing your expertise...James and Meowth barely did anything this whole arc. It's cause of Jessie. This might be the first time ever that Jessie's recieved support and compassion from her young-minions.

lol, too bad Angie goes to "summer academies". Wow, Ash, what a lame line. You're friends with everyone. That scene didn't turn out as I thought it would be.

This episode wrapped up the arc well, nothing different about it.

Apparently, you didn't watch "School of Hard Knocks."

Sorry, but I can't remember it right now.
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the scene you were referring to? I could compare it better then.

Now, I've actually watched this episode three times. It was really entertaining and a fun thing to watch. Awesome!
Pokemon has saved the day once again ^^

It was a fun episode. The best Summer School episodes was this episode and the first episode.

I hope Conway will come back someday and I love that Aoi (Angie) has a crush on Ash and he's too dense to notice. Hoenn had a lot of great love moments where Ash was too dense about love and I miss that aspect of the Hoenn Saga that I would have liked to seen in Sinnoh, too.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom