• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP41: Playing The Leveling Field!

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
The frenchie herself appears. And Ash wants some early victory over her. Can he do it?!

Non. =P

I
FRACKING
HATE
THOSE
THUMBS!!

Other than that it was an entertaining episode. I wish happiny did more. Fantina's Fenchcent was a tad jarring.

Kinoshita jumped all over with her animation. With TR it was good, with the rest it was medicore.

Anyways, that French accent of hers is pretty good, love it.

I wasn't expecting Zoey to be in this episode.

Yep, Mismagius just kicked Zoey's ass. heh

That was some weird French Brock was speaking.

Nice bit of continuity with James thinking of Juan as a leader/top cooridinator.

Yanmega looks pretty good in this shot, and you'd think Jessie had such a good strategy too videotaping Fantina...

Love how when Ash is ready to chew Fantina out, Jessidiah blocks their way heh.

Why is Meowth wearing sunglasses....

Fantina's story is interesting. Do wish we saw more of Gengar but hey, that's what it gets for being a Kanto Pokemon.

Good to see the Mayor and that kid with the Probopass too. Nice to know he exists.

You have got to be kidding Dawn. Deciding to battle someone with a coin toss. Instead of playing rock paper scissors, you use a fuckin' coin toss. Get real.

And then you use it again. To decide who goes first. WTF. Seriously, going first in a battle is really not that hard to decide. why oh why did they have her get that app.

Heh, Drifloon is actually pretty good. I like how it basically tosses Buizel around like a rag doll ouch.

The battle between it and Chimchar was pretty good too. I especially like how it turned Chimchar's flames into a Will-o-wisp.

Hmm, even Pikachu couldn't win against Drifiblim.

Sorry Jessie, but Yanmega can't learn Ominous wind, lol.

And I just noticed Fantina's dress is based off a Drifloon.

Hey look, Mime.Jr is there for no real reason. At least it's alive.

Like how Yanmega just says it couldn't dodge like a.....balloon. Though in the end shot it looked as though it was crying.

Overall, it was a good episode. Nothing too special.

Seeing Zoey get pwned is sweet. Fantina has her French accent. Brock suddenly turned to Pepe LePew. Dawn did a Charlie Brown face. Hypnosis abuse, much? Somebody invoke the Sleep clause. And why does Hypnosis all of a sudden cause Whismur eyes? Pretty good ep, let's see how the rematch turns out.

That intro music was from one of the movies, but I can't remember which one.

I really love Mismagius! I don't care whose it is!

Aww, poor Zoey got her butt handed to her.

Fantina's accent is pretty good, but it's all over the place!

When Jessie called her Yanmega out for the first time, I could've sworn it sounded like it was laughing.

Yay! It's the Probopass guy!

That Drifloon/Drifblim was pretty good, but she didn't have to spam that Hypnosis move.

OH! SUCH A BRUTE! :O

Fantina made my day.

Brock: "Hey, Zoey? Do you have any idea what she just said?"
Zoey: "Uh-uh."

Last edited:
Sadly I didn't get to watch the entire episode, but of what I did see, I loved Fantina's accent.

Not a big fan really. Fantina's the seccond Sinnoh person with a French accent. Cool I guess...

I liked Dawn's Charlie Brown face.

Brock had one tangent in the begining about Magical Leaf that went right over my head.

This wasnt one of Kinoshita's best episodes either.

Did PUSA move the opening or something? It seemed shoehorned between the two scenes, then there was a weird fade out before the title card.

I really loved Fantina's French accent, but the rest of the episode felt off to me. The dialog in this episode just didn't quite feel right for some reason, and PUSA's BGM is really really boring. I know that's nothing new, but it kinda got to me during Ash's battle. This episode didn't exactly excite me the first time I watched it in Japanese either.

Yanmega looks pretty good in this shot, and you'd think Jessie had such a good strategy too videotaping Fantina...

Let's just be thankful she actually learns from her mistake.

Why is Meowth wearing sunglasses....

Because he looks adorable in them of course. :)

Not a big fan really. Fantina's the seccond Sinnoh person with a French accent. Cool I guess...

I think the majority Sinnoh is heavily based off of Western Europe. Unless that's what towns look like in Northern Japan, of course.

This was one of the episode where I would say WTF. Right now I feel like knocking Ash out in the head. Its have to lose to a balloon, a freaking balloon Pokemon. You would think from its low defenses it would lose, but I guess its taken on like how Pikachu could take on so many hits and still be fine. BUt it was out of whack to me one way or another.

But not it has its bad moments, but I did enjoy from Jesse unrealistic dreams about Yanmega, that part made me crack up so much, especially the end. And also when she butted Ash out of the way to talk with Fantina, that made me laugh.

And Fantina isn't exactly my favorite, but I love her French accent. I was in French mood this morning, so it was fun and different to hear. But she looks to me drag queen for some reason. But its only me.

ImJessieTR said:
Ash needs to play rock music or something during battle. :D
That would rock! :D

...*shot*

Rocket Girl said:
The dialog in this episode just didn't quite feel right for some reason, and PUSA's BGM is really really boring.
One stinker line that stuck out to me was Ash's "She's holding a Pokéball!" line. Really, Ash? That could have been written in a million different, better ways.

And you'd think they would wait until Jessie's wearing those awful yellow glasses to throw in a crack about her terrible taste in eyewear. XP

This was one of the episode where I would say WTF. Right now I feel like knocking Ash out in the head. Its have to lose to a balloon, a freaking balloon Pokemon. You would think from its low defenses it would lose, but I guess its taken on like how Pikachu could take on so many hits and still be fine. BUt it was out of whack to me one way or another.
A freaking Ghost-type balloon Pokémon that allegedly tries to kidnap children to Hell. D: I actually thought using Drifloon of all things to whoop Ash's ass worked to show how great of a Trainer Fantina is. And besides, Drifloon seriously needed some screentime where it actually did stuff, anyway.

Anyone else love how Paul and Zoey just pop up all over the place?

The Probopass kid (Adam?) appearing was a good example of contiuity. Even though I hated that episode. The thing is, though... so Fantina left after beating Adam, Ash came and left during her absence, Fantina returned and fought Adam again before leaving, and then Ash came back and she was gone again? XD Good timing, twerps.

The Probopass kid (Adam?)

Allan
Did Fantina say anything about her Drifloon hatching from an egg? I think she said that in the Japanese version
And I wonder if this Allan cameo is hinting he'll return... he could be a nice rival to Ash... it's too suspicious to me that they'll randomly cmaeo a random COTD and also bother to let us know he got a badge... I won't be surprised if he'll appear again eventually

.....no wonder. I never played Platinium so.....

In that case, it would be interesting if it learned it.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom