• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP42: Doc Brock!

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
Pachi falls ill and Brock is off elsewhere. It's up to Ash and Dawn to make sure everything's all right.

All I can say is Gliscor pretty much made the episode. ^_^

Review/Discuss/etc...

My favorite part was the ending where they cut off the narrator because they realized they forgot about Gliscor!

I find it pretty damn funny that CN played the 4Kids logo at the end of the credits :D

If you go to 4kids.tv, it isn't listed, and it's common knowledge that PUSA has the series now.
And it's not even their current logo.

I find it pretty damn funny that CN played the 4Kids logo at the end of the credits :D

If you go to 4kids.tv, it isn't listed, and it's common knowledge that PUSA has the series now.

If you also check out 4kidsentertainment.com, it's also not listed as a property.

By the way, LOVED the episode. Gliscor really made my day! :-D

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

The end was really funny because Gliscor sounded mad, but in the original it was sad. I also liked Gliscor pretending to be sick Pachirisu (I think it worked (funnier) better in the dub then the original).

Once again, Shimuera is such a great animator.

lol at Ash sleeping while thinking.

Did they do that whole 'trip and fall' pun with Brock in the Japanese version?

Jessie is an active believer of reverse psychology but not in favor of logic. Of course the twerps won't answer TR =p

Well, finally we see Pachrisu exists. lol.

That was a....random scene with chopsticks and chips. Why in the world woul you even need chopsticks for that?

Ash must be sleepy today.

hmmm, perhaps the twerps shouldn't rely on Brock so much. Hate to see what would happen if he theoratically died.

Gliscor had its hopes up and everything and Ash shot it's dreams down.

I like how all of the Pokemon are getting some screentime.

Heh, Ash mistook Sudowoodo for a tree.

Dawn, stop acting like a brat towards Ash. It's not like he wanted to kill it with cold water. Besides, one dose of cold water is NOT going to make anyone sick....

A random Zapdos in Sinnoh lol.

Did James say 'blah blah blah pee off of Psyduck's back at 500 yards'? Sure sounded like that to me 0_0

Wow Ash, you could be a bit more supportive to Gliscor you know?

Yeah, totally carry a heavy Gliscor on your back...

Dawn, howin the world will fruit help?

Nice reference to the first AG episode.

yay, Brock saved the day with common sense.

Lol, TR's motto was pretty funny with the Wind, Earth, Sky part of it.

Sure felt like a long time since we heard the Sinnoh motto.

And of course, TR gets tortured...

heh, gliscor got left behind. Surprised the thing doesn't have self-esteem issues.

overall, good episode. Nice to see the Pokemon group again.

Glisor! Glisor!

Ash: You want to find Brock? Great idea, Staravia! Go find him!

Glisor: TT_TT
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ash: Looks like this tree doesn't have any berry....
Sudowoodo: ........
Ash: O.O; sorry....

I loved this episode!! It was so funny!

Yet another reference and continuity to an AG episode in DP. I'm still wondering where the Johto saga references are.

The title really shouldn't have been about Brock, he's barely in this episode even though he helps them at the end.

The Pokemon are always out of their Pokeballs in DP, its like they're actually real animals for once instead of battling tools.

I thought no one noticed right away, but I was wrong. I laughed when I saw that. They didn't credit everyone who voiced in the show.

But I liked it. There were lots of funny moments. Ash sleeping, Piplup getting dissed by Dawn when she rather have Pikachu to help her. Gliscor being a fool as always. I laughed how Brock abandoned Gliscor. What the heck.

But it was fun ^_^.

I'm thinking that CN probably has a stock set of credits they air when they squish the credits down like that to show an ad for another show. I'm pretty sure they occasionally show some 4Kids dubbed eps, so that's probably why the logo was in there. No doubt we won't see it on the DVD release.

This was a great filler episode, and the ending actually had me laughing out loud. If only we had more fillers like this.

Did James say 'blah blah blah pee off of Psyduck's back at 500 yards'? Sure sounded like that to me 0_0

I did a double take when I heard that too, but I'm pretty sure we both misheard it. I'm sure one of the obsessive types who watches the show with closed captioning on will answer thta for us.

A random Zapdos in Sinnoh lol.

Thats because this episode aired the day platinum came out and in that game it can be found roaming sinnoh to bad no one will get the refrence for a while in my opinion this why they might need to go on a one month hiatis.

I recall a few years ago they mistakenly used the ChunSoft copyright screen at the end of BF credits.

So, the gang gets to take over for Brock for a day? Let's see what goes on. Brock does so much for them, and they get free time to concentrate on their stuff. Lol, Gliscor gets left out. Oh, it looks like it gets to go after all. Random Zapdos. Aww, Croagunk wants to help, but like Brock, gets shoved into the background. Yes, learn first aid so that we can phase Brock out completely! >:D There isn't much to this episode other than trying to stress how much they need Brock, but it's too little too late for me.

I did a double take when I heard that too, but I'm pretty sure we both misheard it. I'm sure one of the obsessive types who watches the show with closed captioning on will answer thta for us.
I don't have CC anymore (
Gaiacrying.gif
), but it sounded like "That weapon could take a pea off a Psyduck's back at 500 yards" to me.

I still don't get how PUSA can dub the movie one way and the TV show another way.

Did they do that whole 'trip and fall' pun with Brock in the Japanese version?

Surprisingly, yes they did. And like grunting thing from the Team Rocket episode, it was stupid and pointless in Japanese, and stupid and pointless in English.

Gliscor, however, was sad in the Japanese version, not mad. Kinda strange they'd change that since he obviously doesn't look mad.

That was a....random scene with chopsticks and chips. Why in the world would you even need chopsticks for that?

So they don't get their hands greasy like Meowth was saying.

Like others said Ash mistaking Sudowoodo for a tree and Glicsor's antics really made this episode. It's just too bad the Zapdos reference will fly over everyone's head. (No pun intended) We also get some good Pachirisu focus and see what life would be like without Brock. Definitely one of the more enjoyable fillers of the season.

Is this the only time we see a main girl successful at cooking? Stereotypes?

how is that a stereotype? If all the girls were good at cooking, it would be.

I only got the last half, but heres my thoughts:

Dawn is annoying
Staravia did something
Brock talks to himself too much

Nice filler though :D

Definetly one of my favorites of season 11. I just love Gliscor so much. <3 The ending, the scene with Ash sending out Staravia, Brock randomly tripping, Ash mistaking Sudowoodo for a tree, and Team Rocket pretty much saying "Screw Zapdos, let's go get that Staravia!" (although they never would have been able to chase Zapdos anyway, so whatever) all actually made me laugh.

Did anyone else really enjoy seeing Ash and Dawn fight? I remember back when DP started in Japan and everyone once thought they were going to be continually fussing and it only turned out to be like that in one episode. Too bad that didn't really happen, but I enjoyed seeing them not be so perfect and super-friendly, if only for a moment.

Did anyone else really enjoy seeing Ash and Dawn fight? I remember back when DP started in Japan and everyone once thought they were going to be continually fussing and it only turned out to be like that in one episode. Too bad that didn't really happen, but I enjoyed seeing them not be so perfect and super-friendly, if only for a moment.

That is true, I think one of the Japanese DP sites even said that Dawn liked to bicker and argue...yet...that never happened in the show.

I think originally the writers intended Dawn to be very arrogant about her style/looks/whatever and argue with Ash, but then as we went on they decided to go in the ultra-girly fashion-fetish route.

I guess the contest stereotype forced them to go in this direction.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom