• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP48: The Treasure Is All Mine!

What's about the BGM for this ep? If I'm not wrong they kept all BGM from the original in the last 3 eps but now that the Galactic arc is over... I guess it's back to the usual mix of dub and original?

So how did they work around the ridiculously untranslatable original password?

Does JB have the same voice actress as Jessie? :p

If I remember correctly, Rachael Lillis did the original voice for Jessibelle, Will be interested to see if they've kept to the original voice

That was clever how they worked Jessibelle back into the show as we haven't really seen here in a long time. This episode was a good look into James's past, something which is always nice to see.

Well this was a fun little filler, wasn't it? An appearance by Jessiebelle after all these years was certainly fun for the nostalgics. The episode may not have been as crazy as Holy Matrimony, but it felt a little more together than that episode. Jessiebelle flying in on the couch held up by helicopters was hy-larious, and I couldn't help but give a chuckle when Jessie and James used those atrocious British/Pirate accents.

It was interesting to see that James actually HAD feelings for Jessiebelle when they first met.

As for the dubbing - There wasn't any dialogue that stuck out as being particularly groan-worthy or annoying, but dub music makes its unwelcome return. You win some, you lose some.

Ah, the continuation of an ep from the first season. So, this whole business was James's own fault? Well, not really, their parents took it way out of proportion. I still also suspect his parents orchestrated their meeting, hoping that they would get together. It's nice to see them remember something from that long ago, but I guess it's from already seeing the pics from the JP airing that I'm not as shocked as I was then about seeing Jessiebelle again.

Lol at Jessiebelle at the end: You're not running properly.

This was a fun episode, it seemed short, but it was still a great one.

And now we wait for the dreaded episode (next week).

As for the dubbing - There wasn't any dialogue that stuck out as being particularly groan-worthy or annoying, but dub music makes its unwelcome return. You win some, you lose some.

Not a surprise, but still, that's too bad about the music.

I wonder what TPCI's thinking is... "These Galactic episodes are so awesome- we can't touch the music from this episode! This 'normal' episode isn't so special, so yeah- let's use our music"?

Basically, when something special goes on in the show, TPCI keeps the original music? (Same with the movies- they're special.) What mindset about TPCI's music does that suggest (whether they intend to suggest it or not)?

I am grateful that the Galactic episodes kept their BGM.

I'm grateful for that too. But, while I'm not surprised that we're going back to the dub music, I'm still very, very disappointed.

Just fucking fire those music people already. This show is so much better off without them.

Why doesn't James just frikkin take Growlie with him? I've been waiting too long for this occurence.

Well, I'll say this about the episode's music.

At least the Dub kept about a dozen pieces of original BGM, which is far more than 4Kids would have kept. But at this point, that's like saying that raw meat tastes better than coal.

I have to agree with Dogasu, I'm really disappionted that they can't stay consistant.

Also it was really weird in the beginning were Team Rocket tried using pirate accents but they failed really badly at it.

There plan was pretty stupid also I mean how did they get the costumes so quickly but I why should I question that logic in this show.

Who new Ash could remember something that happened 12 years ago.

Is it just me or are they now using more american food on the show on purpose?

Wait, why couldn't James go as himself?

Growlie is just conviently in the Sinnoh Mansion for some reason and it disapeared in a minute.

If they just had James marry Jessebelle there'd be no team rocket so why should Ash help him, but it'd probably mean less training for Ash.

Wow the box is a transformer!

Wow that box is awsome!

What a great episode!

I didn't care much for the first half but I really enjoyed the second half.

Last edited:
Guess I'm the only one who didn't notice the dub music then...

Well this was a fun little filler, wasn't it?

This wasn't even close to a filler. We learned some very important information about James' past, like you said.

Mostly I'm very happy about the episode because the scrip actually wasn't horrid! Sure, there were a few bad lines here or there, but overall it was almost as enjoyable as the original. :) Seeing James crush over Jessibelle was sooooooo cute, and I'm glad PCI threw in a "You're not running properly!" for old times sake.

Though I had to laugh when Ash kept talking about his Gym battle. Yeah Ash, better get ready for that...

I love it!
-A unique plot
-References the original series
-Growlie makes an appearance
-An actual surprise ending I never expected that was also very funny.

It even ends with "you're not running properly!" Glad to know they still throw the occasional bone to their older fans, even if it takes several dozen episodes to happen again.

Also, James knew what a Skitty was way back then, yet no one seemed to know there were more than 150 Pokémon a few years afterward. Odd.
Why doesn't James just frikkin take Growlie with him? I've been waiting too long for this occurence.
I'm glad he didn't. This way I don't have to see my favorite Pokémon getting curb stomped almost every episode, and he'll never trade or release it. Even if it only gets limited appearances, it's nice to know he's pretty much eternally in the ownership of a major character.
This wasn't even close to a filler. We learned some very important information about James' past, like you said.
By some definitions of filler (particularly "any episode that does not advance the plot"), it is. By some, such as yours, it's not.

Last edited:
Guess I'm the only one who didn't notice the dub music then...

Filler is in the eye of the beholder.

Whether you consider every episode with character development or expanded backstory a non-filler is a matter of opinion rather than fact. Obviously every person has a different definition. Mine is that despite he whole backstory and recurring character appearance, this episode does nothing to serve the plot other than to reaffirm the existence of characters that appeared over 11 years ago. You could easily take out this episode and not alter the continuing story in any way. This doesn't lead to any continuing plots other than perhaps another single episode sometime in the next 10 years, nor does skipping this episode cause one to think "Hey, what's happened to this character and why have they been replaced by a dragon-shark thing?"

So yeah, obviously we can all have our own definitions, but that's just a short rant explaining why I considered the f-word appropriate to decribe the nature of this episode.

Well, I think this episode is a filler. Nothing drastic happened in it. I doubt future episodes are going to refer to this ep at all (it would be cool, though).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom