• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP48: The Treasure Is All Mine!

I wouldn't really consider this episode filler per say but it doesn't really advance the plot. So if your definition of filler is that it doesn't advance the plot, then this is filler.

This was a pretty good episode, I just did not get a couple of parts. It seemed as though Growlie came out of nowhere at the end which was sort of odd. Funny how the password ended up being remembered by James at the end and it was one of the most obvious things of all.

I also wonder if Jessiebelle and Jessie have the same voice actor this time a round, it will be interesting to see the cast list for this episode.

I remember the older episodes having them running off into the distance but what is the "You're not running properly" mean?

I remember the older episodes having them running off into the distance but what is the "You're not running properly" mean?

I haven't seen the original episode in years, but from what I remember, it was one of the original lines from there.

Anyway, I liked how the password ended up being "Open Password".

Anyway, I liked how the password ended up being "Open Password".

Yes, that was funny. By the way, what was the password in the original Japanese version of this episode?

Sometimes it seems as though TPCI has hired no writers who know a thing about comedy, but this episode actually proves that thought wrong!

I have a few things to say:

why the heck is chimchar still in the opening? Even my five year old brother knows its a monferno.
how the heck does a treasure chest turn into a dang robot?
and I think that butler likes young master James a little too much.

Overall, this ep was good and it was nice to see Jessiebelle after so long. Plus, we got to see Growlie, which was pretty awesome.

why the heck is chimchar still in the opening? Even my five year old brother knows its a monferno.
Isn't this season almost over? Why edit the opening when it's going to be changed soon?

I just watched the dub and I have nothing to complain about it! (Well, except a certain thing which isn't allowed to be discussed here. Let's just say I laughed a lot during the flashback scenes.)

"To say this was a bizarre day is putting it mildly." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, "You're not running properly!" I remember that so well! And I'm pretty sure by now that whatever kids watched Holy Matrimony so many years ago realized that stuff wasn't gym equipment.

I realized that for the first time when I saw the Cartoon Network marathon leading up to the Diamond & Pearl debut. I was 17 I think.

Wow, this episode was fast. I thought it was great. XD
James: "Wait, I just remembered the password! 'Open Password'!"
Meowth: "How do you function without a brain?!"
LOL

I'm really glad TPCi kept a lot of the important pieces. It was really nice to hear that old RSE goofy music.

This episode was FANTASTIC XD Brought back some good memories. James was great in this episode. For some reason, I found this exchange hilarious:

Meowth: Hey! Treasure Boy! Go get that box!
Ash: Uh...me?
Meowth: *sarcasticly* No. Your Uncle.
Ash: Okay. Geez, get a little more grouchy why don't ya?

That had me cracking up :p Guess I found it hilarious that Ash was kind of obnoxious all episode (calling TR's question "dumb", the faces he was making, determined to get into the chest, was great XD)

Meowth's last line (How do you function without a brain?) was also great.

James: "Wait, I just remembered the password! 'Open Password'!"
Meowth: "How do you function without a brain?!"
LOL

Yeah, that was great :D
Ash was funny in this episode, and its been a while since I've thought this.
Otherwise, I enjoyed Team Rocket a lot in this episode. I thought James was quite adorable :)

It was nice seeing Ash and Brock remember Jessiebelle, and James' past, when explaining to Dawn. Jessiebelle was pretty good, riding on that flying couch and the line about not running properly. James resorted to being blast off to try to escape when he realised they can't beat her at the end, she's really tough. Seeing them battle now would have been nice, maybe it could have even been a double battle involving Sebastian. Sebastian was amazing, he jumped through a concrete floor. Would have been even cooler had he broken through Ash and Brock's barricade. Also, I liked how James gave up on Jessiebell for selfishness, James is a great character.

There were some pretty good quotes in this episode, I guess they decided to get a little bit creative.

Meowth: Hey! Treasure Boy! Go get that box!
Ash: Uh...me?
Meowth: *sarcasticly* No. Your Uncle.
Ash: Okay. Geez, get a little more grouchy why don't ya?
The "No, Your Uncle." line I found very amusing as well. I wonder who Ash's Uncle actually is...

Jessiebelle flying in on the couch pulled by helicopters was a bit over the top, I think.

I believe the Japanese series updates there openings with the correct characters every now and again, but definitely a whole lot more often than the English dubs get updated. I really wouldn't worry about a new opening they will definitely be making a new one of the new season that should come out. They are going to have to change the season title unless they decide to incorporate Team Galactic into a few more episodes as "Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battles" is not all that fitting with the main villain team gone.

Heh, it just dawned on me this episode marks the second time Monferno hurt himself while digging. {Though the first time was back when he was a chimchar}

Weird thing to notice I know.

Well, I think this episode is a filler. Nothing drastic happened in it. I doubt future episodes are going to refer to this ep at all (it would be cool, though).
But Jessiebelle appeared to be James' first love... I thought it's pretty important thing about his past :p And if Jessiebelle arleady came back once, I can see her return once again in the next generation.

So...am I hearing this correctly or is the real reason that James suddenly changes his mind about "his first love" (as he put it) was because Jessibelle wanted James to have a Skitty for a pet rather than a Growlithe?? Then again, it's more likely just that James doesn't want a girl who gets to make all the decisions. XD.
In any case, I'd say this is one of those episodes that proves just how much the writers care about continuity (arguably moreso than previous sagas even).

Also, James knew what a Skitty was way back then, yet no one seemed to know there were more than 150 Pokémon a few years afterward. Odd.

It's called a retcon. This show has completely ignored the fact that certain Pokemon "didn't exist" (or this case, were discovered later) until later generations all the time. (ie: James' Carnivine).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom