• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP50: Double-Time Battle Training!

First of all, coordinators aren't pushovers. A battle is a battle no matter how flashy it is.

Your brute force will fail the minute you face someone capable of defending/dodging for enough time for your points to hit zero.

First of all, coordinators aren't pushovers. A battle is a battle no matter how flashy it is.

Your brute force will fail the minute you face someone capable of defending/dodging for enough time for your points to hit zero.

Well, I would know this, and train on hitting more often. But my brute force would win, there is no reason it would not.

Contest battles are meaningless as you could just forget about the points and just go for the KO.

Contest battles are meaningless as you could just forget about the points and just go for the KO.

Not if you cannot accomplish this in time. You also lose points if your moves don't look good. By the time that you have nearly knocked out your foe, your points could be gone.

Funny how today they reaired DP 41 in Israel (the double performance training ep) and about an hour later I finally watched this thread's ep in English... and Dawn said exactly what Zoey told her in that ep ("if you want to improve, you'll never be satified with where you are" - totally see that line being said again after Dawn wins the GF) good continuity

Anyway... I'd like to ask something
Sadly, I won't translate for the Hebrew dub the upcoming Season 12 and they won't even accept my lists of names/terms
I'd still like to work on my translation ability and try to improve... also, I think that if I'd be able to translate episodes aheah of time, before they get it, that would give me an advantage over other translators
So I decided to try to write this thread's ep whole script and try to translate it - but it's very hard to me to understand everything by hearing
If I do it, will people here help me to realize some of the lines I didn't understand? (most likely mainly TRio's dialogue, which wasn't a lot in this ep)

If people will help me, I'll do the same for the next two eps too
If I'll see I did a good job with these 3 eps - I'll continue to do it for all Season 13 eps and then when this season comes to here, I'll ask if they'd like to use my translation

So expect me to post in this thread again with the ep's script in the upcoming days
Also, if anyone here usually watch every new ep that airs with closed captions, please PM me
Thanks

From everything we've seen on the show, it looks like it would be much more effective to just go straight for the jugular in contest battles, assuming they're in contests where you can change Pokémon between rounds. A Pokémon that is trying to look pretty will instantly get trounced by a comparable one that is trying to get a KO. Have you ever seen martial artists spar competitively? Most of the time they are using more boring-looking moves because they're practical. If you try to do something overly flashy, chances are it's game over for you. I don't see why contest battles are any different. Managing to connect with multiple flashy techniques being an alternate win condition does not change the fact that you would be destroyed for even trying one if your opponent weren't a fictional character who is not trying to win but exists to show off an element of a video game.

However, it would make slightly more sense if you were forced to use the same Pokémon in both rounds, as then you wouldn't even see the battle round if you trained a dedicated battler.

Now imagine Pryce doing this...

Candice is nice IMO. We needed someone as genki as her.
I agree, she is really the exact opposite of what Pryce is. I never saw him in the anime though but telling from his game counterpart they are probably both pretty similar old men. His manga counterpart does make up for some of his oldness though. :x

Since focus punch is pretty much translated from "Kiai Punch" it make sense that Candice is telling Dawn and Zoey to concentrate as they need all there attention for these double appeal rounds.

I would be glad to help you out Piplup, just let me know what I can do. Helping you out the Team Rocket lines shouldn't be too much trouble. As well, I may be able to get subtitles as I usually watch each new episode twice a week.

Not if you cannot accomplish this in time. You also lose points if your moves don't look good. By the time that you have nearly knocked out your foe, your points could be gone.

But what I am trying to point out is that if a really good battler, say Cynthia, did a contest battle, all she would have to do is win the match, which is easier for her. The whole points system is for chumps really, it is stupid and makes the show even more stupid than it already is (possible??)

this episode was awesome! especially the part where ash stuffed himself and got fat! that was hilarious!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom