• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP51: A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!

I have decided to get up this morning to watch the latest episode.
BGM: 6 pieces of BGM were kept, although 2 of which were the standard Team Rocket themes and 2 of the others were only 30 second themes.
Overall, little else is different between the dub and the original version. Although I do wish that more than 2-3 minutes of original pieces were kept per episode, it was still enjoyable to watch.

Well Piplup suffered a fractured skull and chest along with 1st degree burns. Ash must've lost a couple of brain cells and now has rabies by receiving multiple bites. Dawn knows that she has acrophobia. (She couldn't be a man and hit the ground! XD)
Brock got owned carrying an millenium old lady on his back (Brock being told he's out of shape... a.k.a being OBESE XD)
I would say the episode was one of the funny ones that show up once in a while.

It's interesting to note that there was a close-up of Jessie's booty. FANSERVICE TIME!!

This episode is one of my faves because of the hilarious animation. Tamagawa ftw!

Who voiced Gible?

The same guy as DP145.

Although I agree with Boron - Ampharos King.
I was predicting that the dub would keep all pieces, but instead did this junk. Just plain awful. Why do they do this to Tamagawa's episodes?

Since as of DP142, Iwane's had all Japanese music (excluding DP152, with the title card), it's possible.

Next week: SEASON FINALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's interesting to note that there was a close-up of Jessie's booty. FANSERVICE TIME!!

I like that the first thing she says when she turns around is 'what do you think you're looking at?'. Y'know, just to make the intention behind that shot a little more obvious.
I expect that was changed, but still!

Man is it just me or does Tamagawa make the characters look extra adorable or something? Tawagawa why don't they use you more D8

Anyway...hearing Gible go "gi-gible? gib" just isn't the same as Fukamaru's blank, deadpan sounding "Ka?". Pokemon, I am disappoint.

Last edited:
This is a fun ep. Ah, Piplup's first Draco Meteor. And second. And third. *loses count* Again, I wonder if TR Mechs are tasty.

Why does she introduce herself as Gramdma Wilma? I know, in the games she's also Grandma Wilma, but Ash/Dawn/Brock can think that Delia/Johanna/Lola came out of her tummy. I think she's more of Brock's because of her eyes.

I have decided to get up this morning to watch the latest episode.
BGM: 6 pieces of BGM were kept, although 2 of which were the standard Team Rocket themes and 2 of the others were only 30 second themes.
Overall, little else is different between the dub and the original version. Although I do wish that more than 2-3 minutes of original pieces were kept per episode, it was still enjoyable to watch.
Actually it was 8 pieces not 6.

Well that was a silly episode. Nothing special, but I loved Piplup receiving bodily harm. I'd call it strictly average.

This is the first time I've actually been bothered by dub music replacement. Mainly because I remembered some of the music in the original version of this episode. Most of the time I don't really care.

I was mainly bothered with the silly sounding music when Gible first bites Ash's head (and later Piplup's head) being replaced. Although I still found that scene to be funny, just funny enough for me to repeatably watch that scene like I did with the Japanese version. I guess that means part of why I kept on watching it in the original version was due to the music.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the dub version of this episode as much as I did with the Japanese version of it.

Last edited:
Why does she introduce herself as Gramdma Wilma? I know, in the games she's also Grandma Wilma, but Ash/Dawn/Brock can think that Delia/Johanna/Lola came out of her tummy. I think she's more of Brock's because of her eyes.
Yeah, the fact that Wilma was a game NPC flew right over my head. o.o That's kinda cool.

Hooray for physical comedy. My favorite part was easily Brock having to carry Grandma Wilma around. Especially when she insulted him early on. :p Gible seems cute enough, causing ruckus amongst the main cast.

This episode also makes me realize how goofy-looking Altaria is.

Meh, this was an ok episode. Not nearly as hilarious as in Japanese, but I still never tire of Piplup getting hit by Draco Meteor. :-D

Piplup did get hit by Draco Meteor quite a few times in this episode. The funniest part that I found was when Gible bit onto Ash's head for the first time which was very unexpected.

I also like the part when Gible bites onto Ash's head again and Brock says,"I'd like to know what goes on in Gible's head when it does that." xD

Overall an interesting episode with tons of comedy thrown in, it could have used a bit more story though. It seemed as though the Draco Meteor animation was changed a bit from when it was last used by Cynthia's Garchomp back in DP152.

On the Background music part, when Team Rocket takes Altaria is that just the Team Rocket theme?

This should also be the last episode before the new season, Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors premiers. Alas, no more Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battles. I am really interested in seeing the new opening though!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom