• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S12 EP52: Gotta Get a Gible!

I'm super psyched to watch it tomorrow! Technically today, but I still have to sleep.

This episode is going to rock in the dub! Looking forward to some funny Barry and Dawn one liners.

I'm not going to be able to watch it today. :p It'll be a while before I'm completely caught up in the dub. I'm on DP 57 I think. Haha. Caught up with the Japanese version, but a little slow on the dub.

Watching it now though... hopefully I'll be ready for the next episode. XD; Or the one after that.

Barry's scream is awesome.

Love the dots at the beginning of the episode!

Woah! Ash tried to jump way across a huge cliff?

Haha, Ash thinks he's Superman. XD

And omg, they played "The Shining Light" BGM track from Johto! I love that song!

Barry - the only character in the series whose voice is truly good and doesn't sound painfully awkward when he's screaming.

Anyway, I can honestly say that this episode was entertaining. I loved the over-exaggerated facial expressions, the wacky movements when Gible bit someone on the head, and the idiotic yet adorable personality of Barry. Gible will be making a good replacement for Gliscor, considering it was the only Pokémon of Ash's with a personality.

Was it just me or did Meowth say "Who dat?" at the beginning of the episode?

Ninja Blastoise mech. TR will make anything up. Ah, Barry, you're always amusing. Of course Ash gets to bond with Gible. Gible is immune to Electric, but Ash is not. Oh well, I guess like TR, he's built up somewhat of a level of endurance to it. Empoleon is intense, but Gible still needs to be trained, too. Heh, Piplup's afraid of Draco Meteor. And it finds him anyway. Pretty good ep. And now we say goodbye to Galactic Battles. I will see you all in Sinnoh League Victors, whenever they decide to begin it.

This ep was great! I'm glad Ash finally got his gible and the ep overall was hilarious! Plus. seeing Barry was pretty nice because he's totally awesome.

Overall a pretty good episode! Also, the Grand episode everyone has been waiting for!

My favorite part would have to be when Brock is flirting with Officer Jenny and tells her, "Put me under arrest with those eyes." So funny!

It took me a while to figure out that the Team Rocket Mecha was an actual Blastoise. I did end up figuring it out once I saw the back of it with the Blastoise shell. What will they come up with next?

When Barry was standing there talking to Ash, I totally called Gible biting onto Barry's head. At the same time I was thinking, "I wonder what would happened if Gible bit onto Barry's head?".

Also that poor park, that Totodile statue got totally chewed up by Gible. I think it is lacking some fiber in its diet.

Fun way to end the season. I couldn't stop laughing at Gible when it kept eating everything in sight and how it nodded yes to everything. I completely forgot Barry was in this episode, so that it awesome by default. I guess if you have a bike you should just stay clear of Ash. :p Shame about that card he got from Fantina's gym.

- Gible v Blastoise mecha = one of the funniest moments...
- Lol at Gible poking Ash's leg and biting his head.
- That Totodile statue got Gibled alright... Yet another sign of the Johto starters being showcase in the anime... this had better be foreshadowing for the League.
- Barry... lol.
- Dawn, "Six is less than Seven" Dawn's got some funny zingers...
- I love Ash saying "Surprise !" When he hears that Fantina wasn't there
- Gible + Barry = winning lulz combination. If Ash battles Barry in the League, Gible needs to be used.
- So Gible is eco-friendly. Al Gore would be proud !
- Empoleon using Hydro cannon makes Gible evolve into a flying type.
- Lol at Empoleon being ashamed of Barry...
- TR escapes with Gible
- Oh wait... it's coming, it's coming... super speedy Ash + Mega Jump... that reeked of awesome
- Brock, "There's a suspension bridge" Yeah, Brock remembered to turn his brain on this morning, you should have done the same Ash.
- So the lesson from this episode, recycling is bad kids...
- Da sparklez from Gible's capture !!! Da sparklez !!!
- Cool battle.
- Draco Meteor will hit Empoleon.... no wait, still hits Piplup...
- Lol at Empoleon and Barry

Funny, Funny and hilarious episode. This was just funny and awesome. Loved it.

LOL. Nice season finale! One of my favorite moments:

Ash: "Gible, don't EVER do that again!"
Gible: "....." *Bites head*
^I think it's how perfectly serious Ash was that made that so funny to me

Also:

Meowth: "Who 'dat?"

That was so random. XD

Exactly when did this bgm play during the ep?

When Ash saved Gible hanging off the cliff.

Yay for Gible and Barry! Barry brings out the best of Ash in terms of hilarity.
I love the way Ash jumps over the cliff ...and then Brock points out the bridge :p
Those Barry-Empoleon interactions are also rather brilliant. And we got some Piplup abuse. What more could we want?
Oh, and Gible is adorable!

I like the little things about this episode, like the dot-dot-dot-sweat drop, the sound Brock made when he saw Officer Jenny, the way the bike crash was animated, Barry's math skills, Barry's screaming skills, Meowth referencing the old motto, Empoleon's shifty look, and Piplup hiding when it sees Draco Meteor and ultimately getting nailed.

That was a good season finale, but why was everyone laughing when Barry lost something critical to what is essentially his career? Poor guy.

That was a good season finale, but why was everyone laughing when Barry lost something critical to what is essentially his career? Poor guy.

Well it's not like Fantina could refuse Barry's request at battling her since she's supposed to accept all challengers.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom