• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP01: Regaining the Home Advantage!

cohenmarioman said:
Then they should have definetly fixed it up, when they first dubbed the episode a few months ago.

TPCI has never used digital paint to fix animation mistakes, to my knowledge (though I have only seen one Season 11 episode dubbed). I don't know why anyone would expect them to start now.

Sleet said:
That was a pretty bad way to start a new season.

Well, it wasn't created to be a season premiere. In Japan, it was just another episode.

But not editing something somewhat noticable as that to me shows disrespect on TCi part. I believe 4kids would have noticed it (they use Photohlshop quite a bit lol) and changed it.

I pretty much fell asleep after the opening. The episode was pretty boring, but I liked Happiny's headbutt on Brock.

But not editing something somewhat noticable as that to me shows disrespect on TCi part. I believe 4kids would have noticed it (they use Photohlshop quite a bit lol) and changed it.

They probably don't know what is safe to edit and what is not. Can't blame them really. The last time they tried to edit anything the fandom whined like crazy about wanting it being exactly like the original. It's probably why now they won't touch anything when it comes to paint edits.=/

You either have one extreme or the other unfortunately. There's also cases when you think your fixing something and the fandom disagrees. So they don't take the risk anymore even if it makes sense for something to be edited.

Last edited:
What edit was that? Never stopped 4kids that a small % of the fans whinned. It is actually kinds stupid not to make an edit because of the small percent whinning. Especially something as noticable as that.

The episode was good. I'm glad I got to see Magnezone. I love that Pokemon! :3

But the new opening? No. Just...no. It sucks, IMO, even if it does use pics from the greatest JP Pokemon opening ever. :/

Boy, in Japan, this episode aired with a new opening. In America, this episode aired with a new opening (because of a new season. Strange coicidence.

What edit was that? Never stopped 4kids that a small % of the fans whinned. It is actually kinds stupid not to make an edit because of the small percent whinning. Especially something as noticable as that.

If it is only a small percentage whining why would they change it? It doesnt have any direct influence on the show. OH NO!! there are 2 pikachu in the background when there should only be one. This will keep me up all night.

If it is only a small percentage whining why would they change it? It doesnt have any direct influence on the show. OH NO!! there are 2 pikachu in the background when there should only be one. This will keep me up all night.

It would be to be consitant. It shows they acknowledge fans, rather than just not do anything. if you choose what to edit and what to leave in, that shows you truely care about that small percentage, even when you do not have to.

It would be to be consitant. It shows they acknowledge fans, rather than just not do anything. if you choose what to edit and what to leave in, that shows you truely care about that small percentage, even when you do not have to.

But what would be the point. Why would they take time away just to fix a small mistake like that. There have been numerous mistakes that were left in so why would they bother to change this one little mistake.

But what would be the point. Why would they take time away just to fix a small mistake like that. There have been numerous mistakes that were left in so why would they bother to change this one little mistake.

I do not know, but it would have been better if they spent the hour doing it.

Wow, that was absolutely horrible. Ever since the Galactic finale and Jessiebelle's return, the quality's been swinging between blah and bad. When exactly does the show become watchable again?

Did anyone else want to freaking smack the twerps at the end there? Team Rocket was just trying their hardest to help out, and they couldn't even give a Rattata's ass and instead ignore them in favor of Brock's utterly ludicrous "Let's make the lake a giant block of ice and just throw it out of the way into the conveniently nearby bottomless canyon, possibly to land on and kill someone!" idea. How the hell did that work? What exactly led Brock to believe Buneary and Happiny were capable of such feats? (Which they were, but that’s beside the point.) And then no one even bothers to notice that they’re just carelessly sending Team Rocket to their deaths (had they not been cartoons), despite the fact that the trio was only a few yards away from them. Dethroning moment of suck much? o_O

The best part was the last minute when the writing team went “Oh crap, our boring plot didn’t run long enough and there’s still time left! Quick, throw in some running gags!” Ash deciding to start training for no reason whatsoever like a crazy person and poor, poor Piplup’s eternal misfortunes amused me just for the randomness.

I do not know, but it would have been better if they spent the hour doing it.

Why the gently caress do you care, anyways? I bet if nobody pointed it out, you wouldn't have even noticed and probably been focused on something else.

Why the gently caress do you care, anyways? I bet if nobody pointed it out, you wouldn't have even noticed and probably been focused on something else.

You are right, but I blame that person who pointed it out, because it kinda bugs me.

Well, it wasn't created to be a season premiere. In Japan, it was just another episode.
Yeah I know, just sayin'.

Though season finales tend to be pretty awesome, by whatever coincidence.

I didn't like this episode at all. It was rather uneventful (they crush a boulder, throw ice block, end), and it seems the writer for this episode really hates Team Rocket. They got blasted off all of 3 times, AND they were thrown off a cliff. That's just harsh. They didn't even do anything wrong the entire episode.

I don't have to say the new theme sucks, do I? They've all sucked since Battle Frontier. I do like that they left that last shot in, however

Episode was pretty boring, could be just me considering I was angry at how poor the opening song sounds.

It would have been better if they did two episodes yesterday.

300th post! :ching:

I found it pretty boring. The 'Pikachu Clone' error was horrifying, the character of the day was a very boring guy, and the Draco Meteor at the end felt like they were just doing it so that they could fit the Piplup being hit gag in. Rating: 5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom