• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP14: Dawn of a Royal Day!

Although this was a good episode, I never understood the point of Dawn getting Togekiss.

It just seemed like the writers way of pretending Ambipom never happened, just so Dawn had a full team of 6 for the Grand Festival.

I don't know much Japanese at all, but I could tell that they must have kept the same Japanese voice actor for togekiss when I heard it go "togekissu!" ;)

The accent thing just makes this episode even more ridiculous than it already is. "Princess Salvia, why are you so uncooth? Also, why have you suddenly started talking with an American accent?"
While what you say is true, is it really that much more ridiculous than the billions of times that Team Rocket has fooled the protagonists with their simple disguises?

I like this ep. because of the whole swapping part of it, but it amazes me still how suck odvious thing such as Team Rocket's dumb disguises or the british princess suddenly obtaining an American accent being totally missed by the characters that come in contact with them. That's anime logic i guess.

Not really. Princess Salvia uses extremely polite speech and words her sentences differently, so it's not that hard to distinguish her from her twin if you can understand Japanese.

The accent thing just makes this episode even more ridiculous than it already is. "Princess Salvia, why are you so uncooth? Also, why have you suddenly started talking with an American accent?"

It's even sillier when it happens the other way around, like with super hero identities. Noone knows that Peter Parker is Spiderman, not even his closest friends, even though he has exactly the same voice.

It's the same with Batman and Superman, although Batman does change his voice somewhat in the movies, because apparently adults really get their knickers in a twist over things like this. Kids are much more eager to suspend disbelief.

Prince and the Pauper is cliche, Dawn got her "Togekiss of Death" from the writers, but it was still pretty entertaining.
4 out of 5.

And what is a British princess living in Sinnoh for? She should be living in London with the rest of her family. But anyway, Salvia's butler is extremely stupid to not get suspicous over Salvia's accent changing suddenly from American to British and vice versa. And what are the odds of two people looking like each other, living in the same country, and meeting each other by chance?

Watching this episode again, I think I only really like it for the Jessie/TR moments, that are incredibly sweet. I also agree that their dialogue was quite enjoyable today.

Otherwise, the fact that the princess was essentially stealing someone's spot at the GF and using someone else's identity, and the twerps have no problem with this still bothers me. The way Salvia gives Dawn togekiss also irks me as its done so casually.

I also find it weird how they had another town that ended in -root. They could have found another source besides an Arrowroot, but Littleroot and Arrowroot. Seriously?

They're both based on different things, yes I know.

Littleroot Little root
Arrowroot Arrowroot

Does anyone remember how Jessie reacted to taking the ribbon that James won? I'm a little curious.

Does anyone remember how Jessie reacted to taking the ribbon that James won? I'm a little curious.

She wasn't happy that he got more applause than she usually does.

The reaction to this is pretty much the same.

Hmm...
Jessie's outrage is kind of misguided then in this episode and it sort of makes me question if I really should like the fact that she is a GF entrant given what we know happens later on.

Hmm...
Jessie's outrage is kind of misguided then in this episode and it sort of makes me question if I really should like the fact that she is a GF entrant given what we know happens later on.

She really only ever actually won three ribbons, so she would still need to participate in two more contests.

She really only ever actually won three ribbons, so she would still need to participate in two more contests.

Exactly. I just find it odd how watching the dub made me re-think about events that happen later in the saga.
I actually believe that Jessie shouldn't have gotten into the GF now, while before I was really happy that she did.

Exactly. I just find it odd how watching the dub made me re-think about events that happen later in the saga.
I actually believe that Jessie shouldn't have gotten into the GF now, while before I was really happy that she did.

Yeah.

And at the end of the episode she said that she won the ribbon "fair and square". She really doesn't know what she's saying, isn't she?

sajuukar said:
While what you say is true, is it really that much more ridiculous than the billions of times that Team Rocket has fooled the protagonists with their simple disguises?

I think so. The accent, combined with the way she spoke, combined with the way she acted (especially at lunch and at the Pokemon Contest) should have given it all away. But neither the old man, nor any of the 80 people she spoke with (which the dub upped to 82, for some reason) seemed to think anything was up.

Mijumaru said:
It would happen only if it actualy existed in the Pokémon World.

There's proof that it doesn't exist?

Iteru said:
Jessie's outrage is kind of misguided then in this episode and it sort of makes me question if I really should like the fact that she is a GF entrant

Why? She would have won this Contest if the princess hadn't shelfishly entered it for shits and giggles. Oh, and if the points system wasn't nonsensical.

The points were nonsensical, but Jessie lost because Seviper was KO'd anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Seviper is simply not that strong, so Togekiss defeat it by brute force.

But, if Princess Salvia hadn't been such a dick and entered the Contest in the first place, Jessie would have won fair and square.

But, if Princess Salvia hadn't been such a dick and entered the Contest in the first place, Jessie would have won fair and square.

Well she gave her the ribbon, didn't she? Same thing.

I think this was a tribute to, "classic Contests," where they were more about battling and KOing opponents than taking points. The way the princess won reminded me of how May won most of her contests.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom