• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP14: Dawn of a Royal Day!

There's proof that it doesn't exist?

Well, many places in the Pokémon world have names based on real places already, and they are indeed aleready based on said place.

Think about it, "Our heroes have arrived in London, in time for Dawn's next Pokémon contest!"

That wouldn't make sense.

Glicsor'd said:
Well she gave her the ribbon, didn't she? Same thing.

Yeah, she did, and it worked out in the end. Still, the idea that Jessie didn't "earn" this victory and therefore didn't deserve a spot in the Grand Festival is ridiculous. She totally deserved it.

Mijumaru said:
Think about it, "Our heroes have arrived in London, in time for Dawn's next Pokémon contest!"

That wouldn't make sense.

I don't see why not. We know that foreign countries exist (Surge is from America, for example), so I don't see why the U.K. can't. Maybe it wouldn't actually go by the name "London," but I'm sure there will eventually be a city heavily based on London someday.

I don't see why not. We know that foreign countries exist (Surge is from America, for example), so I don't see why the U.K. can't. Maybe it wouldn't actually go by the name "London," but I'm sure there will eventually be a city heavily based on London someday.

Well, I guess you can put it that way...
In the first movie, Ash also said that vikings mostly come from Minnesota (reference to Minnesota Vikings).

Why? She would have won this Contest if the princess hadn't shelfishly entered it for shits and giggles. Oh, and if the points system wasn't nonsensical.

So we suddenly know the caliber of those that didn't make it past the appeals? After all Dawn seemed to be more able with the battle round then the appeal round earlier on in the arc, I don't see why this couldn't be the case for others looking to win their last ribbon.

Also, her annoyance about Salvia giving her the ribbon is pretty ridiculous given that she accepted the one that James gave her with a much more positive attitude. It's a completely different reaction and if anything they should be switched around; Jessie at least made some effort for this one while the other one she just sat on her arse...

And the princess being selfish? Well hasn't Jessie actually broken the rules by having James enter in disguised as her in a previous contest? I like to think that the other coordinators on the show would simply go to the next contest if they got ill, especially considering that at that stage, the GF location had not been announced yet.

Jessie really has no right to think of it as unfair to her because it isn't as if she plays fair herself all the time. If she had thought of it unfair to the other coordinators at that contest, it would have come off different.

Even then, Jessie still didn't win a ribbon fairly. Any coordinator that did win their 5 ribbons fairly deserves more then her at the GF.

I think Jessie has enough inexplicably bad luck for her to be given a pass on this one. Her Designated Villain status makes it that much more difficult for her to achieve anything.

I think Jessie has enough inexplicably bad luck for her to be given a pass on this one. Her Designated Villain status makes it that much more difficult for her to achieve anything.

Not true. She has achieved several things, even when she is in disguise.

Not true. She has achieved several things, even when she is in disguise.

True, though the only thing she achieves are the odd ribbon. And two of those were won by someone else. (in Dressed for Jess Success! and this episode)

Also, her annoyance about Salvia giving her the ribbon is pretty ridiculous given that she accepted the one that James gave her with a much more positive attitude. It's a completely different reaction and if anything they should be switched around; Jessie at least made some effort for this one while the other one she just sat on her arse...

First of all, part of the reason Jessie was that she was partly angry at Salvia because she thought she was Dawn. And "Dawn" won this contest when she already had 5 ribbons, thus taking away Jessie's chances of getting into the GF. Then, Salvia gives her the ribbon, making Jessie view it as a pity ribbon. From Jessie's POV, why would this twerp enter the contest only to give her ribbon away? If she didn't enter the contest, the ribbon could have been rightly earned by Jessie in the first place. Plus, since DP 146, Jessie has grown a lot as a character, and has become more confident in herself to win contests on her own.

You really can't compare her reactions to this ribbon win to the one in DP146. While James earned the ribbon for her (and it was her idea too), Salvia just entered the contest for herself, and gave it to Jessie because she had no need for it.

First of all, part of the reason Jessie was that she was partly angry at Salvia because she thought she was Dawn. And "Dawn" won this contest when she already had 5 ribbons, thus taking away Jessie's chances of getting into the GF. Then, Salvia gives her the ribbon, making Jessie view it as a pity ribbon. From Jessie's POV, why would this twerp enter the contest only to give her ribbon away? If she didn't enter the contest, the ribbon could have been rightly earned by Jessie in the first place. Plus, since DP 146, Jessie has grown a lot as a character, and has become more confident in herself to win contests on her own.

You really can't compare her reactions to this ribbon win to the one in DP146. While James earned the ribbon for her (and it was her idea too), Salvia just entered the contest for herself, and gave it to Jessie because she had no need for it.

But Jessie never said "It's okay, you can keep it", she just said "WHY ARE YOU GIVING THIS TO ME?" in an angrily suspicious voice. She hasn't grown that much since then.

But Jessie never said "It's okay, you can keep it", she just said "WHY ARE YOU GIVING THIS TO ME?" in an angrily suspicious voice. She hasn't grown that much since then.

I think Paperhorse's reply was pretty clear on this. Jessie thought it was Dawn that was giving her the ribbon. And obviously Princess Salvia doesn't know about the preexisting relationship between Team Rocket and Dawn and her friends, Jessie does. Would you want to accept something you were very close from getting yourself from someone who you're not on the best of terms with? Not to mention that said person doesn't even NEED it? Dawn never recognizes Jessie in disguise, but still, having "Dawn" take pity on her after coming so close to winning herself fair and square was the last thing she wanted. The whole situation was very strange to say the least.

Ignoring stuff like "Salvia entering the contest isn't fair", "Dawn shouldn't have got Togekiss so late in the game", this was honestly a great episode. Dawn and Salvia's mess-ups as each other and everyone else's reaction to them were priceless.

Also, loved the British accents. Bella Hudson's got quite a range if she could go from Fantina to this.

And Rich Dude couldn't look more gay if he tried. :lol:

You're idealizing DP146 again. In that episode Kojiro did it just for himself and gave the ribbon to Musashi. Both situations are exactly the same, except she actually deserves the ribbon this time.

You can thank the dub for that. Musashi wasn't yelling at her. And just why is asking why she's giving her the ribbon so bad?

You know that Jessie would have accepted the ribbon right away.

That doesn't make any sense. No she wouldn't have.

You're idealizing DP146 again. In that episode Kojiro did it just for himself and gave the ribbon to Musashi. Both situations are exactly the same, except she actually deserves the ribbon this time.

I thought the reason James did this was because Jessie was ill and she asked him to do it for her?

You can thank the dub for that. Musashi wasn't yelling at her. And just why is asking why she's giving her the ribbon so bad?

So let me get this straight. Musashi wasn't yelling at her, but Jessie was. Well, not yelling exactly (I guess I was exaggerating), but in the type of tone in which someone becomes upset.

That doesn't make any sense. No she wouldn't have.

How come? She's greedy and she wants to win all five ribbons.

I thought the reason James did this was because Jessie was ill and she asked him to do it for her?

More like forced him. He was going to quit until he found out how much fun it was. He wasn't trying to win this for her.

So let me get this straight. Musashi wasn't yelling at her, but Jessie was. Well, not yelling exactly (I guess I was exaggerating), but in the type of tone in which someone becomes upset.

Yes.

How come? She's greedy and she wants to win all five ribbons.

She was going to throw it away until James and Meowth stopped her because she doesn't want someone to pity her. I don't know where you're getting the idea that she would have accepted the ribbon no matter what.

She was going to throw it away until James and Meowth stopped her because she doesn't want someone to pity her. I don't know where you're getting the idea that she would have accepted the ribbon no matter what.

Oh, I get it now. I wasn't thinking about that, then I totally forgot that James and Meowth reminded her for a split second.

But I wonder what would happen if Jessilina just found it on the floor. Would she just take it or return it?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom