• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP16: Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama!

Some may call it a filler, because the episode itself didn't contribute much to the plot as a whole, but I really enjoyed it nevertheless.

This was one of those Pokemon episodes which has countless hilarious mini-aspects and scenes. So, let me just mention my favorite ones:

- Gible using Draco Meteor to find out which Piplup was Dawn's was not only funny but also highly smart and showed once again that Gible lost his initial playfulness (and is far from being clumsy!!), is extremely clever and has developed into a tough battler, just as I've always said it would ;)

- Meowth's Boss Fantasy just cracked me up. I liked the fact that Giratina and Regigigas were involved, but what really made me laugh was when Giovanni and his grunts tried (at least in Mewoth's fantasy) to try to catch huge legendaries with a simple fishing net. Haha, who would ever do that?:XD:

- Brock acting like a teacher

- Rissa's outfit and her admiration for the Elite Four. I love it whenever there's a reference to the Elite Four, as they are automatically associated with one certain person... or should I say the angelic Queen of Pokemon? You know who I'm talking about ;) Just the slightest hint of her wonderful existence makes every Pokemon episode something special!

- Ash sweeping Rissa in their battle. Keep it up, Ash!

- The battle against Team Rocket which after last week's battle was great and intense once again.

- Brock not feeling anything for Rissa. Oh dear Brock, finally there's a quite cute girl who admires you (and might even be in love with you) and all you can think of is hitting on a random girl with a miniskirt and seductive boots?? Oh, what a pity...
you know what? you deserved that triple poison jab for being so blind :p

All in all, an awesome and entertaining episode.
To all those who criticized me for not liking last week's episode: See, there can be great and fun plots even in so-called "fillers"

7 out of 10 points

I wonder how they got to the Lakeside Resort. It must've been the day after the episode's main events or something.

I actualy enjoyed this episode more than the last one. Maybe its cuase of my general admiration for Ditto's (and especially the shiny one). Triple wobbuffet equals a win ;D, and it just shows how much jesse actualy loves him at the same time, refusing to give it up.

The episode was okay. My only gripe was that "Double Ditto Drama" would've been perfect. Not that lengthy mess.

My highlights from this episode:

- Gotta be how Piplup was found. I don't think that ever gets old.
- Talk of noobs.
- Ditto transforming into Meowth
- Meowth's 'impressions' of the legendary pokemon
- How when Brock actually got quite stern to somebody she started crying.
- Happiny making the dittos go flying into the forest.
- Not only a triple poison jab, but Brock's scream was super and when Narissa stormed off he thought to himself 'Take Care', haha.

I LOVED the BGM when Brock is teaching Narissa...one of the few really good TPCI tracks.

I agree with these points. I had a good time watching the episode. All the gags were clever. It's nice to be super-casual about them.

By the way, it's nostalgic to see the Lakeside Resort. I always love it when the characters revisit a place they've been to a couple of times.

Next episode will be the return of many characters. Super pumped.

Last edited:
This episode could have sucked, which it didn't, but I would still love it for the fact Risa called Ash a noob.

LOL This episode was funny, I loved the part when Ash was called a noob and he got all angry, his expressions when he found she was only doing it for a month was freakin funnyXD I loved this episode. It had some really funny moments, please noob girl doesn't deserve to be in Ash's scenes bahaha!!

I quite honestly didn't even hear Risa call Ash "noob". Guess I've grown so accustomed to it from playing MMOs that it didn't strike me as odd. xD

LOL this episode was hilarious. LOL at Narissa calling Ash noob a couple of times and then Ash saying noob as well. Oh dear goodness it was hilarious.

Shame they dropped the Mankey pun thing, it would've added to this episode's humor.

I really liked this more than the originals.

And -GASP- the dub did something the Japanese usually do all the time, and its a shame I can't mention it.

Not noob, newb. Newbie.

I certainly wasn't expecting it. Got a chuckle out of me.

- Brock not feeling anything for Rissa. Oh dear Brock, finally there's a quite cute girl who admires you (and might even be in love with you) and all you can think of is hitting on a random girl with a miniskirt and seductive boots?? Oh, what a pity...
you know what? you deserved that triple poison jab for being so blind :p

She was like 10.

Shame they dropped the Mankey pun thing, it would've added to this episode's humor.

Did they even keep the "yankee" thing in the first place? The word doesn't mean the same in English as in Japanese.

But hey, apparently they did keep the fact that she had a nickname she wanted people to use. Nice to see that after they axed Kikuno's "alias" some episodes ago.

Excellent, excellent episode. Not only did it have a fun plot, it was basically loaded with hilarious moments. This may very well be one of my fav eps of the season, probably even entire DP.

Also, Meowth's "impressions" are never ever gonna get old. :lol:

So why is a character calling another character a "n00b" funny, again?

It's a word that's rarely ever heard on TV, let alone Pokémon of all things. The regular characters never talk like that, so hearing it from another character is unexpected.

Watching someone who's isn't a part of a culture use the slang associated with it poorly is funny to people.

Didn't you say that Makina used slang associated with youth in the Japanese version? It's pretty much the same deal here.

Wow. TPCI is still keeping the 90s alive and well with all that slang.

I grew up in the 90's. "N00b" is a 2000's term.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom