• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP20: A Grand Fight for Winning!

Zoey clearly said Thunderbolt. Dunno where you got Shadow Ball from.
Clearly? I can't have such bad hearing...
As far as I'm concerned, I clearly heard the word "ball" in Zoey's command, so I thought that she could only have meant Shadow Ball.
Well ,I could be mistaken, but even if it was Thunderbolt it at least wasn't very clear.

After hearing Fantina say "magnifique!" and "incroyable!" about a million times, I find myself wishing that someone at TPCI had invested in a French dictionary.

You know, fans say that Dawn may win the next GF and that may be true but, the sad thing is, we won't see it. If she cameos in BW and says she did win, it won't feel as good as actually seeing her win. That will just blow chunks. The phrase is "show, don't (just) tell."

And another thing, while Dawn's loss to Zoey allows her character to develop more, she should've been fully developed in time for the Grand Festival by the writers so that she'd win instead of focusing the episodes mostly on fillers and COTDs. Sorry, but I prefer my favorite characters to be fully developed in time to achieve their goals. I just hate open endings that forget to tie up some loose ends sometimes.

And before you tell me to stop whining about Dawn's loss, let me remind you that this is my opinion, this is a forum where said opinions are allowed to be discussed, agreed with and disagreed with and... well, that's pretty much it.

P.S. While I hate that Dawn lost, I loved how she made it to the finals and came so close to winning. Zoey may have won and be the better coordinator but she's not my favorite character (I'd like it if she had a more lively personality). Dawn did her very best and I'm glad she did. But if the writers had her win (in the best way possible), I would've jumped for joy and cried in happiness.

Also I rooted for Dawn as I watched DP177 even though I knew she wouldn't win. I don't switch sides just because the opponent is "better."

I don't have issue with Dawn losing. As her battle with Ursula showed Dawn still has a lot to learn in taking command of the battle and not relying on going for broke last minute luck moves. She needs to prepare more ahead of time and have more moves in her pocket, as well as being more flexible in her strategy.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom