• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP23: Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!

The whole thing does seem pointless. It isn't just another E4 pep speech like in all the other eps, this was seemed directly about Ash in the league which was coming up.

I also find it odd how many times Ash had his Infernape learn from Flint's Infernape, if those two were never going to battle again either.

The whole Elite 4 stuff seemed like a last-minute abandoned plotline, which is odd because Lucian debuted only 36 eps into DP so they had 4 years to handle this.

This is why fans like me hate the surfeit of filler episodes. They use up time that could be spent on better things like the E4 arc.

As for my remarks on Ash's behavior: At least he could have said to Flint: "I hope you'll do your best" or something like that. That way he would still have been able to express his sympathy for Flint, but wouldn't have been disloyal to Cynthia.
Ash, I'd do everything (even die) to be with Cynthia and you act as if it meant nothing to you.

Maybe Ash is rooting for Flint because he knows Flint is the underdog. Kinda like Brock did in "The Double Trouble Header," when he rooted for Casey instead of Ash: "I usually root for the underdog because the underdog is usually Ash."

Last edited:
This ep makes me sad.

Its like Flint told Ash to believe himself in the league no matter how strong his opponent was and he could win.

Little did we know at the time it would lead to the biggest anti-climax in Pokemon anime history.
Well, Ash did knock out two legendaries after all (in one battle to boot!). Especially that Darkrai who never ever lost a battle upto that point and doesn't seem like it would lose another battle again for a long time.
Besides, I believe that Buizel hasn't pulled off a victory in a looooooong time, I think the previous time was before that episode.
Why does everyone forget Fantina's Gengar? :sweat:

Last edited:
What? Dawn called him "handsome"? If I remember correct, in Japanese she said "kakoi" which should've been translated as "cool", not "handsome" @_@

they wanted to please the penguinshippers

YAY. Kenny is gone. I don't get why ppl as awesome as Dawn and Barry could be friends with a dweeb like him
(is chased by Penguinshippers carrying pikes and pitchforks)

Why does everyone forget Fantina's Gengar? :sweat:

Well, really I think Ash vs. C. Wake was Buizel's final battle victory ever. Buizel vs. Gengar was just a victory in the battle, not the victory to decide the battle's victor. When it was caught, it was supposedly the strongest Pokémon ever.

This ep makes me sad.

Its like Flint told Ash to believe himself in the league no matter how strong his opponent was and he could win.

Little did we know at the time it would lead to the biggest anti-climax in Pokemon anime history.

Don't get me wrong, but I don't see what you mean.
How can you call the end of the league anti-climatic? Who actually believed that Ash would really win the Sinnoh League??
The result of the battle against Takuto was plain obvious and predictable and although I'm usually very critical of the writers, I've got to tell you that when it comes to the Sinnoh League, they really made the best of it!

I have to agree with that. Go look over the Takuto episode review thread again and see how many people said they thought it was a good episode. It was very well liked.

"However strong your opponent may be, big deal! Only a person who truly believe they can win, can win." - Flint

Ohh I really like this episode but I wish that Jasmine also meet volkner but he had to be taking challangers

Well Dawn returns single and never mentions about Kenny ever again in unova series. So it's a closed case. Dawn is basically a female Ash so she won't be interested in romance she only interested in contest. Hope she finds a better guy in future.
P. S. Sorry for the late comment after 10 years

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom