• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP26: League Unleashed!

He last appeared in Dawn's Early Night!, which aired on January 26, 2008.

Most of the DP rivals, excluding Paul, Barry and Zoey, only ever appeared a few times.

You'd think with how long DP was, they'd give all the other rivals lots of appearances. They, along with Gary, hardly appeared in DP at all.

Just think, they evolved Cyndaquil after 10 years just to give it a 30 second battle.

And since no old Pokemon are in Isshu, god knows if we'll ever see it again.

I do wish it had shown more of the battle with Quilava, but the part we did see was my favorite part of the episode. I think they should have saved Quilava vs Armaldo for the final matchup of the episode.

Yes, but I'm counting physical appearances before Last Call - First Round!.

I think they should have saved Quilava vs Armaldo for the final matchup of the episode.

Yeah they should've! That way Quilava could be the ultimate victor! I SERIOUSLY wanna know what was going through their heads when they decided to screw him over by cutting away to Team Rocket which nobody cares about watching them sell stuff. The way they just screw the Johto starters over just says we need new writers!

The way they just screw the Johto starters over just says we need new writers!

When not even HGSS can give the Johto starters their proper due in a league, I don't think anything will.

The Kanto starters took over the Johto league, the Johto starters were absent in AG entirely, and in DP Bayleef/Totodile gets no battle at all and Quilava gets shafted.

It really is unbelieveable. None of the other teams were treated this way. Kanto and Hoenn got tons of glory, and the Sinnoh team for 4-full years.

Just think, they evolved Cyndaquil after 10 years just to give it a 30 second battle.

Felt like a big Eff you to veteran fans like myself. They bring back old favorites, cameo 2 of the Johto starters & make 1 evolve for a 30 second battle; only thing that could be more hurtful than that is Ash's Pidgeot returning only for a battle shorter than that.

But I digress, I enjoyed this ep regardless. The fight between Heracross & Kricketune was awesome; absolutely loved it.

Yeah, I wish that Quilava could have gotten at least a little more screentime in the battle. Also, it was really sad how that Quilava's battle resulted in a tie.

When not even HGSS can give the Johto starters their proper due in a league, I don't think anything will.

The Kanto starters took over the Johto league, the Johto starters were absent in AG entirely, and in DP Bayleef/Totodile gets no battle at all and Quilava gets shafted.

It really is unbelieveable. None of the other teams were treated this way. Kanto and Hoenn got tons of glory, and the Sinnoh team for 4-full years.
Yeah like I said....Pokemon needs new writers who aren't so biased! Quilava deserved a full battle on screen and a win. Totodile and Bayleaf would've been used alongside Snorlax in the Top 32. But no! Because the writers hate such awesome starters, they get screwed over!

not counting this? :( lol

AG152.jpg

It was good episode but i never did like the Johto starters tbh.

The Johto pokemon i liked was heracross.

An okay start to the league. It would've been nice if there was a little less talk and a little more battle.

I had trouble understanding Team Rocket, but was Jessie mad during that telepathic scene? Because the animation contradicts that... James shouldn't have been so whiny either, actually.

I had trouble understanding Team Rocket, but was Jessie mad during that telepathic scene? Because the animation contradicts that... James shouldn't have been so whiny either, actually.

Which scene is the telepathic scene? So I can determine whether she's angry or not.

I never liked Nando's style, but he was fine, nothing more. Though, he lost this battle but he was close to defeat Ash, much closer than Paul or Conway.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom