• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP01: In the Shadow of Zekrom! ・ EP02: Enter Iris and Axew!

Heh, this thread gonna get A LOT of replies!

This was my first time actually watching most of BW's episodes, since you know...my shitty internet. But I really loved it, I mean I felt like I was watching a good and accurate dub of Pokemon. Like...it's being dubbed like a show in 2011, instead of 2001. Music, accurate scripts without shitty puns and alliteration:win.

I really like Ash and how funny he is here, a much more physical Ash than in DP. I loved seeing Who's That Pokemon, they're really serious about this "reminiscent of Kanto" this Gen aren't they? Iris was good, as was Axew.

And of course SRS TR was plenty fun. As I expected, I think Gio doesn't really care about Jessie, James, and Meowth. They're just bait to lure out Team Plasma. But hot damn if they aren't taking their job seriously (as are you Mr. Zoppi!).

Now time for a new segment called: Debunk the Crap I heard about BW!:

"Ash isn't 10"- He was always 10, no matter how stupid or illogical it is. I don't care what the dub said or how deep his voice got, he was 10 in Kanto, 10 in Johto, 10 in Hoenn, 10 in Sinnoh, and 10 in Unova. Anything else was wishful thinking or you believing what you wanted to believe.

"Trip is just Paul with green hair"- No, he's not. Paul treated his Pokemon like crap and went for all out power and hated Ash. Trip goes on about how Ash is from the Boonies and is kind of a hick, takes pictures of Pokemon he's never seen before for some reason, and treats his Pokemon with respect.

I'll be doing this in every BW review thread I can to "Debunk the Crap"

Great start TCiP, let's see you keep it up!

Nice.

As for Ash being 10, if they actually said how much time is spent in each region, then yeah, it's possible...I mean while unlikely, if he's only in each region a few months, he could've pulled it off...unlikely, but anyone else have a better explaination? If he turned 11 soon, that would justify it in my mind. I'm just saying, while very unlikely, it's not impossible. We don't know how much time passes in each region truth be told, and we don't know what a year in the Pokemon world is.

I'm still happy about how this turned out! I even may suggest the dub to my friends!

I thought the first two episodes were great. "Who's That Pokemon?" returns, that was from left field. Was I hearing the Tepig pronounced right as Te-Pay and not Te-Pig?

Jessie's and her Woobat were badass in this ep. Meowth managed to come off....capable too.

It's odd though. James is the only one in Black and White who hasn't really gotten to show off any new moves or anything. No new poke, usually just the driver.

Oh my Arceus I loved it. <3 Everything seems so fresh and new and colorful while at the same time evocative of the early days. I flipped upon seeing the return of Who's That Pokémon; I texted people and everything. XP

Wish the opening could have been better. At least it's not that obvious that the footage is spliced together from a single shot.

Oak, that is the worst shirt ever. =D

What on Earth is going on with Zekrom? It just went "OH LOOK A PIKACHU *KABOOM* LET ME STALK IT." Hoping this is the start of a storyline of some sort, not just there for the sake of explaining Pikachu's depowering.

Know what, I'm enjoying Team Rocket so far. It's pretty refreshing. And Giovanni finally playing a monumental role outside of the Mewtwo stuff is all kinds of fun.

=>

I LOVED IT!!!

Especially Team Rocket. They really impressed me. The show was actually entertaining to watch for the first time in... a long time.

The whole show feels much more upbeat and awesome.

I nearly pissed my pants when it said "Who's that Pokemon?" Then I said "HOLY SHIT THEY BROUGHT IT BACK, TPCI IS TRYING TO BE MORE LIKE 4KIDS!!!!!!!"

I nearly pissed my pants when it said "Who's that Pokemon?" Then I said "HOLY SHIT THEY BROUGHT IT BACK, TPCI IS TRYING TO BE MORE LIKE 4KIDS!!!!!!!"
Erm...surely the original Japanese series had something similar to "Who's That Pokémon?"?

Huh. I wonder if using that VA on Lyra was like a test to see if it would work on the team.

I liked the VA work. Especially on the new Pokemon. Trip's voice bothered me a bit at first, but I think I'll get used to it. I'm surprised to hear that it's the same as Barry's.

Erm...surely the original Japanese series had something similar to "Who's That Pokémon?"?

Do generic eye catchers count? I mean, one of Ash and co posing in front of a legendary kind. Cause, that's all Best Wishes had in Japanese. Japanese version stopped doing that around the time the first series ended.

Do generic eye catchers count? I mean, one of Ash and co posing in front of a legendary kind. Cause, that's all Best Wishes had in Japanese. Japanese version stopped doing that around the time the first series ended.
I was talking about back in the Kanto era; so TPCi aren't trying to be like 4kids, as the person I quoted said.

They... they left my Rockets untouched? They didn't ruin them...?

There is a God after all...

Alright... I never liked these episodes. (obviously) But i'll give TPCi credit that they did these episodes pretty well and that I'll always stick by the dub.

Trip made me laugh. He sounds like the child of Paul and Barry.

Dubbing was great, episodes not so much. I wish we would have gotten a voice list because.. well..
Iris's voice is good but will have to grow on me.

Did Trip say that Ash was from "the boonies?"

Yes he did.

Trip is a lot more annoying now that I know what he's saying. I don't think he's like Paul at all to be quite honest (character or voice-wise). Paul didn't like Ash because Ash thought of his Pokémon as his friends and he thought that was a sign of weakness. Trip doesn't like Ash because he's from the "boonies" and because of his impulsiveness.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom