• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP13: Minccino—Neat and Tidy!

I only spot checked the episode, but I agree with those who said Bianca's voice sounds too old. I'm also not really digging the valley girl thing they had going for her.

Too bad they didn't get the FUNimation Luffy voice instead :/

I only spot checked the episode, but I agree with those who said Bianca's voice sounds too old. I'm also not really digging the valley girl thing they had going for her.

Well, she is a teenager. Though I would've liked Luffy's voice from OP's FUNi dub like you said.

Still, I like what I got for the time being. Hopefully, she gets better over time.

Boy oh boy, for the first time in 15 years, Ash has a female rival
season3_ep13_ss1.jpg
what about me?

I really enjoyed this episode! Bianca is hilarious and I think her voice sounds alright. Doesn't really strike me as a valley girl though...

Other than Bianca, I like Pignite's and Minccino's voices.

Really entertaining episode episode, and it's great that Ash has a female rival.

Did I forget to mention anything about my favorite Oshawott? Oh yeah! He was hilarious as usual and his laughter was adorable!!!

I just watched the episode and I like it :)
Bianca is so adorable and crazy Just love here,I wish I met a real girl like her :).

things I didn't like much:

biance looks FAR taller than the games( according to the official BW game setteis)maybe this to show that here father didn't alow her to go on a journey until she's big enought.

I didn't like her voice much also minccino and pignite,cilan's too.

I didn't like how iris was usseless I would like to see her in contect with biance (two has an opposite personalities)

other than that....Oshawaott I don't need to say any thing HES AWESOME AS ALWAYS I LOVE YOOUUUUU :eek:)

A much better episode than the last one by a very long shot. And we can thank Bianca for that. I'm actually ok with Bianca's voice myself. I think it fits just fine, personally.

Bianca may have sounded like she said "Flamethrower", but I listened carefully each time (three total) and she did say "Flame Charge". The first time threw me off when Pignite pulled off something different then I replayed it several times and finally realized what she really said.

Really? I think it fits her ditzy nature quite well. It's almost as I had imagined her if they gave her a voice in the games.

And seriously? She's not obnoxious enough to be 4Kids's Luffy voice (that or it's been that long ago, or she's gone through vocal evolution). Either way, if you ask me it still works.
--
Oshawott's a little too quiet. I couldn't hear him laugh.

Yeah, I think Oshawott is kind of suffering the same issue Piplup had, in which it's voice doesn't really work with the character's personallity. I do like the voice and think it's cute, but Oshawott is such a brash and comical character that the full-on 'cutesy' angle doesn't really bring that across too well. Personally, I kind of get the impression that the VA is struggling a bit to have it match with the visuals.

...not sure if that's off-topic or not, but eh. Just thought I'd get that out there.

As for Bianca's VA also being 4Piece Luffy; Had a feeling I was right about that. Again, while it's still not the voice I'd have expected right off the bat, I got used to it half way through the ep and rather enjoyed the hammy performance. Definately not desert doo-doo.

Very good episode. Bianca was very funny (though her voice was a bit annoying) and the spoon thing was hilarious. MY SPOON! It was also entertaining to see Snivy's best move used against it, LOL.
What I didn't like was how Pikachu managed to OHKO Pignite. And Ash's use of words after falling from the tree made me do a double-take.

There is no character reset.
What? You're saying that you don't call all these points a character reset? Let's look at them in detail:

His Oshawott couldn't handle Tickle attack and Bianca interfered.
He could have if Ash finally put more effort into training him properly. Besides acting goofily, Oshawott didn't do much and I clearly blame Ash for that. And Bianca interfering really shouldn't be an excuse for getting distracted. To use Iris' favorite line: Only little kids would fall for that ;)

Snivy was attracted. She couldn't do anything.
That's what I call slow reaction time. What happened to Snivy's initial speed and flexibility which were pointed out in her first episode again and again?

Since when is Volt Tackle a last resort? Pikachu took a Heat Crash, Flame Charge, and Take Down and beat Pignite with one move that's strength.
Well, the very fact that Pikachu of all Pokemon took so many unnecessary hits against a strong but nevertheless still pretty much inexperienced Pokemon clearly proved to me that there's indeed a massive charater reset both for Ash and Pikachu.

Yeah and people have been proud of there children because they win "one trophy". After winning multiple trophies the year before.
You mean those super-ambitious parents who force their children into all kind of activities, brag to all their relatives about how great their children allegedly are and can get pretty annoying when hysterically cheering on their brats at sport events? Do you take these folks seriously? And as a consequence, do you take their praise seriously?
To me, Professor Juniper's word sounded rather ironic, like "Oh Ash, what a greeeeat achievement! ONE badge already! Considering how much effort it took you to earn it :rolleyes: "

What? You're saying that you don't call all these points a character reset? Let's look at them in detail:
No.
He could have if Ash finally put more effort into training him properly. Besides acting goofily, Oshawott didn't do much and I clearly blame Ash for that. And Bianca interfering really shouldn't be an excuse for getting distracted. To use Iris' favorite line: Only little kids would fall for that ;)
Tickling? Oshawott is ticklish, that's it. You don't really need training for that, not like Minccino is a gym Pokemon.
That's what I call slow reaction time. What happened to Snivy's initial speed and flexibility which were pointed out in her first episode again and again?
When was her speed pointed out? Attract got her that's it. It's called surprise attack, doubt she knew Minccino could use that move.
Well, the very fact that Pikachu of all Pokemon took so many unnecessary hits against a strong but nevertheless still pretty much inexperienced Pokemon clearly proved to me that there's indeed a massive charater reset both for Ash and Pikachu.
Um, no. There is no "character reset". Pignite just got Pikachu with Take Down, then Heat Crash. That's that. Same thing happened with Paul's Frolass.

You mean those super-ambitious parents who force their children into all kind of activities, brag to all their relatives about how great their children allegedly are and can get pretty annoying when hysterically cheering on their brats at sport events? Do you take these folks seriously? And as a consequence, do you take their praise seriously?
To me, Professor Juniper's word sounded rather ironic, like "Oh Ash, what a greeeeat achievement! ONE badge already! Considering how much effort it took you to earn it :rolleyes: "
Do you know about Kung-Fu and Baseball? Kids who choose to take part in fun stuff. Just because they win 3 trophies the year before, and win 1 this year means nothing. They still get complimented all the same.

Your a teacher right? You should know the deal correctly that just because you aren't breaking records each year doesn't mean a thing.

I just don't get why some can't accept that Ash is the same Ash he's always been mostly the older fans. I have my theories why though......

Your a teacher right? You should know the deal correctly that just because you aren't breaking records each year doesn't mean a thing.
Yes, and because I am a teacher, I know that you mustn't praise your students for each and everything they've done well, otherwise they would easily get spoiled very soon. That's basic pedagogy and Paul said the same in "Top Down Training", which by the way was pretty mature of him.
(And I never said anything about having to break records.)

I just don't get why some can't accept that Ash is the same Ash he's always been mostly the older fans. I have my theories why though......
May I hear them please?
Sure, it's still the same Ash physically, that is in terms of his appearance but not mentally and definitely not when it comes to his skills as a Pokemon trainer.

When was her speed pointed out? Attract got her that's it. It's called surprise attack, doubt she knew Minccino could use that move.
It was mentioned several times, for example when she was able to dodge attacks swiftly.

Great episode. I really liked Cilan and Bianca in this one. I hope we see Bianca a lot more in the future. Also, Ash has been a lot more likable this season than during the DP saga. I don't know if it's just because his personality is a bit different or that the writing is better. Whatever the case, Black and White has been a really great season so far, and this episode was probably my favorite episode next to "The Bloom is on Axew."

Yes, and because I am a teacher, I know that you mustn't praise your students for each and everything they've done well, otherwise they would easily get spoiled very soon. That's basic pedagogy and Paul said the same in "Top Down Training", which by the way was pretty mature of him.
(And I never said anything about having to break records.)
Of course you don't every time. But, Juniper complimented him. Ash didn't ask for it but, she did. A compliments a compliment. Ash becoming spoiled at all. I mean that is her Oshawott that he's got, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was happy for him.

May I hear them please?
Sure, it's still the same Ash physically, that is in terms of his appearance but not mentally and definitely not when it comes to his skills as a Pokemon trainer.
The older fans have been with Ash from the very beginning when he came from Kanto. They just don't like the fact Ash is still 10 and making mistakes. So they call the fact he's making these mistakes still "a character reset".

I got in to Pokemon seriously around the time she got Bulbasaur in Hoenn when I was 9.
It was mentioned several times, for example when she was able to dodge attacks swiftly.
She obviously didn't see Attract coming. That attack is pretty fast. It got Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig, and Pidove in the ep, she got caught. Frillish dodged it after Servine got hit by it.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom