• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP39: Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
BW39 - Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!

Excited to have arrived in Nimbasa City, Ash, his friends as well as Luke look forward to the Battle Tournament that is to be hosted and they all want to take part. Hoping to find out where the Gym is, Ash asks Luke but it turns out that they are in Nimbasa Town instead! With the Battle Tournament luckily being held in Nimbasa Town, the group of friends all go to register. Just how will they all do in the Tournament and who will they individually be up against?

Unchanged kana signature. "So what if I'm kid, so are you" Thanks, Georgia. "So, have you gotten any better?" Why do I feel he shouldn't be that insulted by such a remark. "Increase the stats..." Oh dear, here we go again. Ash proves yet again he can use unusual tactics. Instrumental dub theme? Interesting.

I liked Iris (outside the stadium), Bianca, and Zorua in this episode. Well, most everyone was tolerable, except the opponent of Georgia (before the battle) and Georgia herself.

Loved the first battle. Ash's was alright, I guess--I liked his Hydro Pump (I expected a powerful water move, but not Hydro Pump), but hated the anime-ish use of Supersonic.

Good episode--for once, I anticipated some battling action.

It seems like it hasn't been that long ago since I've seen this ep ^^;
I loved the way Iris kept commenting on how great her hair was XDDD

So, did they keep it the same "Don Battle" or changed it to "Club Battles"?

Isn't it changed to Club Battle, hence the dub title of the 3rd Don Battle episode, if not, I don't know.

Lol, Jimmy Ray? Such a great name, he still seems weird to me.

Thank you, I was looking for the title. =)
Also, can someone please tell me the dub names of Sekimoto and Omega?

Omega remains Omega, Dino remains Dino, Ibushi becomes Emanuel, Antonio remains Antonio, and Sanshiro becomes Sylvester.

Sekimoto is the same as well.

And the commentator's name is Freddy O'Martin... Don't ask me why.

The best part of the episode was Jimmy Ray. He should win the whole tournament, because he's such a boss. And Iris is totally eye-banging him.

Looks like Ash is getting used to Bianca's ''entry scenes.'' Burgundy continues to be just as humorous in the dub as she was in the original. Loved her comforting line to Stoutland. Ash's Palpitoad continues to be a boss, its Hydro Pump finish was right out a episode of DBZ. Poor Joktik though, little guy only loss because of a bad match-up.

Overall a really solid ep I think.

Looks like Ash is getting used to Bianca's ''entry scenes.'' Burgundy continues to be just as humorous in the dub as she was in the original. Loved her comforting line to Stoutland. Ash's Palpitoad continues to be a boss, its Hydro Pump finish was right out a episode of DBZ. Poor Joktik though, little guy only loss because of a bad match-up.

Overall a really solid ep I think.
Sorry I had to quote you, but my post will go one the next page.

This was a good "intro" for Joltik, as Joltik played the tiniest part in "Oshawott's Lost Scalchop[.]" Joltik was a star, owning the battle up until its defeat, and not losing because of any virtue of the opponent (aside from its ability to fall and its size). Ash's Palpitoad was good, though it seems to be instantly tougher now that Ash owns it. (I was, again, surprised at its Hydro Pump.)

This was my first episode seeing Burgundy, and she's mkay--I had no idea that I'd see the Stephan guy again though. I again loved Bianca in this episode.

Excited to finally see my favourite episodes of bw in english dub. Now I will know what they are saying lol .I know people said they hated this due to the ending of the arc, but it did not bother me at all. Looking forward to seeing all the hilarious and interesting interaction between the characters coming up.

Even though I wasn't thrilled about the conclusion of this tournament, I still loved the first episode of it as much as I did the first time I watched it, and it was nice to see a big reunion with many previous trainers of this series.

My only problems really were like so:

Burgundy had so much more random french than her first episode and it was just irritating as all get-out. We get it, you like French things, Burgundy. >:C

Joltik's voice. It just sounded like some kid yelling 'Joltik!' It should have sounded a lot littler and cuter, since it IS the smallest Pokemon. :<

Other than that, I liked it. Georgia is awesome, Stephan is badass and awesome, and I still love Bianca. :>

Overall, it was a great and entertaining episode.

I loved seeing all the characters again, some still in their humorous ways. Bianca is still entertaining as always. Stephan was great, Burgundy was still French-y, Georgia and Iris are still fierce rivals, no to mention Trip's photo skills. Also, Luke.

I loved seeing new Pokemon debut. I finally get Zebstrika's pronunciation. I always pronounced it as (Zeb-stree-ka) instead of (Zeb-stry-ka).

The battles were short, great, and interesting.

Cilan's map shows that they just passed the desert, yet no episodes show the desert at all. What for?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom