• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP27: A Restoration Confrontation! Part 1

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
Not a bad start to an average Team Rocket plot. Definitely a pretty ep, with some nice jabs by Team Rocket.

Was surprised by the way they said Tirtouga. That ancient power was pretty badass.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't Gurdurr using dynamic punch in a potentially shaky cave a recipe for disaster?

As with nearly every Pokemon recently - been pronouncing Tirtouga totally wrong.

I really dislike the lack of continuity, Ash manages to be totally shocked at the concept of fossils and ancient Pokemon, while instantly remembering the Archen events when in the helicopter later in the episode. It wouldn't have made any difference to the storyline of the episode for Ash to mention Fennel and Juniper's research while in the guy's house - even if he was interrupted mid-sentence by the theft.

Team Rocket's tactics suck as usual here - there's a reason most of their capture Pikachu plots were the grabby hand thing while in a balloon - so they were half way through their escape when everyone reacts, not needing to run up a slowly closing ramp. If they have the foresight to put a fancy screen inside their helicopter, you'd think they'd have considered the possibility someone might try and board it? Or just reopen the door once the Rockets are safely back inside?

It's so hard to take them seriously when there's very simple logical flaws in everything they do - sure let Team Rocket fail at everything they do - but at least make it look like there's the potential for it to go right.

Something seemed slightly wrong about Cilan's line saying Team Rocket left a bad taste in his mouth.

After Team Rocket's motto,

Ferris: Who is Team Rocket?
Cilan: They're a nasty bunch of criminals who use the power of Pokemon for evil and leave an awful taste in my mouth.

Is it just me or that sounded kind of dirty?

Was a pretty decent episode. As usual, Ash is in his stupid, mindless ways again... It sure was interesting to see what the Pokemon world looked like in prehistoric times. The whole story between Ferris and Tirtouga is pretty memorable.

Was a pretty decent episode. As usual, Ash is in his stupid, mindless ways again... It sure was interesting to see what the Pokemon world looked like in prehistoric times. The whole story between Ferris and Tirtouga is pretty memorable.
What do you mean?

What do you mean?

If you're talking about the last statement, I must've been unclear. Their relationship is pretty memorable ​between them.

Well, not a bad episode.
Sure, reviving fossils has always been a recurring plot but this time they actually managed to turn it into an interesting, exciting story. The fact that the Pokemon wasn't just revived, caused some problems and was eventually befriended by Ash and Co. (see the Archen episode) but that it was actually part of a bigger, more complex story was exactly to my taste.
Also, for some strange reason I found it kind of funny that Ferris' friend used to be the bossy leader of their exploration gang back then in their childhood days and now she obviously still likes to boss him around. Come on Ferris, pull yourself together! :D
What angers me, though is that the writers didn't have Team Rockets take any further measures of precaution. I mean they're smart enough to equip their helicopter with an ultra-modern protective light screen but they couldn't predict that a newly revived Pokemon might use its attacks to break free? I expected more here.

Still, it was a good episode for a change and I'm looking forward to the second part next week.

I heard 4 pieces of the original music in this episode.

The piece before the intro
Title Card
Team Rocket's Sinnoh Motto
Movie 12 BGM-'Arrival of Arceus' played at the cliffhanger.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom