• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP30: Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain!

This one made me like Ash's Krockorok as well. He is really cool and he has a lot of, swagger I guess haha.

A good set-up/introduction episode for Brycen. Probably the most well done out of all the gym leaders in my opinion (with Skyla's being a close second). His Beartic also looks powerful. Can't wait for the battle next week.

A very good episode indeed! As I've always liked martial arts movies, I'm really glad they decided to include this aspect in a Pokemon episode.

Admittedly, the plot itself was not that exciting because it can be seen as a rehash of former, well-known themes. But Brycen's appearance totally made up for this because he is such an awesome character and I dare say even the best one we've seen in awhile. I can't think of anything about him that wasn't good (except for the strange extension of his headband maybe): He is calm and collected, yet when getting angry he sounds just as you would expect of a martial arts star. He proved to be a tough fighter and obviously a great trainer who acts very heroically if needs be. If I had to describe him in a few words, I'd say his voice is the best thing about him. Very, very well done! With his attitude and skill I'd even go so far as to say that he could be a worthy training partner for Cynthia!
We definitely, repeat, definitely need more trainers and characters like him!

Also, I was very surprised how Ash was able to stand his ground that respectably today! That was something we haven't seen from him very often recently.

Regardless of how good this episode was, I have one minor point of criticism, though. For being the "Guardian of the mountain", Volcarona was shockingly weak if you ask me. Being dependent on others to free you is not exactly what you'd expect of a Pokemon that's supposed to guard other Pokemon against the whims of nature. What do you think?

All in all, an awesome introductory episode for Brycen! I'm looking forward to next week's gym battle.

Krokorok was awesome in this episode I love him. Brycen is a great character and I look forward to the battle between him & Ash next week however musically this episode sucked 6/17 pieces or 35%. I'd go on about my feeling about that, but I've expressed it over and over again, and I'd get in trouble if I did, but anyways yeah good actual episode, bad episode musically.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom