• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 E19: The Fires of a Red-Hot Reunion!

It was nice to see how they handled the flashback scenes, almost all their dialogue was exactly the same as the original dub one, except for some very minor changes. I'm not as bothered as several people because of the original vs. new actors thing, but maybe that's because we deal with dub recasting and un-continuity flashbacks everyday over here. However, Misty's voice felt really akward to me, and it seems that they weren't even trying to emulate Damian and the Indigo announcer's voices. Also, Ash sounded much more demanding when he left Charizard in the flashbacks. On the actual episode, he was actually very sad and he just couldn't yell like that. Brock's voice sounded almost the same for me, and the acting was even better than the original sometimes, Bill Rogers did a truly great job.

Its still weird to hear Stan Hart as a one-time character with only one line of dialogue in an episode where Professor Oak appears twice.

Why are the color corrections listed under Dub Edits? For all we know, these were corrected in Japan and will be sued in future airings. TPCi doesn't really do paint edits so I can't see them doing this.
I actually moved them to the dub edits part since they were only seen in the dub. We can't be sure that these were corrected in Japan until future airings, but I think I did wrong since we can't also be sure they were made by the dub staff, something unlikely, since the only errors they correct usually are dialogue.

I thought it was funny and weird that Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland Voiced the Magikarp Salesman ant this was just a good Episode because this the one that aired on My Birthday and this definitely Nominated for Best picture Episode Of The Season.

Does Tom sound better than Bill Rogers did as the Magikarp Salesman in DP, or Eric Stuart did in Chronicles? Just curious.
I'm actually pretty sure the voice actor for the salesman is still Bill Rogers. However, as far as I can listen, I can't hear his Hispanic accent at all.

Last edited:
I'm actually pretty sure the voice actor for the salesman is still Bill Rogers. However, as far as I can listen, I can't hear his Hispanic accent at all.

Ah, I see. Well, that's a shame. I kinda liked how the dub made me sound like a sleazy Hispanic car salesman. Added to the comedic effect. Hopefully Bill still made him funny, though. XD.

Wow, everyone is saying Misty's voice is off today. One of my friends said he raised an eyebrow hearing it today on Serebii Forums. I was always fond of the way Lillis played her myself.

Last edited:
No it was Wayland because there is no mistaking his Voice and I can tell when he has a role and he had the most roles in this episode: The Magikarp Salseman, Charmander, Charmeleon, Poliwrath, and other roles.

Well since I like Sarah Natochenny as Ash, I thought she did great as Ash in the flashbacks. It was also great to hear Bill Rogers as Brock again. But who played Misty?

In the credits, there were four female VAs (Not including Sarah Natochenny and Eileen Stevens):
- Michele Knotz
- Lisa Ortiz
- Kayzie Rogers
- Erica Shroeder

So whoever played Misty must be one of these four.

Well since I like Sarah Natochenny as Ash, I thought she did great as Ash in the flashbacks. It was also great to hear Bill Rogers as Brock again. But who played Misty?

In the credits, there were four female VAs (Not including Sarah Natochenny and Eileen Stevens):
- Michele Knotz
- Lisa Ortiz
- Kayzie Rogers
- Erica Shroeder

So whoever played Misty must be one of these four

I'm betting it's Michele Knotz. She also played Misty in the "Mastermind of Mirage" Pokémon Special in 2006, so to me, logic would dictate they would use her in the role as Rachael Lillis seems to be inactive for some reason since Season 11.

Not gonna lie, I really, really liked Veronica Taylor as Ash, and Eric Stuart as Brock. Those were some of my favorite voices in the 4Kids dub. XD.

I suppose Natochenny does a decent Ash, and Rogers does a decent Brock, but Taylor and Stuart will always be the characters to me. I can't imagine them in these scenes any other way...XD.

Also, I think Lisa Ortiz must have played Liza in today's episode. She also played her in the 4Kids dub. :)

Last edited:
It was most likely Michele Knotz as Misty here.

Agreed. I haven't seen the episode (it just won't feel right to me-- it's just too different for me from the way I remember things were at the time), but logic dictates they would use her as she also played Misty in MoMP back in 2006.

This was just a good Episode to me here because it was so good and Nice to see Tom Wayland have all the roles in an Episode.

Thanks it is what I call some the Voice Actors with some of their roles they have. He did good as Charmander because I wondered who did him in Pokepark 1.

Also, I think Lisa Ortiz must have played Liza in today's episode. She also played her in the 4Kids dub. :)
Ironically, she didn't. Liza didn't say a single word in the flashback. She did however play Charmander's handler, who appeared near the beginning of the episode.

Normally voices don't bother me at all, but hearing Misty's voice honestly made me cringe. All in all though, great episode! This moment right here had to be the best thing I've ever seen in BW.

lgt8760.png

Ironically, she didn't. Liza didn't say a single word in the flashback. She did however play Charmander's handler, who appeared near the beginning of the episode.

Thanks for the heads up! Huh, didn't know that! I must've forgot she didn't speak. XD.

Interesting that she played Charmander's handler. I like how that Charmander reminded Ash of his own (I saw the subbed version of the episode). :)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom