• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 E19: The Fires of a Red-Hot Reunion!

So I'm guessing the move change went like this;
Flamethrower stayed the same
Steel Wing to Wing Attack
Dragonbreath to Dragon Tail
Seismic Toss to Slash

And, thanks to the animation, it's like the animators were lazy, kept the animation for Steel Wing, and just called it Wing Attack. We haven't seen Steel Wing colored metallic gray yet, haven't we?

And they had to keep a Dragon move on him somewhere.

Seismic Toss to Slash

And, thanks to the animation, it's like the animators were lazy, kept the animation for Steel Wing, and just called it Wing Attack. We haven't seen Steel Wing colored metallic gray yet, haven't we?

Hey, good point! I was thinking about that a couple of weeks ago about that very thing! Iron Tail is now just like in the games a metallic tail. Steel Wing just isn't the same though, in that aspect I mean. I've wondered about it since Gen III. For instance after I got the TM from Steven on Dewford Island I'd usually teach it to a Tallow if I had one on my team. In the back of my mind I thought/wondered if the move would actually make the user slower since the wings turn into steel and metal is a heavy substance, how would that effect a flying Pokemon since their wings are what keeps them up and if they should turn into heavy objects would it hinder their flight?

Over-thinking again...but hey its who I am!

Yeah, I just wish the move wasn't spammed so much with the Dragon Gargoyle of the Unova Region knowing it along with Trip's Serperior knowing Dragon Tail.

Seismic Toss to Slash

It would've been better if they'd had Charizard learn Dragon Claw instead of Dragon Tail and Slash. It would've let him keep Seismic Toss.

But still Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland had the most roles which is good to me he also did Gary's Blastoise in the Flashback and sooo many other roles.

This episode recently aired on CITV in the UK this morning and weirdly, the colour error with Pidgeotto remained as it was in the Japanese version yet Areodactyl's error was fixed. I know that CITV uses an "edited for PAL" version where the frame-rate and brightness are lowered, also "To Be Continued" presented in this pointless black banner when it is in English already as seen in the JAP, US and Australian version. What get's me is that the Australians, despite using PAL like the UK & Europe use a clean and unedited version of the show from the US, why, CITV have shown sagas prior to BW with no edits like that, so I find all these localized edits that have been done for CITV by TPCi rather pointless.

Anyway, here are screenshots from the ITV Player, you will have to click on the images to enlarge them:

Pidgeotto CITV Ver.png

I have to say, this was the only episode of BW I've really enjoyed. I actually spent some time searching for it online to watch it, and for once I was not disappointed. This was one of the better BW episodes to date. Charizard was so awesome, the move animations were great, and, best of all, Iris being a total moron with an equally dumb comment made me laugh so hard I choked. And it was good to see Cilan stating the irony in her statements, such as her disobedient Excadrill and Dragonite being similar to Charizard. And on top of that, Ash 1-uped her by correcting her, knocking her down a few pegs in the process. Even Axew laughed at her. Combo in everyone's priceless reactions to Iris' stupidity and it was golden.

While some errors were present, and the voices seems a little out-of-place at times, overall, it was a very good episode. First time I've actually enjoyed a BW episode. Though I do wish N hadn't gotten in the way and canceled the battle. I would've so loved to see Charizard whoop Dragonite, showing them whose boss.

So, if I had to score this episode, I'd give it a solid 10 for a job well-done.

This was a really unique episode. The flashbacks were really nostalgic, and it was by far the most we've ever seen Ash explain to his traveling companions about his past travels. The little shots of Pikachu reaching into Ash's glass and drinking from it while he was talking were cute too. :) I liked Iris' confusion over assuming that Charizard was a Dragon type.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom