• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP01: Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!

Well that was absurdly fun.

Wait, hang on, Roserade dude was a lady?? Also, Iris scares me sometimes.

So, I guess it's time to say "goodbye", Cynthia :( It was fantastic to have you there and I'll miss you so, so badly. Episodes that would have been lackluster without you were turned into a wonderful experience due to your appearance. You gave a whole new meaning to the show but now I'm afraid that the journey will go back to business as usual.
Farewell, angel! I'm sure you'll come back some day.

As for the rest of the episode, I have to say that it was a nice way to kick off the new season. The intro looks decent except for the scene where Bianca trips and falls to the ground. That one was unnecessary because it kind of takes away the seriousness. Isn't an intro supposed to get you excited? Said scene rather accomplishes the opposite because it makes you laugh instead.
Anyway, I liked Iris' plan which was pretty sneaky and also a bit "evil". But what exactly was she planning to do inside the troupe's house? She couldn't predict what the ladies were up to, could she?
Seeing Ash and Cilan crossdress was a bit...well...disturbing but also funny on the other hand. And finally I was happy that Snivy got to show how strong she is, even when Ash totally seems to have forgotten what a good trainer is supposed to do.
Judging from the outcome of the Unova League, Ash should have listened to what Cynthia told him today.

I thought it was a good episode to kick off this season, a little bit better than last season.

I've got a simple four word exclamation for this episode..

Fuck yes Ashley's back!

Oshawott was a Comedian of coarse and the Payback Battle Iris Wanted was really Good as well.

This episode was okay and actually entertaining, unlike most fillers.

I only thing that bothered me was that Ash let 5 of his Pokemon eat; Pikachu, the starters, and Scraggy. Iris let Axew and Emolga eat and Cilan let Pasage eat. Why weren't Excadrill, Dragonite, Crustle, Stunfisk, and whoever Ash's sixth Pokemon was called out to eat. I know the plot was based around the small cute Pokemon, but looking at this from a larger viewpoint almost makes it seem like Ash, Iris, and Cilan are neglectful to some of their Pokemon. This happened before in Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita where Ash had Tranquil on hand, but she wasn't sent out to eat earlier in the episode. Likewise, whenever there's a group meal, Pansage is the only one of Cilan's Pokemon seen eating.

Anyway, that just really irked me. Getting back on topic, the rest of the episode was amusing; especially Ash's voice.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom